Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: fwd
Description: four wheel drive
Alias: CG7004, Dmel\CG7004, Fwd, PI4K, anon-WO0118547.259, four wheel drive, CG7004-PA, CG7004-PB, CG7004-PC, CG7004-PD, Four-wheel drive, fwd-PA, fwd-PB, fwd-PC, fwd-PD
Species: fruit fly
- Bothe I, Deng S, Baylies M. PI(4,5)P2 regulates myoblast fusion through Arp2/3 regulator localization at the fusion site. Development. 2014;141:2289-301 pubmed publisher..Thus, PI(4,5)P2 enrichment at the fusion site encodes spatial and temporal information that regulates fusion progression through the localization of activators of actin polymerization. ..
- Tan J, Oh K, Burgess J, Hipfner D, Brill J. PI4KIII? is required for cortical integrity and cell polarity during Drosophila oogenesis. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:954-66 pubmed publisher..a unique requirement for PI4KIII?, as egg chambers from flies mutant for either of the other Drosophila PI4Ks, fwd or PI4KII, show Golgi but not plasma membrane phenotypes...
- Gupta A, Toscano S, Trivedi D, Jones D, Mathre S, Clarke J, et al. Phosphatidylinositol 5-phosphate 4-kinase (PIP4K) regulates TOR signaling and cell growth during Drosophila development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:5963-8 pubmed publisher..Together, these results define dPIP4K activity as a regulator of cell growth and TOR signaling during larval development. ..
- Forrest S, Chai A, Sanhueza M, Marescotti M, Parry K, Georgiev A, et al. Increased levels of phosphoinositides cause neurodegeneration in a Drosophila model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:2689-704 pubmed publisher..These data underscore the importance of DVAP-Sac1 interaction in controlling phosphoinositide metabolism and provide mechanistic evidence for a crucial role of phosphoinositide levels in VAP-induced ALS. ..
- Das A, Shah S, Fan B, Paik D, DiSanto D, Hinman A, et al. Spindle Assembly and Chromosome Segregation Requires Central Spindle Proteins in Drosophila Oocytes. Genetics. 2016;202:61-75 pubmed publisher..In combination our results support a model where the meiotic central spindle and associated proteins are essential for acentrosomal chromosome segregation. ..
- Sechi S, Colotti G, Belloni G, Mattei V, Frappaolo A, Raffa G, et al. GOLPH3 is essential for contractile ring formation and Rab11 localization to the cleavage site during cytokinesis in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004305 pubmed publisher..Because cytokinesis failures have been associated with premalignant disease and cancer, our studies suggest novel insight into molecular circuits involving the oncogene GOLPH3 in cytokinesis. ..
- Axelsson E, Sandmann T, Horn T, Boutros M, Huber W, Fischer B. Extracting quantitative genetic interaction phenotypes from matrix combinatorial RNAi. BMC Bioinformatics. 2011;12:342 pubmed publisher..The reliable extraction of presence, absence, and strength of interactions provides insights into molecular mechanisms. ..
- Davidson G, Shen J, Huang Y, Su Y, Karaulanov E, Bartscherer K, et al. Cell cycle control of wnt receptor activation. Dev Cell. 2009;17:788-99 pubmed publisher..G2/M priming of LRP6 by a Cyclin/CDK complex introduces an unexpected new layer of regulation of Wnt signaling. ..
- Dason J, Romero Pozuelo J, Marin L, Iyengar B, Klose M, Ferrús A, et al. Frequenin/NCS-1 and the Ca2+-channel alpha1-subunit co-regulate synaptic transmission and nerve-terminal growth. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:4109-21 pubmed publisher..Overall, Frq modulates Ca(2+) entry through a functional interaction with the alpha(1) voltage-gated Ca(2+)-channel subunit; this interaction regulates neurotransmission and nerve-terminal growth. ..
- Leandro L, Szewczyk N, Benguria A, Herranz R, LaVan D, Medina F, et al. Comparative analysis of Drosophila melanogaster and Caenorhabditis elegans gene expression experiments in the European Soyuz flights to the International Space Station. Adv Space Res. 2007;40:506-512 pubmed
- Landis G, Bhole D, Tower J. A search for doxycycline-dependent mutations that increase Drosophila melanogaster life span identifies the VhaSFD, Sugar baby, filamin, fwd and Cctl genes. Genome Biol. 2003;4:R8 pubmed..b>four wheel drive (fwd) encodes a phosphatidylinositol-4-kinase (PI 4-kinase) and CTP:phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase-l (..
- Burgess J, Del Bel L, Ma C, Barylko B, Polevoy G, Rollins J, et al. Type II phosphatidylinositol 4-kinase regulates trafficking of secretory granule proteins in Drosophila. Development. 2012;139:3040-50 pubmed publisher..Our genetic analysis of PI4KII in flies thus reveals a novel role for PI4KII in regulating the fidelity of granule protein trafficking in secretory tissues. ..
- ROBINETT C, Giansanti M, Gatti M, Fuller M. TRAPPII is required for cleavage furrow ingression and localization of Rab11 in dividing male meiotic cells of Drosophila. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:4526-34 pubmed publisher..bru also genetically interacts with four wheel drive (fwd), which encodes a PI4Kbeta, such that double mutants exhibit enhanced failure of male meiotic ..
- Sechi S, Frappaolo A, Belloni G, Giansanti M. The roles of the oncoprotein GOLPH3 in contractile ring assembly and membrane trafficking during cytokinesis. Biochem Soc Trans. 2015;43:117-21 pubmed publisher..Because cytokinesis failures have been linked with pre-malignant disease and cancer, the novel connection between GOLPH3 and cytokinesis imposes new fields of investigation in cancer biology and therapy. ..