Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ets97D
Description: Ets at 97D
Alias: CG6338, D-Elg, D-elg, DELG, Delg, Dmel\CG6338, Elg, Ets, d-elg, delg, elg, tne, tny, Ets at 97D, CG6338-PA, CG6338-PB, Ets like gene, Ets97D-PA, Ets97D-PB, tiny, tiny eggs
Species: fruit fly
- Lautenberger J, Burdett L, Gunnell M, Qi S, Watson D, O Brien S, et al. Genomic dispersal of the ets gene family during metazoan evolution. Oncogene. 1992;7:1713-9 pubmed..ELK1) from the ets-1, ets-2, erg ancestor; (2) and (3) two duplications that established separate ets, erg and elg/GABP-alpha lineages which occurred prior to invertebrate-vertebrate divergence; (4) divergence of ets-1 and ets-2 ..
- Wasylyk B, Hahn S, Giovane A. The Ets family of transcription factors. Eur J Biochem. 1993;211:7-18 pubmedInterest in the Ets proteins has grown enormously over the last decade...
- Price M, Lai Z. The yan gene is highly conserved in Drosophila and its expression suggests a complex role throughout development. Dev Genes Evol. 1999;209:207-17 pubmed..Yan, a nuclear target of receptor tyrosine kinase (RTK) signaling, is an E twenty six (ETS) DNA-binding protein that functions as a negative regulator of cell differentiation and proliferation in Drosophila...
- Hsu T, Schulz R. Sequence and functional properties of Ets genes in the model organism Drosophila. Oncogene. 2000;19:6409-16 pubmedDetailed molecular and genetic studies, coupled with the recent sequencing of the fly genome, have identified eight Ets-related genes in the model organism Drosophila. All show homology to genes in vertebrate species...
- Tiefenböck S, Baltzer C, Egli N, Frei C. The Drosophila PGC-1 homologue Spargel coordinates mitochondrial activity to insulin signalling. EMBO J. 2010;29:171-83 pubmed publisher..Spargel, however, was not limiting for mitochondrial mass, but functioned in this respect redundantly with Delg, the fly NRF-2alpha/GABPalpha homologue...
- Chen S, Oliveira M, Sanz A, Kemppainen E, Fukuoh A, Schlicht B, et al. A cytoplasmic suppressor of a nuclear mutation affecting mitochondrial functions in Drosophila. Genetics. 2012;192:483-93 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a paradigm for understanding the role of mtDNA genotype in human disease. ..
- Banerjee K, Ayyub C, Sengupta S, Kolthur Seetharam U. Fat body dSir2 regulates muscle mitochondrial physiology and energy homeostasis nonautonomously and mimics the autonomous functions of dSir2 in muscles. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:252-64 pubmed publisher..In summary, we show that fat body dSir2 is a master regulator of organismal energy homeostasis and is required for maintaining the metabolic regulatory network across tissues. ..