Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: fws
Description: four way stop
Alias: CG6549, COG5, Cog5, Dmel\CG6549, FWS, Fws, anon-EST:Posey162, anon-EST:Posey186, dCOG5, four way stop, CG6549-PA, CG6549-PC, CG6549-PD, CG6549-PH, CG6549-PI, Four-way stop, drosophila Cog5, four Way stop, fws-PA, fws-PC, fws-PD, fws-PH, fws-PI
Species: fruit fly
- Giansanti M, Farkas R, Bonaccorsi S, Lindsley D, Wakimoto B, Fuller M, et al. Genetic dissection of meiotic cytokinesis in Drosophila males. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:2509-22 pubmed
- Fari K, Takács S, Ungar D, Sinka R. The role of acroblast formation during Drosophila spermatogenesis. Biol Open. 2016;5:1102-10 pubmed publisher..When testing a mutation in a second retrograde transport protein, Fws, a subunit of the conserved oligomeric Golgi (COG) tethering complex, the acroblast structure, was again disrupted...
- Fan S, Marchand V, Ephrussi A. Drosophila Ge-1 promotes P body formation and oskar mRNA localization. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20612 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest an important role of dGe-1 in optimization of the osk mRNA localization process required for patterning the Drosophila embryo. ..
- Smith R, Lupashin V. Role of the conserved oligomeric Golgi (COG) complex in protein glycosylation. Carbohydr Res. 2008;343:2024-31 pubmed publisher..The COG protein complex consists of eight subunits, distributed in two lobes, Lobe A (Cog1-4) and Lobe B (Cog5-8)...
- Koch R, Ledermann R, Urwyler O, Heller M, Suter B. Systematic functional analysis of Bicaudal-D serine phosphorylation and intragenic suppression of a female sterile allele of BicD. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4552 pubmed publisher..Remarkably, amongst the Drosophila serines we found phosphorylated, Ser(103) is the only one that is fully conserved in mammalian BicD. ..
- Nicolas E, Chenouard N, Olivo Marin J, Guichet A. A dual role for actin and microtubule cytoskeleton in the transport of Golgi units from the nurse cells to the oocyte across ring canals. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:556-68 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that actin networks may be involved in RC crossing through a myosin II step process, as well as in dispatching Golgi units inside the oocyte subcompartments. ..
- Lee S, Cooley L. Jagunal is required for reorganizing the endoplasmic reticulum during Drosophila oogenesis. J Cell Biol. 2007;176:941-52 pubmed..We propose that ER reorganization is an important mechanism used by cells to prepare for an increased demand for membrane traffic, and Jagunal facilitates this process through ER clustering. ..
- Sechi S, Frappaolo A, Belloni G, Giansanti M. The roles of the oncoprotein GOLPH3 in contractile ring assembly and membrane trafficking during cytokinesis. Biochem Soc Trans. 2015;43:117-21 pubmed publisher..Because cytokinesis failures have been linked with pre-malignant disease and cancer, the novel connection between GOLPH3 and cytokinesis imposes new fields of investigation in cancer biology and therapy. ..