Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: feo
Alias: CG11207, Dmel\CG11207, EA86, Feo, PRC1, Q54, l(1)9Fe, l(1)BP1, fascetto, CG11207-PA, feo-PA, lethal(1)9Fe
Species: fruit fly
- Kitazawa D, Matsuo T, Kaizuka K, Miyauchi C, Hayashi D, Inoue Y. Orbit/CLASP is required for myosin accumulation at the cleavage furrow in Drosophila male meiosis. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e93669 pubmed publisher..Centralspindlin was dispensable in Orbit ring formation. Instead, the Polo-KLP3A/Feo complex was required for the Orbit accumulation independently of the Orbit MT-binding domain...
- Wainman A, Giansanti M, Goldberg M, Gatti M. The Drosophila RZZ complex - roles in membrane trafficking and cytokinesis. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:4014-25 pubmed publisher..Our findings further suggest that Rod plays a Golgi-related function that is not required for spermatocyte cytokinesis. ..
- Kahn T, Dorafshan E, Schultheis D, Zare A, Stenberg P, Reim I, et al. Interdependence of PRC1 and PRC2 for recruitment to Polycomb Response Elements. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:10132-10149 pubmed..They form multiple complexes of which PRC1 and PRC2 are evolutionary conserved and obligatory for repression...
- Wang H, Brust Mascher I, Scholey J. The microtubule cross-linker Feo controls the midzone stability, motor composition, and elongation of the anaphase B spindle in Drosophila embryos. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:1452-62 pubmed publisher..Here we investigated the contribution of the midzonal, antiparallel MT-cross-linking nonmotor MAP, Feo, to this "slide-and-flux-or-elongate" mechanism...
- Sechi S, Colotti G, Belloni G, Mattei V, Frappaolo A, Raffa G, et al. GOLPH3 is essential for contractile ring formation and Rab11 localization to the cleavage site during cytokinesis in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004305 pubmed publisher..Because cytokinesis failures have been associated with premalignant disease and cancer, our studies suggest novel insight into molecular circuits involving the oncogene GOLPH3 in cytokinesis. ..
- Crest J, Concha Moore K, Sullivan W. RhoGEF and positioning of rappaport-like furrows in the early Drosophila embryo. Curr Biol. 2012;22:2037-41 pubmed publisher..by our finding that the conserved central spindle components centralspindlin (mKLP1 and RacGAP50C), Polo, and Fascetto (Prc1) localize to the astral microtubule overlap region...
- Szafer Glusman E, Fuller M, Giansanti M. Role of Survivin in cytokinesis revealed by a separation-of-function allele. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:3779-90 pubmed publisher..Analysis of this "separation-of-function" allele demonstrates the direct role of Survivin and the CPC in cytokinesis and highlights striking differences in regulation of cytokinesis in different cell systems. ..
- Pokholkova G, Solov eva I. [Characteristics of inserted mutations obtained in the P-M hybrid dysgenesis system in the 9F12-10A7 region of the Drosophila melanogaster X-chromosome]. Genetika. 1989;25:1776-85 pubmed
- Cesario J, Jang J, Redding B, Shah N, Rahman T, McKim K. Kinesin 6 family member Subito participates in mitotic spindle assembly and interacts with mitotic regulators. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:4770-80 pubmed..For example, subito double mutants with ncd, polo, Aurora B or Incenp mutations were synthetic lethal with severe defects in microtubule organization. ..
- Naim V, Imarisio S, Di Cunto F, Gatti M, Bonaccorsi S. Drosophila citron kinase is required for the final steps of cytokinesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:5053-63 pubmed
- Kozlova T, Semeshin V, Tretyakova I, Kokoza E, Pirrotta V, Grafodatskaya V, et al. Molecular and cytogenetical characterization of the 10A1-2 band and adjoining region in the Drosophila melanogaster polytene X chromosome. Genetics. 1994;136:1063-73 pubmed..In contrast, the 10A1-2 band contains three genes and at least six transcribed DNA fragments. (3) Comparison of genetic and physical maps shows that in this region 0.01 centiMorgan corresponds to 3.3 kb of DNA. ..
- Lefevre G. The eccentricity of vermilion deficiencies in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1969;63:589-600 pubmed
- Debruhl H, Albertson R, Swider Z, Sullivan W. Rop, the Sec1/Munc18 homolog in Drosophila, is required for furrow ingression and stable cell shape during cytokinesis. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:430-43 pubmed publisher..These results further highlight the importance of vesicle trafficking in animal cytokinesis and show that vesicle fusion influences cell shape during cytokinesis. ..