Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: e(y)3
Description: enhancer of yellow 3
Alias: CG12238, Dmel\CG12238, SAYP, l(1)G0084, l(1)G0266, l(1)G0283, l(1)G0381, l(1)G0409, sayp, enhancer of yellow 3, CG12238-PA, CG12238-PB, CG12238-PC, CG12238-PD, CG12238-PE, SAYP, e(y)3-PA, e(y)3-PB, e(y)3-PC, e(y)3-PD, e(y)3-PE, lethal (1) G0084, supporter of activation of yellow protein
Species: fruit fly
- Melnikova L, Kulikov A, Georgiev P. Interactions between cut wing mutations and mutations in zeste, and the enhancer of yellow and Polycomb group genes of Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Gen Genet. 1996;252:230-6 pubmed..The results are discussed in terms of the role of long-distance interactions and DNA compaction in transcriptional control of the cut locus. ..
- Georgieva S, Gauze M. [Protein products of zeste, e(y)1 and e(y)3 genes can effect the insulation process]. Dokl Akad Nauk. 1998;358:260-2 pubmed
- Oh H, Bone J, Kuroda M. Multiple classes of MSL binding sites target dosage compensation to the X chromosome of Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2004;14:481-7 pubmed
- Georgiev P, Kiselev S, Simonova O, Gerasimova T. A novel transposition system in Drosophila melanogaster depending on the Stalker mobile genetic element. EMBO J. 1990;9:2037-44 pubmed..Many known and novel mutations have been obtained. Comparison of their genetic localization with Stalker distribution suggests that the majority of them have been induced by the Stalker insertion. ..
- Vorobyeva N, Nikolenko J, Nabirochkina E, Krasnov A, Shidlovskii Y, Georgieva S. SAYP and Brahma are important for 'repressive' and 'transient' Pol II pausing. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:7319-31 pubmed publisherDrosophila SAYP, a homologue of human PHF10/BAF45a, is a metazoan coactivator associated with Brahma and essential for its recruitment on the promoter...
- Moshkin Y, Chalkley G, Kan T, Reddy B, Ozgur Z, van Ijcken W, et al. Remodelers organize cellular chromatin by counteracting intrinsic histone-DNA sequence preferences in a class-specific manner. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:675-88 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the cellular nucleosome landscape is the result of the balance between DNA sequence-driven nucleosome placement and active nucleosome repositioning by remodelers and the transcription machinery. ..
- Vorobyeva N, Soshnikova N, Nikolenko Y, Nabirochkina E, Georgieva S, Shidlovskii Y. A new evolutionarily conserved protein domain is capable of transcription activation. Dokl Biochem Biophys. 2008;423:349-51 pubmed
- Gause M, Georgieva S, Georgiev P. Phenotypic reversion of the gypsy-induced mutation scD1 of Drosophila melanogaster by replicative transposition of a sc enhancer to the yellow gene and by mutations in the enhancer of yellow and zeste loci. Mol Gen Genet. 1996;253:370-6 pubmed..In addition, we found that mutations in the e(y)1, e(y)3 and zeste genes may interfere with transcriptional insulation by the su(Hw)-binding region in the scD1 allele. ..
- Elagin V, Medvedeva N, Georgiev P. [Mutations affecting intrachromosomal recombination and conversion in the binary y(2ns)sc(me) system in Drosophila melanogaster]. Genetika. 1994;30:330-6 pubmed..Some of the mutations under study also modify the phenotypic manifestation of the y2nsscme allele. ..
- Vorob eva N, Soshnikova N, Nikolenko I, Kuz mina I, Nabirochkina E, Georgieva S, et al. [Novel conservative domain of SAYP coactivator mediates TFIID and Brahma transcriptional complexes interaction]. Mol Biol (Mosk). 2010;44:867-75 pubmed..complexes into the BTFly supercomplex has been shown to be an evolutionary conserved SAY domain of the SAYP. TFIID and Brahma coactivators participated in the reporter gene activation induced by the SAY domain in cellular ..
- Brechalov A, Gurskiĭ D, Georgieva S, Shidlovskiĭ I. [Functioning of macromolecular complexes at successive stages of gene expression as self-coordinated molecular machines]. Biofizika. 2011;56:831-9 pubmedThe results of systemic investigations devoted to the role of the proteins SAYP and ENY2 from Drosophila melanogaster in the regulation of different stages of gene expression are presented...
- Soldatov A, Nabirochkina E, Georgieva S, Belenkaja T, Georgiev P. TAFII40 protein is encoded by the e(y)1 gene: biological consequences of mutations. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:3769-78 pubmed..The su(Hw)-binding region, Drosophila insulator, stabilizes the expression of the white gene and makes it independent of the e(y)1(u1) mutation. ..
- Vorob eva N, Nikolenko I, Krasnov A, Kuz mina I, Panov V, Nabirochkina E, et al. [SAYP interacts with DHR3 nuclear receptor and participates in ecdysone-dependent transcription regulation]. Genetika. 2012;48:21-9 pubmedThe role of metazoan coactivator SAYP in nuclear receptor-driven gene activation in the ecdysone cascade of Drosophila is considered...
- Abramov Y, Shatskikh A, Maksimenko O, Bonaccorsi S, Gvozdev V, Lavrov S. The Differences Between Cis- and Trans-Gene Inactivation Caused by Heterochromatin in Drosophila. Genetics. 2016;202:93-106 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that trans-inactivation is followed by de novo HP1a accumulation in the affected transgene; trans-inactivation is specifically favored by the chromatin remodeler SAYP and prevented by Argonaute AGO2.
- Kuz mina I, Panov V, Vorob eva N, Soshnikova N, Kopantseva M, Nikolenko I, et al. [SAYP--a novel regulator of metazoan development]. Genetika. 2010;46:1033-40 pubmedb>SAYP is a dual-function transcriptional coactivator of RNA polymerase II. It is a metazoan-specific factor involved in different signaling pathways that control normal development...
- Belen kaia T, Georgiev P. [Role of the "enhancer of yellow" genes in the regulation of expression of the "yellow" gene in Drosophila melanogaster]. Genetika. 1999;35:432-7 pubmed..When introduced at +2490 from the transcription initiation site, the su(Hw) insulator becomes able to block interactions between the bristle enhancer and yellow promoter, not separating them from each other. ..