Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DopEcR
Description: Dopamine/Ecdysteroid receptor
Alias: CG18314, DmDopEcR, Dmel\CG18314, anon-WO0170980.139, anon-WO0170980.140, dop, Dopamine/Ecdysteroid receptor, CG18314-PA, CG18314-PB, CG18314-PC, DopEcR-PA, DopEcR-PB, DopEcR-PC, dopamine/ecdysteroid receptor
Species: fruit fly
- Crickmore M, Vosshall L. Opposing dopaminergic and GABAergic neurons control the duration and persistence of copulation in Drosophila. Cell. 2013;155:881-93 pubmed publisher..Thus, copulation duration in Drosophila is a product of gradually declining persistence controlled by opposing neuronal populations using conserved neurotransmission systems. ..
- Aranda G, Hinojos S, Sabandal P, Evans P, Han K. Behavioral Sensitization to the Disinhibition Effect of Ethanol Requires the Dopamine/Ecdysone Receptor in Drosophila. Front Syst Neurosci. 2017;11:56 pubmed publisher..Here we report that DopEcR, an insect G-protein coupled receptor that binds to dopamine and steroid hormone ecdysone, is a major receptor ..
- Yapici N, Zimmer M, Domingos A. Cellular and molecular basis of decision-making. EMBO Rep. 2014;15:1023-35 pubmed publisher..These studies interrogate decision-making about food, sexual behaviour, aggression or foraging strategies, and add molecular and cell biology understanding onto the consilience of brain and decision. ..
- Evans P, Bayliss A, Reale V. GPCR-mediated rapid, non-genomic actions of steroids: comparisons between DmDopEcR and GPER1 (GPR30). Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2014;195:157-63 pubmed publisher..Here, we will focus on the non-genomic actions of ecdysteroids on a Drosophila GPCR, DopEcR (CG18314), which can be activated by both ecdysone and the catecholamine, dopamine...
- Ishimoto H, Wang Z, Rao Y, Wu C, Kitamoto T. A novel role for ecdysone in Drosophila conditioned behavior: linking GPCR-mediated non-canonical steroid action to cAMP signaling in the adult brain. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003843 pubmed publisher..Here we report that DopEcR, a G-protein coupled receptor for ecdysteroids, is involved in activity- and experience-dependent plasticity of ..
- Titlow J, Rufer J, King K, Cooper R. Pharmacological analysis of dopamine modulation in the Drosophila melanogaster larval heart. Physiol Rep. 2013;1:e00020 pubmed publisher..Having these disparate signaling cascades converge toward a common modulatory function appears redundant, but in the context of multiple cardioactive chemicals this redundancy is likely to increase the fidelity of signal transduction. ..
- Rieder L, Savva Y, Reyna M, Chang Y, Dorsky J, Rezaei A, et al. Dynamic response of RNA editing to temperature in Drosophila. BMC Biol. 2015;13:1 pubmed publisher..Environmental cues, in this case temperature, rapidly reprogram the Drosophila transcriptome through RNA editing, presumably resulting in altered proteomic ratios of edited and unedited proteins. ..
- Drysdale R. The Drosophila melanogaster genome sequencing and annotation projects: a status report. Brief Funct Genomic Proteomic. 2003;2:128-34 pubmed..This review discusses the main features of this process, both from the point of view of the biology revealed in the end result and in the development of software that has been central to this genome sequencing and annotation project. ..
- Pool A, Scott K. Feeding regulation in Drosophila. Curr Opin Neurobiol. 2014;29:57-63 pubmed publisher..These neuromodulators in turn promote or inhibit discrete feeding behavioral subprograms. This review highlights the links between physiological needs, neuromodulatory states, and feeding decisions. ..
- Liu Q, Liu S, Kodama L, Driscoll M, Wu M. Two dopaminergic neurons signal to the dorsal fan-shaped body to promote wakefulness in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2012;22:2114-23 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these findings suggest that inhibition of sleep centers via monoaminergic signaling is an evolutionarily conserved mechanism to promote arousal. ..
- Lark A, Kitamoto T, Martin J. Modulation of neuronal activity in the Drosophila mushroom body by DopEcR, a unique dual receptor for ecdysone and dopamine. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Res. 2017;1864:1578-1588 pubmed publisher..However, the effects of these GPCRs on overall neuronal activity remain largely elusive. Drosophila DopEcR is a GPCR that responds to both ecdysone (the major steroid hormone in insects) and dopamine, regulating multiple ..