Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fur2
Description: Furin 2
Alias: 154521_at, CG18734, CG4235, DMH#11, Dfur2, Dfurin2, Dmel\CG18734, FUR2, Furin, fur2, furin, furin 2, CG18734-PA, CG18734-PB, CG18734-PC, CG18734-PD, CG18734-PE, CG18734-PF, CG18734-PG, CG18734-PH, CG18734-PI, Dfurin2, Fur2-PA, Fur2-PB, Fur2-PC, Fur2-PD, Fur2-PE, Fur2-PF, Fur2-PG, Fur2-PH, Fur2-PI, Furin-like protease, furin2
Species: fruit fly
- Brüning M, Lummer M, Bentele C, Smolenaars M, Rodenburg K, Ragg H. The Spn4 gene from Drosophila melanogaster is a multipurpose defence tool directed against proteases from three different peptidase families. Biochem J. 2007;401:325-31 pubmed..synthesis of multiple protease inhibitor isoforms, one of which has been shown to be a potent inhibitor of human furin. Here, we have investigated the inhibitory spectrum of all Spn4 RSL variants...
- Johnson T, Henstridge M, Herr A, Moore K, Whisstock J, Warr C. Torso-like mediates extracellular accumulation of Furin-cleaved Trunk to pattern the Drosophila embryo termini. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8759 pubmed publisher..Here we find that Trunk is cleaved intracellularly by Furin proteases...
- Kim Y, Igiesuorobo O, Ramos C, Bao H, Zhang B, Serpe M. Prodomain removal enables neto to stabilize glutamate receptors at the Drosophila neuromuscular junction. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1004988 pubmed publisher..However, Neto prodomain must be removed to enable iGluRs synaptic stabilization and proper postsynaptic differentiation. ..
- Roebroek A, Pauli I, Zhang Y, Van de Ven W. cDNA sequence of a Drosophila melanogaster gene, Dfur1, encoding a protein structurally related to the subtilisin-like proprotein processing enzyme furin. FEBS Lett. 1991;289:133-7 pubmed..This protein, designated Dfurin1, exhibited striking sequence homology to human furin and contained the same protein domains except for the cysteine-rich region...
- Hessle V, Bjork P, Sokolowski M, González de Valdivia E, Silverstein R, Artemenko K, et al. The exosome associates cotranscriptionally with the nascent pre-mRNP through interactions with heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:3459-70 pubmed publisher..Our results lead to a revised mechanistic model for cotranscriptional quality control in which the exosome is constantly recruited to newly synthesized RNAs through direct interactions with specific hnRNP proteins. ..
- Lake R, Grimm L, Veraksa A, Banos A, Artavanis Tsakonas S. In vivo analysis of the Notch receptor S1 cleavage. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6728 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate a correlation between loss of cleavage and loss of in vivo function of the Notch receptor, supporting the notion that S1 cleavage is an in vivo mechanism of Notch signal control. ..
- Zhou D, Udpa N, Gersten M, Visk D, Bashir A, Xue J, et al. Experimental selection of hypoxia-tolerant Drosophila melanogaster. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:2349-54 pubmed publisher..Unique analytical tools and genetic and bioinformatic strategies allowed us to discover that Notch activation plays a major role in this hypoxia tolerance in Drosophila melanogaster. ..
- Zhang L, Syed Z, van Dijk Härd I, Lim J, Wells L, Ten Hagen K. O-glycosylation regulates polarized secretion by modulating Tango1 stability. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:7296-301 pubmed publisher..Golgi/endoplasmic reticulum protein, Tango1 (Transport and Golgi organization 1), and conferring protection from furin-mediated proteolysis...
- Hessle V, von Euler A, González de Valdivia E, Visa N. Rrp6 is recruited to transcribed genes and accompanies the spliced mRNA to the nuclear pore. RNA. 2012;18:1466-74 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that the quality control of pre-mRNA splicing is not based on the selective recruitment of the exoribonuclease Rrp6 to unprocessed mRNAs. ..
- Meng X, Wahlström G, Immonen T, Kolmer M, Tirronen M, Predel R, et al. The Drosophila hugin gene codes for myostimulatory and ecdysis-modifying neuropeptides. Mech Dev. 2002;117:5-13 pubmed