Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FMRFaR
Description: FMRFamide Receptor
Alias: CG2114, Dm FMRFa-R, Dmel\CG2114, DrmFMRFa-R, FMRFa-R, FMRFamide receptor, CG2114-PA, CG2114-PB, CG2114-PC, FMRFa-receptor, FMRFaR-PA, FMRFaR-PB, FMRFaR-PC, dFMRFa receptor, fmrf receptor, larval-opioid-receptor
Species: fruit fly
- Ormerod K, Krans J, Mercier A. Cell-selective modulation of the Drosophila neuromuscular system by a neuropeptide. J Neurophysiol. 2015;113:1631-43 pubmed publisher..Knocking down FMRFamide receptor (FR) expression separately in nerve and muscle indicate that both presynaptic and postsynaptic FR expression ..
- Collin C, Hauser F, Krogh Meyer P, Hansen K, González de Valdivia E, Williamson M, et al. Identification of the Drosophila and Tribolium receptors for the recently discovered insect RYamide neuropeptides. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;412:578-83 pubmed publisher..Gene expression data published in Flybase (www.flybase.org) show that the Drosophila CG5811 gene is significantly expressed in the hindgut of adult flies, suggesting a role of insect RYamides in digestion or water reabsorption...
- Kiss B, Szlanka T, Zvara A, Zurovec M, Sery M, Kakaš S, et al. Selective elimination/RNAi silencing of FMRF-related peptides and their receptors decreases the locomotor activity in Drosophila melanogaster. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2013;191:137-45 pubmed publisher..RNAi silencing of the FaRP and FaRP-receptor genes effectively decreased the startle-induced locomotor activity of flies. Ablation of FMRF-positive neurons by the RS8-Gal4 and/or RS17-Gal4 drivers also decreased the flies' activity. ..
- Lenz O, Xiong J, Nelson M, Raizen D, Williams J. FMRFamide signaling promotes stress-induced sleep in Drosophila. Brain Behav Immun. 2015;47:141-8 pubmed publisher..Animals mutant for either FMRFamide or for the FMRFamide receptor (FR) have a reduced recovery sleep in response to heat stress...
- Rasmussen M, Leander M, Ons S, Nichols R. Conserved molecular switch interactions in modeled cardioactive RF-NH2 peptide receptors: Ligand binding and activation. Peptides. 2015;71:259-67 pubmed publisher..AKH receptor motifs were not representative of a RF-NH2 subfamily. The motifs and interactions of switches in the RFa-Rs were consistent with receptor activation and ligand-specific binding. ..
- Jayakumar S, Richhariya S, Reddy O, Texada M, Hasan G. Drosophila larval to pupal switch under nutrient stress requires IP3R/Ca(2+) signalling in glutamatergic interneurons. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Activity in this circuit is thus likely to be an adaptation that provides a layer of regulation to help surpass nutritional stress during development. ..