Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Eig71Ea
Description: Ecdysone-induced gene 71Ea
Alias: CG16931, Dmel\CG16931, L71, L71-1, gene I, gene-I, Ecdysone-induced gene 71Ea, 71E-Gene-I, CG16931-PA, Eig71Ea-PA, gene I
Species: fruit fly
- Wright L, Chen T, Thummel C, Guild G. Molecular characterization of the 71E late puff in Drosophila melanogaster reveals a family of novel genes. J Mol Biol. 1996;255:387-400 pubmed..We find that this region contains a cluster of ten coordinately regulated late genes (L71 genes) that are organized as five divergently transcribed gene pairs...
- Fletcher J, Thummel C. The ecdysone-inducible Broad-complex and E74 early genes interact to regulate target gene transcription and Drosophila metamorphosis. Genetics. 1995;141:1025-35 pubmed..This data is consistent with current models which propose that combinations of ecdysone primary-response genes regulate common morphogenetic pathways during insect metamorphosis. ..
- Crossgrove K, Bayer C, Fristrom J, Guild G. The Drosophila Broad-Complex early gene directly regulates late gene transcription during the ecdysone-induced puffing cascade. Dev Biol. 1996;180:745-58 pubmed..A cluster of 10 salivary gland-specific secondary response L71 late genes are dependent on the BR-C rbp+ genetic function...
- Baehrecke E. Steroid regulation of programmed cell death during Drosophila development. Cell Death Differ. 2000;7:1057-62 pubmed..This article reviews the current knowledge of steroid signaling and the regulation of programmed cell death during development of Drosophila. ..
- Kugler S, Gehring E, Wallkamm V, Krüger V, Nagel A. The Putzig-NURF nucleosome remodeling complex is required for ecdysone receptor signaling and innate immunity in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2011;188:127-39 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Pzg acts as an important partner of NURF in the regulation of EcR and JAK/STAT signaling. ..
- Vanden Broeck L, Naval SÃ¡nchez M, Adachi Y, Diaper D, Dourlen P, Chapuis J, et al. TDP-43 loss-of-function causes neuronal loss due to defective steroid receptor-mediated gene program switching in Drosophila. Cell Rep. 2013;3:160-72 pubmed publisher..We propose that dTDP-43 neurotoxicity is caused by a loss of its normal function. ..