Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: east
Description: enhanced adult sensory threshold
Alias: CG4399, Dmel\CG4399, EAST, EG:133E12.4, East, anon-WO03040301.224, l(1)G0014, l(1)G0500, su(w[sp]), enhanced adult sensory threshold, CG4399-PB, CG4399-PC, CG4399-PD, CG4399-PE, CG4399-PF, CG4399-PG, east-PB, east-PC, east-PD, east-PE, east-PF, east-PG, enhanced adult salt tolerance, suppressor of white-spotted
Species: fruit fly
- Balicky E, Endres M, Lai C, Bickel S. Meiotic cohesion requires accumulation of ORD on chromosomes before condensation. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:3890-900 pubmed
- Brumby A, Goulding K, Schlosser T, Loi S, Galea R, Khoo P, et al. Identification of novel Ras-cooperating oncogenes in Drosophila melanogaster: a RhoGEF/Rho-family/JNK pathway is a central driver of tumorigenesis. Genetics. 2011;188:105-25 pubmed publisher..Ras(ACT)-cooperating genes identified were Rac1 Rho1, RhoGEF2, pbl, rib, and east, which encode cell morphology regulators...
- Campos Ortega J. Cellular interactions in the developing nervous system of Drosophila. Cell. 1994;77:969-75 pubmed
- Wasser M, Chia W. The extrachromosomal East protein of Drosophila can associate with polytene chromosomes and regulate gene expression. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e412 pubmedThe EAST protein of Drosophila is a component of an expandable extrachromosomal domain of the nucleus. To better understand its function, we studied the dynamics and localization of GFP-tagged EAST...
- Mel nikova L, Krivega I, Georgiev P, Golovnin A. Nuclear matrix protein EAST is involved in regulation of transcription of the yellow gene in Drosophila melanogaster. Dokl Biol Sci. 2007;415:313-6 pubmed
- Soriano S, Velazquez A, Marcos R, Cabre O, Xamena N. Induced somatic and germinal reversion of the white-spotted-1 insertional mutant phenotype in Drosophila melanogaster. Mutagenesis. 1998;13:199-206 pubmed..Such modifiers map near the white locus and, at least in one case, may correspond to suppressor-of-white-spotted...
- Chinta R, Tan J, Wasser M. The study of muscle remodeling in Drosophila metamorphosis using in vivo microscopy and bioimage informatics. BMC Bioinformatics. 2012;13 Suppl 17:S14 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate how the temporal alignment can reveal novel insights into the east gene which is involved in muscle remodeling...
- Rabinow L, Nguyen Huynh A, Birchler J. A trans-acting regulatory gene that inversely affects the expression of the white, brown and scarlet loci in Drosophila. Genetics. 1991;129:463-80 pubmed..These experiments demonstrate that a single regulatory gene can exert an inverse effect on a target structural locus, a situation postulated from segmental aneuploid studies of gene expression and dosage compensation. ..
- Bajpe P, van der Knaap J, Demmers J, Bezstarosti K, Bassett A, van Beusekom H, et al. Deubiquitylating enzyme UBP64 controls cell fate through stabilization of the transcriptional repressor tramtrack. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:1606-15 pubmed..We conclude that the balance of TTK ubiquitylation by SINA and deubiquitylation by UBP64 constitutes a specific posttranslational switch controlling cell fate. ..
- Johansen J, Johansen K. The spindle matrix through the cell cycle in Drosophila. Fly (Austin). 2009;3:213-20 pubmed