Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fatp
Description: Fatty acid (long chain) transport protein
Alias: CG45083, CG46149, CG7400, Dmel\CG46149, Dmel_CG45083, Dmel_CG7400, Dromel_CG7400_FBtr0080133_fatp_mORF, Dromel_CG7400_FBtr0080133_fatp_uORF, FATP, anon-WO0121795.74, dFATP, dFatp, fatp, l(2)k10307, fatty acid (long chain) transport protein, CG46149-PA, CG46149-PB, CG46149-PE, CG46149-PF, Fatp-PA, Fatp-PB, Fatp-PE, Fatp-PF, fatty acid transport protein
Species: fruit fly
- Zhao X, Feng D, Wang Q, Abdulla A, Xie X, Zhou J, et al. Regulation of lipogenesis by cyclin-dependent kinase 8-mediated control of SREBP-1. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:2417-27 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate that CDK8 and CycC function as evolutionarily conserved components of the insulin signaling pathway in regulating lipid homeostasis. ..
- Sujkowski A, Saunders S, Tinkerhess M, Piazza N, Jennens J, Healy L, et al. dFatp regulates nutrient distribution and long-term physiology in Drosophila. Aging Cell. 2012;11:921-32 pubmed publisher..Here, we describe a heterozygous mutation in Drosophila (dFatp) that alters nutrient distribution and multiple aspects of physiology...
- Dourlen P, Bertin B, Chatelain G, Robin M, Napoletano F, Roux M, et al. Drosophila fatty acid transport protein regulates rhodopsin-1 metabolism and is required for photoreceptor neuron survival. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002833 pubmed publisher..In this study, we investigated a fatty acid transport protein (fatp) null mutation that caused adult-onset and progressive photoreceptor cell death...
- Coelho D, Domingos P. Physiological roles of regulated Ire1 dependent decay. Front Genet. 2014;5:76 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate the importance of RIDD in tissues undergoing intense secretory function and highlight the physiologic role of RIDD during UPR activation in cells and organisms. ..
- Kory N, Thiam A, Farese R, Walther T. Protein Crowding Is a Determinant of Lipid Droplet Protein Composition. Dev Cell. 2015;34:351-63 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the LD binding affinity determines protein localization during lipolysis. Our findings identify protein crowding as an important principle in determining LD protein composition. ..
- Speder P, Adam G, Noselli S. Type ID unconventional myosin controls left-right asymmetry in Drosophila. Nature. 2006;440:803-7 pubmed..Like mouse inversin, Myo31DF interacts and colocalizes with beta-catenin, suggesting that situs inversus genes can direct left-right development through the adherens junction. ..