Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: eag
Description: ether a go-go
Alias: CG10952, CIKE, Dmel\CG10952, EAG, Eag, ether a go-go, CG10952-PA, CG10952-PB, CG10952-PC, CG10952-PD, CG10952-PE, CG10952-PF, CG10952-PG, eag-PA, eag-PB, eag-PC, eag-PD, eag-PE, eag-PF, eag-PG, ether-a go-go, ether-a-go-go, ether-a-gogo
Species: fruit fly
- Yager J, Richards S, Hekmat Scafe D, Hurd D, Sundaresan V, Caprette D, et al. Control of Drosophila perineurial glial growth by interacting neurotransmitter-mediated signaling pathways. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:10445-50 pubmed..glia is controlled by interactions among five genes: ine, which encodes a putative neurotransmitter transporter; eag, which encodes a potassium channel; push, which encodes a large, Zn(2+)-finger-containing protein; amn, which ..
- Schopperle W, Holmqvist M, Zhou Y, Wang J, Wang Z, Griffith L, et al. Slob, a novel protein that interacts with the Slowpoke calcium-dependent potassium channel. Neuron. 1998;20:565-73 pubmed..Slob also coimmunoprecipitates with the Drosophila EAG potassium channel but not with Drosophila Shaker, mouse Slowpoke, or rat Kv1.3...
- Ataman B, Ashley J, Gorczyca M, Ramachandran P, Fouquet W, Sigrist S, et al. Rapid activity-dependent modifications in synaptic structure and function require bidirectional Wnt signaling. Neuron. 2008;57:705-18 pubmed publisher..We propose that activation of the postsynaptic Wg pathway is required for the assembly of the postsynaptic apparatus, while activation of the presynaptic Wg pathway regulates cytoskeletal dynamics. ..
- Duch C, Vonhoff F, Ryglewski S. Dendrite elongation and dendritic branching are affected separately by different forms of intrinsic motoneuron excitability. J Neurophysiol. 2008;100:2525-36 pubmed publisher..Therefore dendritic branching and branch elongation are controlled by separate mechanisms that can be addressed selectively in vivo by different manipulations of neuronal intrinsic excitability. ..
- Warmke J, Drysdale R, Ganetzky B. A distinct potassium channel polypeptide encoded by the Drosophila eag locus. Science. 1991;252:1560-2 pubmed..Sequence analysis of complementary DNA from the ether à go-go (eag) locus revealed that it encodes a structural component of potassium channels that is related to but is distinct ..
- Warmke J, Ganetzky B. A family of potassium channel genes related to eag in Drosophila and mammals. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:3438-42 pubmedWe have identified a conserved family of genes related to Drosophila eag, which encodes a distinct type of voltage-activated K+ channel...
- Guy H, Durell S, Warmke J, Drysdale R, Ganetzky B. Similarities in amino acid sequences of Drosophila eag and cyclic nucleotide-gated channels. Science. 1991;254:730 pubmed
- Broughton S, Kitamoto T, Greenspan R. Excitatory and inhibitory switches for courtship in the brain of Drosophila melanogaster. Curr Biol. 2004;14:538-47 pubmed..shibire(ts1), whereas enhanced neuronal excitability was produced by means of a novel, dominantly acting, truncated eag potassium channel...
- Mosca T, Carrillo R, White B, Keshishian H. Dissection of synaptic excitability phenotypes by using a dominant-negative Shaker K+ channel subunit. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:3477-82 pubmed..This finding indicates that elevated postsynaptic membrane excitability is by itself insufficient to enhance presynaptic arbor growth. Such changes must minimally involve increased neuronal excitability. ..
- Hartwig C, Worrell J, Levine R, Ramaswami M, Sanyal S. Normal dendrite growth in Drosophila motor neurons requires the AP-1 transcription factor. Dev Neurobiol. 2008;68:1225-42 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results show that AP-1 mediated transcription is important for dendrite growth, and that neural activity influences global dendritic growth through a gene-expression dependent mechanism gated by AP-1. ..
- Wang J, Humphreys J, Phillips J, Hilliker A, Wu C. A novel leg-shaking Drosophila mutant defective in a voltage-gated K(+)current and hypersensitive to reactive oxygen species. J Neurosci. 2000;20:5958-64 pubmed..Mutants of the Shaker (Sh), Hyperkinetic (Hk), and ether a go-go (eag) genes, which encode different K(+) channel subunits that regulate the A-type K(+) current (I(A)) in different ways,..
- Kaplan W, Trout W. The behavior of four neurological mutants of Drosophila. Genetics. 1969;61:399-409 pubmed
- Wolfgang W, Clay C, Parker J, Delgado R, Labarca P, Kidokoro Y, et al. Signaling through Gs alpha is required for the growth and function of neuromuscular synapses in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2004;268:295-311 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that Gs alpha-dependent signaling plays a role in the dynamic cellular reorganization that underlies synaptic growth. ..
- Srinivasan S, Lance K, Levine R. Contribution of EAG to excitability and potassium currents in Drosophila larval motoneurons. J Neurophysiol. 2012;107:2660-71 pubmed publisher..Ether-à-go-go (EAG), a voltage-gated K(+) channel, was first characterized in Drosophila mutants by spontaneous firing in nerve ..
- Palka J. Neuronal specificity and its development in the Drosophila wing disc and its derivatives. J Neurobiol. 1993;24:788-802 pubmed..The highly individual characteristics of certain of the sensory organs is emphasized, both in the context of their adult roles and as a challenge for future studies in developmental genetics. ..
- Zhong Y, Wu C. Modulation of different K+ currents in Drosophila: a hypothetical role for the Eag subunit in multimeric K+ channels. J Neurosci. 1993;13:4669-79 pubmedWe examined the role of the ether a go-go (eag) gene in modulation of K+ currents and the possibility of its protein product Eag as a subunit in the heteromultimeric assembly of K+ channels by voltage-clamp analysis of larval muscle ..
- Stocker J, Huang H, Wang H, Chang H, Chiu C, Cho C, et al. Reduction of RNA A-to-I editing in Drosophila acclimated to heat shock. Kaohsiung J Med Sci. 2013;29:478-83 pubmed publisher..However, how RNA editing confers heat resistance is more complicated and requires further investigation. ..
- Homyk T, Szidonya J, Suzuki D. Behavioral mutants of Drosophila melanogaster. III. Isolation and mapping of mutations by direct visual observations of behavioral phenotypes. Mol Gen Genet. 1980;177:553-65 pubmed
- Torroja L, Packard M, Gorczyca M, White K, Budnik V. The Drosophila beta-amyloid precursor protein homolog promotes synapse differentiation at the neuromuscular junction. J Neurosci. 1999;19:7793-803 pubmed..We propose a model by which APPL, in conjunction with activity-dependent mechanisms, regulates synaptic structure and number. ..
- Fergestad T, Ganetzky B, Palladino M. Neuropathology in Drosophila membrane excitability mutants. Genetics. 2006;172:1031-42 pubmed..Disruption of these signaling mechanisms in any of a variety of ways increases the incidence of neurodegeneration. ..
- Ping Y, Waro G, Licursi A, Smith S, Vo Ba D, Tsunoda S. Shal/K(v)4 channels are required for maintaining excitability during repetitive firing and normal locomotion in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16043 pubmed publisher..This study shows that Shal/K(v)4 channels play a key role in repetitively firing neurons during prolonged input/output, and suggests that their function and regulation are important for rhythmic behaviors. ..
- Hebbar S, Fernandes J. A role for Fas II in the stabilization of motor neuron branches during pruning in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2005;285:185-99 pubmed..However, since not all Fas II positive branches are retained, we propose that it primes branches for stabilization. Our data suggest that Fas II functions to restrict branch length and arbor expanse. ..
- Morley K, Montgomery G. The genetics of cognitive processes: candidate genes in humans and animals. Behav Genet. 2001;31:511-31 pubmed..This survey confirms that many genes are associated with cognitive variation and highlights the potential importance of animal models in the study of human cognition. ..
- Wang Z, Wilson G, Griffith L. Calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II phosphorylates and regulates the Drosophila eag potassium channel. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:24022-9 pubmed..Calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II (CaMKII) has been postulated to regulate the ether à go-go (eag) potassium channel in Drosophila...
- Burg M, Hanna L, Kim Y, Wu C. Development and maintenance of a simple reflex circuit in small-patch mosaics of Drosophila: effects of altered neuronal function and developmental arrest. J Neurobiol. 1993;24:803-23 pubmed..sensory neurons, in which action potentials are unconditionally blocked by defects in sodium currents, and eag Sh double-mutant sensory cells, in which membrane excitability is increased by alterations in potassium currents, ..
- Wolpert L. Bet on positional information. Nature. 1995;373:112 pubmed
- Dubin A, Liles M, Harris G. The K+ channel gene ether a go-go is required for the transduction of a subset of odorants in adult Drosophila melanogaster. J Neurosci. 1998;18:5603-13 pubmed..investigated the role of the putative cyclic nucleotide-modulated K+ channel subunit encoded by the ether a go-go (eag) gene in odorant responsiveness in Drosophila melanogaster...
- Jia X, Gorczyca M, Budnik V. Ultrastructure of neuromuscular junctions in Drosophila: comparison of wild type and mutants with increased excitability. J Neurobiol. 1993;24:1025-44 pubmed..We find that in the hyperexcitable mutant eag Sh, there are dramatic ultrastructural alterations at synaptic boutons...
- Silverman W, Roux B, Papazian D. Structural basis of two-stage voltage-dependent activation in K+ channels. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:2935-40 pubmed..two major voltage-dependent conformational changes during activation of divergent K(+) channels, ether-à-go-go (eag) and Shaker...
- Lear B, Merrill C, Lin J, Schroeder A, Zhang L, Allada R. A G protein-coupled receptor, groom-of-PDF, is required for PDF neuron action in circadian behavior. Neuron. 2005;48:221-7 pubmed..gop is expressed most strongly in the dorsal brain in regions that lie in proximity to PDF-containing nerve terminals. Taken together, these studies implicate GOP as a PDF receptor in Drosophila. ..
- Jepson J, Savva Y, Yokose C, Sugden A, Sahin A, Reenan R. Engineered alterations in RNA editing modulate complex behavior in Drosophila: regulatory diversity of adenosine deaminase acting on RNA (ADAR) targets. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:8325-37 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that network-wide temporal and spatial regulation of ADAR activity can tune the complex system of RNA-editing sites and modulate multiple ethologically relevant behavioral modalities. ..
- Lorbeck M, Singh N, Zervos A, Dhatta M, Lapchenko M, Yang C, et al. The histone demethylase Dmel\Kdm4A controls genes required for life span and male-specific sex determination in Drosophila. Gene. 2010;450:8-17 pubmed publisher..Our results have implications for the role of the epigenetic regulator Dmel\Kdm4A in the control of genes involved in life span and male-specific sex determination in the fly. ..
- Pradeep K, Cheriyan J, Suma Priya S, Rajeevkumar R, Mayadevi M, Praseeda M, et al. Regulation of Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II catalysis by N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit 2B. Biochem J. 2009;419:123-32, 4 p following 132 pubmed publisher..The CaMKII-binding motif of the Drosophila voltage-gated potassium channel Eag interacted with the T-site of CaMKII with lower affinity and caused catalytic modulation to a lesser extent...
- Mozer B, Sandstrom D. Drosophila neuroligin 1 regulates synaptic growth and function in response to activity and phosphoinositide-3-kinase. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2012;51:89-100 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that activity and PI3K signaling pathways modulate growth and synaptic transmission through dnlg1-dependent mechanisms. ..
- Roeper J, Pongs O. Presynaptic potassium channels. Curr Opin Neurobiol. 1996;6:338-41 pubmed
- Wu C, Chen M. Co-assembly of potassium channel subunits in Drosophila: the combinatorial hypothesis revisited. Chin J Physiol. 1995;38:131-8 pubmed..Various lines of evidence from in situ experiments in Drosophila and heterologous channel expression in Xenopus oocytes will be reviewed. ..
- Leiserson W, Forbush B, Keshishian H. Drosophila glia use a conserved cotransporter mechanism to regulate extracellular volume. Glia. 2011;59:320-32 pubmed publisher..This mechanism may perform a similar role in humans, given that NKCC1 is expressed at the blood-brain barrier. ..
- Chiang A, Priya R, Ramaswami M, Vijayraghavan K, Rodrigues V. Neuronal activity and Wnt signaling act through Gsk3-beta to regulate axonal integrity in mature Drosophila olfactory sensory neurons. Development. 2009;136:1273-82 pubmed publisher..Together, we provide evidence that Gsk-3beta is a key sensor involved in neural circuit integrity, maintaining axon stability through neural activity and the Wnt pathway. ..
- Ghezzi A, Al Hasan Y, Larios L, Bohm R, Atkinson N. slo K(+) channel gene regulation mediates rapid drug tolerance. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:17276-81 pubmed..It is the sedative phase that stimulates slo gene expression and induces tolerance. We demonstrate that the expression level of slo is a predictor of drug sensitivity...
- Sun X, Hodge J, Zhou Y, Nguyen M, Griffith L. The eag potassium channel binds and locally activates calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:10206-14 pubmed..In Drosophila, CaMKII regulates the eag potassium channel, but if and how this regulation was spatially restricted was unknown...
- Tang C, Schulteis C, Jimenez R, Papazian D. Shaker and ether-à-go-go K+ channel subunits fail to coassemble in Xenopus oocytes. Biophys J. 1998;75:1263-70 pubmed..However, coassembly between Shaker and ether-à-go-go (eag) subunits, members of two distinct K+ channel subfamilies, was suggested by genetic and functional studies (Zhong ..
- Wang J, Soll D, Wu C. Morphometric description of the wandering behavior in Drosophila larvae: a phenotypic analysis of K+ channel mutants. J Neurogenet. 2002;16:45-63 pubmed..Mutations of the Shaker (Sh), Hyperkinetic (Hk), ether a go-go (eag) and quiver (qvr) genes have been found to affect the IAK+ channel in different ways...
- Brunner A, O Kane C. The fascination of the Drosophila NMJ. Trends Genet. 1997;13:85-7 pubmed
- Chen J, Seebohm G, Sanguinetti M. Position of aromatic residues in the S6 domain, not inactivation, dictates cisapride sensitivity of HERG and eag potassium channels. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:12461-6 pubmed..The structurally related, but noninactivating eag channel is insensitive to HERG blockers unless inactivation is induced by specific amino acid mutations [Ficker, E...
- Mosca T, Schwarz T. The nuclear import of Frizzled2-C by Importins-beta11 and alpha2 promotes postsynaptic development. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:935-43 pubmed publisher..Thus, Wnt-activated growth of the postsynaptic membrane is mediated by the synapse-to-nucleus translocation and active nuclear import of Fz2-C via a selective Importin-beta11/alpha2 pathway. ..
- Sun X, Bostrom S, Griffith L. Alternative splicing of the eag potassium channel gene in Drosophila generates a novel signal transduction scaffolding protein. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2009;40:338-43 pubmed publisherThe Drosophila eag gene has been shown to regulate neuronal excitability, olfaction, associative learning and larval locomotion...
- Glazov E, Pheasant M, McGraw E, Bejerano G, Mattick J. Ultraconserved elements in insect genomes: a highly conserved intronic sequence implicated in the control of homothorax mRNA splicing. Genome Res. 2005;15:800-8 pubmed
- Liu X, Wu Y, Zhou Y. Intracellular linkers are involved in Mg2+-dependent modulation of the Eag potassium channel. Channels (Austin). 2010;4:311-8 pubmed publisherModulation of activation kinetics by divalent ions is one of the characteristic features of Eag channels...
- Berke B, Wittnam J, McNeill E, Van Vactor D, Keshishian H. Retrograde BMP signaling at the synapse: a permissive signal for synapse maturation and activity-dependent plasticity. J Neurosci. 2013;33:17937-50 pubmed publisher..Although synaptic growth depended on Lar and the early, transient BMP signal, the maturation of neurotransmitter release was independent of Lar and required later, ongoing BMP signaling. ..
- Chen M, Hoshi T, Wu C. Heteromultimeric interactions among K+ channel subunits from Shaker and eag families in Xenopus oocytes. Neuron. 1996;17:535-42 pubmed..We present here direct demonstration in Xenopus oocytes that subunits from distinct eag and Shaker families functionally interact, most likely as heteromultimeric channels...
- Kuebler D, Zhang H, Ren X, Tanouye M. Genetic suppression of seizure susceptibility in Drosophila. J Neurophysiol. 2001;86:1211-25 pubmed..These results demonstrate the utility of Drosophila as a model system for studying seizure susceptibility and identify physiological processes that modify seizure susceptibility...
- Lee J, Wu C. Genetic modifications of seizure susceptibility and expression by altered excitability in Drosophila Na(+) and K(+) channel mutants. J Neurophysiol. 2006;96:2465-78 pubmed..Surprisingly, modifications in sustained K(+) currents in eag and Shab mutants increased thresholds for DD induction and GF pathway failure...
- Broadie K, Bate M. Activity-dependent development of the neuromuscular synapse during Drosophila embryogenesis. Neuron. 1993;11:607-19 pubmed..Thus, presynaptic electrical activity is required to mediate the neural induction of the transmitter receptor field in the postsynaptic membrane. ..
- Mehren J, Ejima A, Griffith L. Unconventional sex: fresh approaches to courtship learning. Curr Opin Neurobiol. 2004;14:745-50 pubmed..Advances in transgenic tools and developments in behavioral assays have increased the power of studying courtship learning in the fruit fly. ..
- Jan L, Jan Y. Receptor-regulated ion channels. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 1997;9:155-60 pubmed..There are also other novel examples of channel regulation in excitable and nonexcitable cells, including liver cells and blood cells. ..
- Zhong Y, Wu C. Neuronal activity and adenylyl cyclase in environment-dependent plasticity of axonal outgrowth in Drosophila. J Neurosci. 2004;24:1439-45 pubmed..Analysis of ion channel and cAMP pathway mutants indicates that this temperature-dependent plasticity is mediated via neuronal activity changes linked to mechanisms controlled by the rutabaga-encoded adenylyl cyclase. ..
- Robbins J, Aggarwal R, Nichols R, Gibson G. Genetic variation affecting heart rate in Drosophila melanogaster. Genet Res. 1999;74:121-8 pubmed
- Wu M, Joiner W, Dean T, Yue Z, Smith C, Chen D, et al. SLEEPLESS, a Ly-6/neurotoxin family member, regulates the levels, localization and activity of Shaker. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:69-75 pubmed publisher..SSS is predicted to belong to the Ly-6/neurotoxin superfamily, suggesting a mechanism for regulation of neuronal excitability by endogenous toxin-like molecules. ..
- Carrillo R, Olsen D, Yoon K, Keshishian H. Presynaptic activity and CaMKII modulate retrograde semaphorin signaling and synaptic refinement. Neuron. 2010;68:32-44 pubmed publisher..These results indicate a role for patterned electrical activity and presynaptic calcium signaling, acting through CaMKII, in modulating a retrograde signal during the refinement of synaptic connections. ..
- Koon A, Ashley J, Barria R, Dasgupta S, Brain R, Waddell S, et al. Autoregulatory and paracrine control of synaptic and behavioral plasticity by octopaminergic signaling. Nat Neurosci. 2011;14:190-9 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a mechanism for global regulation of excitatory synapses, presumably to maintain synaptic and behavioral plasticity in a dynamic range. ..
- Timmerman C, Suppiah S, Gurudatta B, Yang J, Banerjee C, Sandstrom D, et al. The Drosophila transcription factor Adf-1 (nalyot) regulates dendrite growth by controlling FasII and Staufen expression downstream of CaMKII and neural activity. J Neurosci. 2013;33:11916-31 pubmed publisher..Further, our experiments reveal molecular details underlying transcriptional regulation by Adf-1, and indicate active interaction between Adf-1 and epigenetic regulators of gene expression during activity-dependent neuronal plasticity. ..
- Joiner M, Asztalos Z, Jones C, Tully T, Wu C. Effects of mutant Drosophila K+ channel subunits on habituation of the olfactory jump response. J Neurogenet. 2007;21:45-58 pubmed
- Wu C, Ganetzky B. Neurogenetic studies of ion channels in Drosophila. Ion Channels. 1992;3:261-314 pubmed
- Chang Q, Balice Gordon R. Highwire, rpm-1, and futsch: balancing synaptic growth and stability. Neuron. 2000;26:287-90 pubmed
- Brembs B. Operant conditioning in invertebrates. Curr Opin Neurobiol. 2003;13:710-7 pubmed..These insights demonstrate the usefulness of a variety of invertebrate model systems to complement and stimulate research in vertebrates. ..
- de Bivort B, Guo H, Zhong Y. Notch signaling is required for activity-dependent synaptic plasticity at the Drosophila neuromuscular junction. J Neurogenet. 2009;23:395-404 pubmed publisher..Last, we show that endogenous Notch is primarily expressed in the presynaptic cell bodies where its expression level is positively correlated with motor neuron activity. ..
- Howlett E, Lin C, Lavery W, Stern M. A PI3-kinase-mediated negative feedback regulates neuronal excitability. PLoS Genet. 2008;4:e1000277 pubmed publisher..Our work suggests that some of the deficits in these neurological disorders might result from disruption of glutamate-mediated homeostasis of neuronal excitability. ..
- Chen M, Hoshi T, Wu C. Sh and eag K(+) channel subunit interaction in frog oocytes depends on level and time of expression. Biophys J. 2000;79:1358-68 pubmedSubcellular clustering of ion channels critically affects neuronal function. Coexpression of Eag and Sh channel subunits in Xenopus oocytes leads to accelerated decay of the Sh-like transient K(+) current (Chen, M.-L., T. Hoshi, and C.-F...
- Warbington L, Hillman T, Adams C, Stern M. Reduced transmitter release conferred by mutations in the slowpoke-encoded Ca2(+)-activated K+ channel gene of Drosophila. Invert Neurosci. 1996;2:51-60 pubmed
- Hevers W, Hardie R. Serotonin modulates the voltage dependence of delayed rectifier and Shaker potassium channels in Drosophila photoreceptors. Neuron. 1995;14:845-56 pubmed..Modulation was not affected by the subunit-specific Shaker mutations ShE62 and T(1;Y)W32 or a null mutation of the putative modulatory subunit eag. The modulation of both channels was mimicked by intracellularly applied GTP gamma S.
- Homyk T, Pye Q. Some mutations affecting neural or muscular tissues alter the physiological components of the electroretinogram in Drosophila. J Neurogenet. 1989;5:37-48 pubmed..Mutations bas, rex and sesD delay recovery from the prolonged depolarization afterpotential. The visual defects of mutations elavjl and nbAEE171 are not complemented by lethal mutations, which, presumably, affect other tissues. ..
- Ditzen M, Pellegrino M, Vosshall L. Insect odorant receptors are molecular targets of the insect repellent DEET. Science. 2008;319:1838-42 pubmed publisher..The identification of candidate molecular targets for the action of DEET may aid in the design of safer and more effective insect repellents. ..
- Rohrbough J, Broadie K. Electrophysiological analysis of synaptic transmission in central neurons of Drosophila larvae. J Neurophysiol. 2002;88:847-60 pubmed..These results complement and advance those of recent functional studies in Drosophila embryonic neurons and demonstrate the feasibility of in-depth synaptic transmission and plasticity studies in the Drosophila CNS...
- Frolov R, Bagati A, Casino B, Singh S. Potassium channels in Drosophila: historical breakthroughs, significance, and perspectives. J Neurogenet. 2012;26:275-90 pubmed..Drosophila has also helped in discovering other K(+) channels, such as Shab, Shaw, Shal, Eag, Sei, Elk, and also Slo, a Ca(2+) - and voltage-dependent K(+) channel...
- Wu C, Ganetzky B, Haugland F, Liu A. Potassium currents in Drosophila: different components affected by mutations of two genes. Science. 1983;220:1076-8 pubmedElectrophysiological analysis of the Drosophila behavioral mutants Eag and Sh and the double mutant Eag Sh indicates that the products of both genes take part in the control of potassium currents in the membranes of both nerve and muscle...
- Drysdale R, Warmke J, Kreber R, Ganetzky B. Molecular characterization of eag: a gene affecting potassium channels in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1991;127:497-505 pubmed..An example is ether à go-go (eag) in Drosophila melanogaster, which was identified originally as an X-linked mutation that displayed ether-induced ..
- Huang X, He Y, Dubuc A, Hashizume R, Zhang W, Reimand J, et al. EAG2 potassium channel with evolutionarily conserved function as a brain tumor target. Nat Neurosci. 2015;18:1236-46 pubmed publisher..Our findings illustrate the potential of targeting ion channels in cancer treatment. ..