Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Doc2
Alias: CG5187, Dm-DOC2, Dmel\CG5187, Doc, doc2, Dorsocross2, CG5187-PA, Doc2-PA, dorsocross
Species: fruit fly
- Osoegawa K, Vessere G, Li Shu C, Hoskins R, Abad J, de Pablos B, et al. BAC clones generated from sheared DNA. Genomics. 2007;89:291-9 pubmed..The utility of "sheared" libraries was demonstrated by closure of a previous clone gap and by isolation of clones from telomeric regions, which were notably absent from previous Drosophila BAC libraries. ..
- Jacobsen T, Cain D, Paul L, Justiniano S, Alli A, Mullins J, et al. Functional analysis of genes differentially expressed in the Drosophila wing disc: role of transcripts enriched in the wing region. Genetics. 2006;174:1973-82 pubmed..However, there are both technical and biological limitations to this approach, including the efficacy of RNAi and the role that gene redundancy may play in masking phenotypes. ..
- Hatton Ellis E, Ainsworth C, Sushama Y, Wan S, Vijayraghavan K, Skaer H. Genetic regulation of patterned tubular branching in Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:169-74 pubmed..We show that patterning of the tubule primordium into two distinct pairs is critical for the eversion of tubule branches, as well as for their asymmetric morphogenesis. ..
- Prpic N, Janssen R, Wigand B, Klingler M, Damen W. Gene expression in spider appendages reveals reversal of exd/hth spatial specificity, altered leg gap gene dynamics, and suggests divergent distal morphogen signaling. Dev Biol. 2003;264:119-40 pubmed..Thus, the leg developmental system exhibits a propensity to evolutionary change, which probably forms the basis for the impressive diversity of arthropod leg morphologies. ..
- Lennox A, Stronach B. POSH misexpression induces caspase-dependent cell death in Drosophila. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:651-64 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that POSH may use different signaling complexes to promote cell death in distinct contexts. ..
- Gavin Smyth J, Wang Y, Butler I, Ferguson E. A genetic network conferring canalization to a bistable patterning system in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2013;23:2296-2302 pubmed publisher..These data both detail a new mechanism that generates developmental canalization and identify an example of a species with noncanalized axial patterning. ..
- Rebeiz M, Jikomes N, Kassner V, Carroll S. Evolutionary origin of a novel gene expression pattern through co-option of the latent activities of existing regulatory sequences. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:10036-43 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the novel optic lobe enhancer evolved by exploiting the cryptic activity of extant regulatory sequences, and this may reflect a general mechanism whereby new enhancers evolve. ..
- Wang J, Tao Y, Reim I, Gajewski K, Frasch M, Schulz R. Expression, regulation, and requirement of the toll transmembrane protein during dorsal vessel formation in Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:4200-10 pubmed..The Toll dorsal vessel enhancer has been characterized, with its activity controlled by Dorsocross and Tinman transcription factors...
- Ismat A, Schaub C, Reim I, Kirchner K, Schultheis D, Frasch M. HLH54F is required for the specification and migration of longitudinal gut muscle founders from the caudal mesoderm of Drosophila. Development. 2010;137:3107-17 pubmed publisher..as a direct activator of gene expression is exemplified by our analysis of a CVM-specific enhancer from the Dorsocross locus, which requires combined inputs from HLH54F and Biniou in a feed-forward fashion...
- Amodio V, Tevy M, Traina C, Ghosh T, Capovilla M. Transactivation in Drosophila of human enhancers by human transcription factors involved in congenital heart diseases. Dev Dyn. 2012;241:190-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, this novel system could be used to determine in vivo the genetic nature of the human mutant forms of these TFs, setting up a powerful tool to unravel the molecular genetic mechanisms that lead to CHDs. ..
- Gutierrez L, Oktaba K, Scheuermann J, Gambetta M, Ly Hartig N, Muller J. The role of the histone H2A ubiquitinase Sce in Polycomb repression. Development. 2012;139:117-27 pubmed publisher..Sce synergizes with the Polycomb repressive deubiquitinase (PR-DUB) complex to repress transcription at class I genes, suggesting that H2A monoubiquitylation must be appropriately balanced for their transcriptional repression. ..
- Davidson E, Erwin D. Gene regulatory networks and the evolution of animal body plans. Science. 2006;311:796-800 pubmed..Conservation of phyletic body plans may have been due to the retention since pre-Cambrian time of GRN kernels, which underlie development of major body parts. ..
- Hamaguchi T, Yabe S, Uchiyama H, Murakami R. Drosophila Tbx6-related gene, Dorsocross, mediates high levels of Dpp and Scw signal required for the development of amnioserosa and wing disc primordium. Dev Biol. 2004;265:355-68 pubmed..b>Doc genes are expressed in the dorsal region in the early blastoderm...
- Tolhuis B, Blom M, Kerkhoven R, Pagie L, Teunissen H, Nieuwland M, et al. Interactions among Polycomb domains are guided by chromosome architecture. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1001343 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that many interactions among PcG target genes exist and that these interactions are guided by overall chromosome architecture. ..
- Weiss A, Charbonnier E, Ellertsdottir E, Tsirigos A, Wolf C, Schuh R, et al. A conserved activation element in BMP signaling during Drosophila development. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2010;17:69-76 pubmed publisher..The AE allows the identification of hitherto unknown direct Dpp targets and is functionally conserved in vertebrates. ..
- Hamaguchi T, Takashima S, Okamoto A, Imaoka M, Okumura T, Murakami R. Dorsoventral patterning of the Drosophila hindgut is determined by interaction of genes under the control of two independent gene regulatory systems, the dorsal and terminal systems. Mech Dev. 2012;129:236-43 pubmed publisher..It was found that Dorsocross (Doc), which is a targe gene of Dpp, is responsible for restricting brk expression to the ventral domain of the ..
- Stennard F, Harvey R. T-box transcription factors and their roles in regulatory hierarchies in the developing heart. Development. 2005;132:4897-910 pubmed