Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: fray
Alias: 4624, CG7693, Dmel\CG7693, Dosr1, Fray, STE20-like/SPAK, dOSR1, dSTRAD, l(3)07551, lag, frayed, CG7693-PA, CG7693-PB, CG7693-PC, CG7693-PE, CG7693-PF, CG7693-PG, CG7693-PH, CG7693-PI, Ste20-like, Ste20-like protein kinase, fray-PA, fray-PB, fray-PC, fray-PE, fray-PF, fray-PG, fray-PH, fray-PI, laggard, oxidative-stress-responsive kinase 1
Species: fruit fly
- Sato A, Shibuya H. WNK signaling is involved in neural development via Lhx8/Awh expression. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55301 pubmed publisher..Drosophila WNK mutant caused defects in axon guidance during embryogenesis. These results suggest that WNK signaling is involved in the morphological and neural development via Lhx8/Arrowhead...
- Russell M, Ostafichuk L, Scanga S. Lethal P-lacZ insertion lines expressed during pattern respecification in the imaginal discs of Drosophila. Genome. 1998;41:7-13 pubmed..One is an allele of schnurri, a gene that encodes a component of the decapentaplegic (dpp) signal transduction pathway used for positional signalling in the embryo and in imaginal discs. ..
- Chen W, Yazicioglu M, Cobb M. Characterization of OSR1, a member of the mammalian Ste20p/germinal center kinase subfamily. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:11129-36 pubmed..Here we have extended that analysis to the possible MAPK kinase kinase kinases (MAP4Ks) in the JNK pathway. Fray, a putative Drosophila MAP4K, provided a major contribution to JNK activation by sorbitol...
- Chotard C, Salecker I. Neurons and glia: team players in axon guidance. Trends Neurosci. 2004;27:655-61 pubmed..Equally, neurons provide crucial information to glia, supporting their migration and correct positioning. ..
- Serysheva E, Berhane H, Grumolato L, Demir K, Balmer S, Bodak M, et al. Wnk kinases are positive regulators of canonical Wnt/?-catenin signalling. EMBO Rep. 2013;14:718-25 pubmed publisher..Importantly, knockdown of human WNK1 and WNK2 also results in decreased Wnt signalling in mammalian cell culture, suggesting that Wnk kinases have a conserved function in ensuring peak levels of canonical Wnt signalling. ..
- Wu Y, Schellinger J, Huang C, Rodan A. Hypotonicity stimulates potassium flux through the WNK-SPAK/OSR1 kinase cascade and the Ncc69 sodium-potassium-2-chloride cotransporter in the Drosophila renal tubule. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:26131-42 pubmed publisher..Similarly, knocking down the SPAK/OSR1 homolog fray also decreases K(+) flux...
- Li X, Chatterjee N, Spirohn K, Boutros M, Bohmann D. Cdk12 Is A Gene-Selective RNA Polymerase II Kinase That Regulates a Subset of the Transcriptome, Including Nrf2 Target Genes. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21455 pubmed publisher..We suggest that Cdk12 acts as a gene-selective Pol II kinase that engages a global shift in gene expression to switch cells from a metabolically active state to "stress-defence mode" when challenged by external stress. ..