Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DNApol-alpha73
Description: DNA polymerase alpha 73kD
Alias: CG5923, DNA pol-73, DNA polalpha, DNA polymerase alpha 73 kD, DNApol-alpha, DNApol-alpha72, DNApolalpha, Dmel\CG5923, Dmpol alpha, POLA, Pol, Polalpha, Polalpha 73kDa, pol alpha, polalpha, DNA polymerase alpha 73kD, B subunit, CG5923-PC, DNA polymerase 73K, DNA polymerase alpha, DNA polymerase alpha primase 73 kda subunit, DNA-polymerase alpha, DNApol-alpha73-PC
Species: fruit fly
- Kuroda K, Ueda R. A 130 kDa polypeptide immunologically related to the 180 kDa catalytic subunit of DNA polymerase alpha-primase complex is detected in early embryos of Drosophila. J Biochem. 1995;117:809-18 pubmedAn immunocytochemical method using specific antibodies was employed to detect DNA polymerase alpha-primase complex in Drosophila melanogaster embryos during the first 13 nuclear division cycles...
- Mitsis P, Kowalczykowski S, Lehman I. A single-stranded DNA binding protein from Drosophila melanogaster: characterization of the heterotrimeric protein and its interaction with single-stranded DNA. Biochemistry. 1993;32:5257-66 pubmed..D-SSB stimulates the extent and processivity of DNA synthesis of its cognate DNA polymerase alpha. On the basis of these properties, we conclude that D-SSB is the Drosophila cognate of the human and yeast ..
- Suyari O, Kawai M, Ida H, Yoshida H, Sakaguchi K, Yamaguchi M. Differential requirement for the N-terminal catalytic domain of the DNA polymerase ? p255 subunit in the mitotic cell cycle and the endocycle. Gene. 2012;495:104-14 pubmed publisher..dpol?p255 carries well-conserved six DNA polymerase subdomains and five 3'?5' exonuclease motifs as observed with Pol? in other species...
- Takahashi Y, Yamaguchi M, Hirose F, Cotterill S, Kobayashi J, Miyajima S, et al. DNA replication-related elements cooperate to enhance promoter activity of the drosophila DNA polymerase alpha 73-kDa subunit gene. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:14541-7 pubmedAn analysis was carried out on the promoter region of the Drosophila DNA polymerase alpha 73-kDa subunit gene and the factor(s) activating the promoter...
- Smith A, King J, Orr Weaver T. Identification of genomic regions required for DNA replication during Drosophila embryogenesis. Genetics. 1993;135:817-29 pubmed..Additionally, our analysis identified a gene, pimples, that is required for the proper completion of mitosis in the post-blastoderm divisions of the embryo. ..
- Mitsis P, Chiang C, Lehman I. Purification of DNA polymerase-primase (DNA polymerase alpha) and DNA polymerase delta from embryos of Drosophila melanogaster. Methods Enzymol. 1995;262:62-77 pubmed
- Yamaguchi M, Hirose F, Nishimoto Y, Naruge T, Ikeda M, Hachiya T, et al. Expression patterns of DNA replication enzymes and the regulatory factor DREF during Drosophila development analyzed with specific antibodies. Biol Cell. 1995;85:147-55 pubmed..Using these antibodies together with those for DNA polymerase alpha and proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA), we examined expression patterns and sub-cellular ..
- Kuroda K, Ueda R. Phosphorylation and dephosphorylation of the B subunit of DNA polymerase alpha-primase complex in the early embryogenesis of Drosophila. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;254:372-7 pubmedIn the early embryos of Drosophila, the B subunit of the DNA polymerase alpha-primase complex was found to migrate more slowly during the first 13 mitotic cycles than that from cycle 14 using SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis...
- Cai H, Bloom L, Eritja R, Goodman M. Kinetics of deoxyribonucleotide insertion and extension at abasic template lesions in different sequence contexts using HIV-1 reverse transcriptase. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:23567-72 pubmed..A striking result was that while primers were extended past an abasic lesion by HIV-1 RT in both direct and misalignment modes, avian myeloblastosis virus RT failed to catalyze significant extension by either mode...
- Kaguni L, Rossignol J, Conaway R, Lehman I. Isolation of an intact DNA polymerase-primase from embryos of Drosophila melanogaster. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1983;80:2221-5 pubmedA procedure has been devised for the purification of intact DNA polymerase alpha from early embryos of Drosophila melanogaster. The purified enzyme consists of at least three polypeptides with Mrs of 182,000, 60,000, and 50,000...
- Crevel G, Bates H, Huikeshoven H, Cotterill S. The Drosophila Dpit47 protein is a nuclear Hsp90 co-chaperone that interacts with DNA polymerase alpha. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:2015-25 pubmed..protein (DNA polymerase interacting tpr containing protein of 47 kDa) through its interaction with the DNA polymerase alpha. This protein is a predominantly nuclear protein, which forms a tight and stoichiometric interaction with ..
- Singer B, Dosanjh M. Site-directed mutagenesis for quantitation of base-base interactions at defined sites. Mutat Res. 1990;233:45-51 pubmed..All enzymes led to approximately the same frequency of transitions. It is postulated that the mutation frequency at a given site is primarily a function of the structure of the sequence around the target site. ..
- Loppin B, Berger F, Couble P. The Drosophila maternal gene sésame is required for sperm chromatin remodeling at fertilization. Chromosoma. 2001;110:430-40 pubmed..The abnormal chromatin organization of the male pronucleus does not prevent the formation of a male pronuclear envelope, which breaks down and reassembles in synchrony with maternally derived nuclei present in the same cytoplasm. ..
- Mizushina Y, Murakami C, Yogi K, Ueda K, Ishidoh T, Takemura M, et al. Kohamaic acid A, a novel sesterterpenic acid, inhibits activities of DNA polymerases from deuterostomes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1648:55-61 pubmed..In this paper, we report that this compound could selectively inhibit the activities of DNA polymerases (pol. alpha, beta, gamma, delta and epsilon ) only from species in the deuterostome branch in the animal kingdom, like ..
- Dosanjh M, Essigmann J, Goodman M, Singer B. Comparative efficiency of forming m4T.G versus m4T.A base pairs at a unique site by use of Escherichia coli DNA polymerase I (Klenow fragment) and Drosophila melanogaster polymerase alpha-primase complex. Biochemistry. 1990;29:4698-703 pubmed..coli DNA polymerase I (Klenow fragment, Kf) and Drosophila melanogaster polymerase alpha-primase complex (pol alpha) were used. On the basis of the Vmax/Km ratios, the pairing of m4T.G was preferred over that of both m4T.A and T...
- Takeuchi R, Oshige M, Uchida M, Ishikawa G, Takata K, Shimanouchi K, et al. Purification of Drosophila DNA polymerase zeta by REV1 protein-affinity chromatography. Biochem J. 2004;382:535-43 pubmed..Our aim was to determine and elucidate the biochemical properties of one such polymerase, pol zeta (DNA polymerase zeta) from Drosophila melanogaster (Dmpol zeta)...