Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Drsl2
Description: Drosomycin-like 2
Alias: CG10813, CG32279, CT30310, Dmel\CG32279, Dro-D, Dro2, Drs-lD, dmy2, dro-2, dro2, Drosomycin-like 2, CG32279-PA, Drosomycin-like D, Drsl2-PA, drosomycin, drosomycin 2, drosomycin-2, drosomycin-D
Species: fruit fly
- Doroszuk A, Jonker M, Pul N, Breit T, Zwaan B. Transcriptome analysis of a long-lived natural Drosophila variant: a prominent role of stress- and reproduction-genes in lifespan extension. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:167 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that natural genetic variation for SR and lifespan can operate through similar transcriptional mechanisms as those of dietary restriction and life-extending mutations. ..
- Remolina S, Chang P, Leips J, Nuzhdin S, Hughes K. Genomic basis of aging and life-history evolution in Drosophila melanogaster. Evolution. 2012;66:3390-403 pubmed publisher..More generally, we argue that hitchhiking mapping can be a powerful tool for uncovering the molecular bases of quantitative genetic variation. ..
- Sackton T, Clark A. Comparative profiling of the transcriptional response to infection in two species of Drosophila by short-read cDNA sequencing. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:259 pubmed publisher..virilis hemolymph and validate our transcriptional data. These results suggest that the acquisition of novel components of the immune system, and particularly novel effector proteins, may be a common evolutionary phenomenon. ..
- Deng X, Yang W, Huang Y, Cao Y, Wen S, Xia Q, et al. Gene expression divergence and evolutionary analysis of the drosomycin gene family in Drosophila melanogaster. J Biomed Biotechnol. 2009;2009:315423 pubmed publisherb>Drosomycin (Drs) encoding an inducible 44-residue antifungal peptide is clustered with six additional genes, Dro1, Dro2, Dro3, Dro4, Dro5, and Dro6, forming a multigene family on the 3L chromosome arm in Drosophila melanogaster...
- Yeh S, von Grotthuss M, Gandasetiawan K, Jayasekera S, Xia X, Chan C, et al. Functional divergence of the miRNA transcriptome at the onset of Drosophila metamorphosis. Mol Biol Evol. 2014;31:2557-72 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results show contrasting patterns of functional divergence associated with miRNA expression levels during Drosophila ontogeny. ..