Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: fs(1)M3
Description: female sterile (1) M3
Alias: CG4790, Dmel\CG4790, Fs(1)K646, fs(1)K646, fs(1)ph, fs(1)phl, fs(1)pole hole, fs(1)polehole, female sterile (1) M3, CG4790-PA, fs(1)M3-PA, fs(1)polehole, polehole
Species: fruit fly
- Lim Y, Nishizawa K, Nishi Y, Tsuda L, Inoue Y, Nishida Y. Genetic analysis of rolled, which encodes a Drosophila mitogen-activated protein kinase. Genetics. 1999;153:763-71 pubmed..Involvement of rl in cell proliferation was also demonstrated by clonal analysis. Branching and integration of signals in the MAP kinase cascade is discussed. ..
- LeMosy E. Pattern formation: the eggshell holds the cue. Curr Biol. 2003;13:R508-10 pubmed
- Tsuda L, Inoue Y, Yoo M, Mizuno M, Hata M, Lim Y, et al. A protein kinase similar to MAP kinase activator acts downstream of the raf kinase in Drosophila. Cell. 1993;72:407-14 pubmed..Our genetic results demonstrate the connection between raf and the highly conserved protein kinase cascade involving MAP kinase in vivo. ..
- Perrimon N, Desplan C. Signal transduction in the early Drosophila embryo: when genetics meets biochemistry. Trends Biochem Sci. 1994;19:509-13 pubmed..This pathway involves a membrane-bound receptor tyrosine kinase (RTK) that is similar to other Drosophila RTKs, such as sevenless, and the mammalian RTKs, such as the epidermal growth factor or platelet-derived growth factor receptors. ..
- Ambrosio L, Mahowald A, Perrimon N. l(1)pole hole is required maternally for pattern formation in the terminal regions of the embryo. Development. 1989;106:145-58 pubmed..Thus, the maternal l(1)ph+ gene product is required for the establishment of cell identities at the anterior and posterior poles of the Drosophila embryo. ..
- Furriols M, Casanova J. Germline and somatic vitelline proteins colocalize in aggregates in the follicular epithelium of Drosophila ovaries. Fly (Austin). 2014;8:113-9 pubmed publisherNasrat and Polehole, two Drosophila proteins related functionally and by sequence, are secreted from the oocyte and incorporated into the vitelline membrane, where they play a role in the integrity of the same and in the activation of ..
- Komitopoulou K, Gans M, Margaritis L, Kafatos F, Masson M. Isolation and Characterization of Sex-Linked Female-Sterile Mutants in DROSOPHILA MELANOGASTER with Special Attention to Eggshell Mutants. Genetics. 1983;105:897-920 pubmed..At least six groups with clear-cut effects were found at loci not previously identified with known chorion structural genes. ..
- Grillo M, Furriols M, de Miguel C, Franch Marro X, Casanova J. Conserved and divergent elements in Torso RTK activation in Drosophila development. Sci Rep. 2012;2:762 pubmed publisher..A combination of these mechanisms is likely to allow the repeated activation of a single receptor in different contexts. ..
- Wagner C, Mahowald A, Miller K. One of the two cytoplasmic actin isoforms in Drosophila is essential. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:8037-42 pubmed..Instead, our results suggest that regulated expression of Act5C is essential to the fly. ..
- Casanova J, Struhl G. Localized surface activity of torso, a receptor tyrosine kinase, specifies terminal body pattern in Drosophila. Genes Dev. 1989;3:2025-38 pubmed
- Stein D, Stevens L. Establishment of dorsal-ventral and terminal pattern in the Drosophila embryo. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 1991;1:247-54 pubmed
- Manseau L, Schupbach T. The egg came first, of course! Anterior-posterior pattern formation in Drosophila embryogenesis and oogenesis. Trends Genet. 1989;5:400-5 pubmed..The initial spatial localizations of the maternal organizing activities are established during oogenesis. After fertilization these activities regulate zygotic gene activity along the anterior-posterior axis of the egg. ..
- Grossniklaus U, Bellen H, Wilson C, Gehring W. P-element-mediated enhancer detection applied to the study of oogenesis in Drosophila. Development. 1989;107:189-200 pubmed..On the basis of our results, we suggest new strategies, which are not primarily based on the generation of mutants, to screen for and isolated female sterile genes. ..
- Gao Q, Wang Y, Finkelstein R. Orthodenticle regulation during embryonic head development in Drosophila. Mech Dev. 1996;56:3-15 pubmed..Finally, we identify a novel pathway mediated by the gap gene huckebein through which three maternal systems cooperate to repress otd expression at the anterior terminus of the embryo. ..
- Lu X, Perkins L, Perrimon N. The torso pathway in Drosophila: a model system to study receptor tyrosine kinase signal transduction. Dev Suppl. 1993;:47-56 pubmed..Also involved in tor signaling is the non-receptor protein tyrosine phosphatase corkscrew (csw). Here, we review the current model and discuss future research directions in this field. ..
- Perrimon N, Gans M. Clonal analysis of the tissue specificity of recessive female-sterile mutations of Drosophila melanogaster using a dominant female-sterile mutation Fs(1)K1237. Dev Biol. 1983;100:365-73 pubmed..These results are discussed in terms of a coincident production of clones in the follicle cells. ..
- Nishida Y. [Oncogene research using Drosophila as a model system]. Jpn J Genet. 1990;65:121-34 pubmed
- Pignoni F, Steingrimsson E, Lengyel J. bicoid and the terminal system activate tailless expression in the early Drosophila embryo. Development. 1992;115:239-51 pubmed..This is the first described example of how, by jointly controlling expression of the same gene, two systems of positional information function together to set unique positional values. ..
- Cernilogar F, Fabbri F, Andrenacci D, Taddei C, Gargiulo G. Drosophila vitelline membrane cross-linking requires the fs(1)Nasrat, fs(1)polehole and chorion genes activities. Dev Genes Evol. 2001;211:573-80 pubmed..In the fs(1)Nasrat and fs(1)polehole mutant alleles conferring defects in vitelline membrane formation, disruption of vitelline membrane cross-linking ..
- Remolina S, Chang P, Leips J, Nuzhdin S, Hughes K. Genomic basis of aging and life-history evolution in Drosophila melanogaster. Evolution. 2012;66:3390-403 pubmed publisher..More generally, we argue that hitchhiking mapping can be a powerful tool for uncovering the molecular bases of quantitative genetic variation. ..