Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Eps-15
Description: Epidermal growth factor receptor pathway substrate clone 15
Alias: CG16932, Dmel\CG16932, EH1, EPS-15, EPS15, Eps15, anon-WO0118547.85, eps-15, eps15, i31, epidermal growth factor receptor pathway substrate clone 15, CG16932-PA, CG16932-PB, CG16932-PC, CG16932-PD, Eps-15-PA, Eps-15-PB, Eps-15-PC, Eps-15-PD, Eps15 homologue 1
Species: fruit fly
- Winther Ã, Vorontsova O, Rees K, NÃ¤reoja T, Sopova E, Jiao W, et al. An Endocytic Scaffolding Protein together with Synapsin Regulates Synaptic Vesicle Clustering in the Drosophila Neuromuscular Junction. J Neurosci. 2015;35:14756-70 pubmed publisher..We also identify the endocytic scaffolding complex that includes Dap160 as a regulator of the events linking exocytosis and endocytosis in synapses. ..
- Nahm M, Lee M, Parkinson W, Lee M, Kim H, Kim Y, et al. Spartin regulates synaptic growth and neuronal survival by inhibiting BMP-mediated microtubule stabilization. Neuron. 2013;77:680-95 pubmed publisher..We have generated a Drosophila disease model showing that Spartin functions presynaptically with endocytic adaptor Eps15 to regulate synaptic growth and function...
- Wang P, Pai L. D-Cbl binding to Drk leads to dose-dependent down-regulation of EGFR signaling and increases receptor-ligand endocytosis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17097 pubmed publisher..The fusion proteins we developed may provide alternative strategies for therapy of cancers caused by hyper-activation of EGFR signaling. ..
- Jafar Nejad H, Norga K, Bellen H. Numb: "Adapting" notch for endocytosis. Dev Cell. 2002;3:155-6 pubmed..In this issue of Developmental Cell, Berdnik et al. show that Numb recruits alpha-Adaptin and that this physical interaction plays a role in downregulating Notch, presumably by stimulating endocytosis of Notch. ..
- Xie X, Cho B, Fischer J. Drosophila Epsin's role in Notch ligand cells requires three Epsin protein functions: the lipid binding function of the ENTH domain, a single Ubiquitin interaction motif, and a subset of the C-terminal protein binding modules. Dev Biol. 2012;363:399-412 pubmed publisher..We propose that Epsin's specificity for Notch signaling simply reflects its unique ability to interact with the plasma membrane, Ubiquitin, and proteins that bind Clathrin. ..
- Giagtzoglou N, Lin Y, Haueter C, Bellen H. Importin 13 regulates neurotransmitter release at the Drosophila neuromuscular junction. J Neurosci. 2009;29:5628-39 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, imp13 is required in the muscles to control presynaptic release. Thus, imp13 is a novel factor that affects neurotransmitter release at the fly NMJ. Its role in the context of synaptic homeostasis is discussed. ..
- Peng Y, Yang W, Lin W, Lai T, Chien C. Nak regulates Dlg basal localization in Drosophila salivary gland cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;382:108-13 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Nak regulates the transition of Dlg distribution likely through endocytosis of Dlg from the apical membrane domain and transcytosis of Dlg to the basolateral membrane domain during the maturation of SGs development. ..
- Crosetto N, Tikkanen R, Dikic I. Oncogenic breakdowns in endocytic adaptor proteins. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:3231-8 pubmed..We discuss how breakdowns in the function of endocytic adaptors might facilitate impairment of tissue homeostasis and consequent tumor development. ..
- Vijayakrishnan N, Phillips S, Broadie K. Drosophila rolling blackout displays lipase domain-dependent and -independent endocytic functions downstream of dynamin. Traffic. 2010;11:1567-78 pubmed publisher..We conclude that RBO possesses both lipase domain-dependent and scaffolding functions with differential requirements in non-neuronal versus neuronal endocytosis mechanisms downstream of dynamin GTPase activity. ..
- Li X, Kuromi H, Briggs L, Green D, Rocha J, Sweeney S, et al. Bicaudal-D binds clathrin heavy chain to promote its transport and augments synaptic vesicle recycling. EMBO J. 2010;29:992-1006 pubmed publisher..Our results implicate BicD as a new player in clathrin-associated trafficking processes and show a novel requirement for microtubule-based motor transport in the synaptic vesicle cycle. ..
- Wu J, Bakerink K, Evangelista M, Thomas G. Cytoplasmic capes are nuclear envelope intrusions that are enriched in endosomal proteins and depend upon ?H-spectrin and Annexin B9. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e93680 pubmed publisher..Diminution of these structures does not lead to a change in mSpitz processing. These results extend the endosomal influence of ?H and its partner Annexin B9 to this unusual compartment at the nuclear envelope. ..
- Li M, Lai P, Chou Y, Chi A, Mi Y, Khoo K, et al. Protein tyrosine phosphatase PTPN3 inhibits lung cancer cell proliferation and migration by promoting EGFR endocytic degradation. Oncogene. 2015;34:3791-803 pubmed publisher..We further identified EGFR pathway substrate 15 (Eps15) as a target of dPtpmeg and its human homolog PTPN3...
- Hamanaka Y, Meinertzhagen I. Immunocytochemical localization of synaptic proteins to photoreceptor synapses of Drosophila melanogaster. J Comp Neurol. 2010;518:1133-55 pubmed publisher..We used monoclonal antibodies against Bruchpilot, epidermal growth factor receptor pathway substrate clone 15 (EPS-15), and cysteine string protein (CSP), all raised against a fly head homogenate, ..