Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DNApol-alpha50
Description: DNA polymerase alpha 50kD
Alias: CG7108, DNA polalpha, DNApol-alpha, DNApolalpha, DNApolalpha-50, DNApolalpha50, Dmel\CG7108, Dmpol alpha, Dpri50, POLA, PRI1, Pol, Polalpha, Polalpha 50kDa, anon-WO0140519.257, dnapol alpha 50, pol alpha, polalpha, polalpha50, DNA polymerase alpha 50kD, CG7108-PA, DNA polymerase 50K, DNA polymerase alpha, DNA polymerase alpha 46,000 gamma subunit, DNA polymerase alpha 50 kda primase subunit, DNA polymerase alpha 50,000 gamma subunit, DNA-polymerase alpha, DNApol-alpha50-PA, p50 subunit of DNA polymerase alpha
Species: fruit fly
- Kamakaka R, Kaufman P, Stillman B, Mitsis P, Kadonaga J. Simian virus 40 origin- and T-antigen-dependent DNA replication with Drosophila factors in vitro. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:5114-22 pubmed..Moreover, the observation that SV40 DNA replication can be performed with Drosophila factors provides a useful assay for the study of bidirectional DNA replication in Drosophila species in the context of a complete replication reaction. ..
- Mitsis P, Kowalczykowski S, Lehman I. A single-stranded DNA binding protein from Drosophila melanogaster: characterization of the heterotrimeric protein and its interaction with single-stranded DNA. Biochemistry. 1993;32:5257-66 pubmed..D-SSB stimulates the extent and processivity of DNA synthesis of its cognate DNA polymerase alpha. On the basis of these properties, we conclude that D-SSB is the Drosophila cognate of the human and yeast ..
- Bakkenist C, Cotterill S. The 50-kDa primase subunit of Drosophila melanogaster DNA polymerase alpha. Molecular characterization of the gene and functional analysis of the overexpressed protein. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:26759-66 pubmedThe gene encoding the 50-kDa subunit of Drosophila melanogaster DNA polymerase alpha has been cloned...
- Royzman I, Orr Weaver T. S phase and differential DNA replication during Drosophila oogenesis. Genes Cells. 1998;3:767-76 pubmed..Cyclin E and E2F are needed for this differential DNA replication during Drosophila oogenesis. ..
- Shen J, Creighton S, Jones P, Goodman M. A comparison of the fidelity of copying 5-methylcytosine and cytosine at a defined DNA template site. Nucleic Acids Res. 1992;20:5119-25 pubmed..mismatched base pairs at the mC position using three DNA polymerases, AMV reverse transcriptase, Drosophila DNA polymerase alpha, and mutant Escherichia coli Klenow fragment containing no proofreading exonuclease activity...
- Takeuchi R, Oshige M, Uchida M, Ishikawa G, Takata K, Shimanouchi K, et al. Purification of Drosophila DNA polymerase zeta by REV1 protein-affinity chromatography. Biochem J. 2004;382:535-43 pubmed..Our aim was to determine and elucidate the biochemical properties of one such polymerase, pol zeta (DNA polymerase zeta) from Drosophila melanogaster (Dmpol zeta)...
- Suyari O, Kawai M, Ida H, Yoshida H, Sakaguchi K, Yamaguchi M. Differential requirement for the N-terminal catalytic domain of the DNA polymerase ? p255 subunit in the mitotic cell cycle and the endocycle. Gene. 2012;495:104-14 pubmed publisher..dpol?p255 carries well-conserved six DNA polymerase subdomains and five 3'?5' exonuclease motifs as observed with Pol? in other species...
- Acharya P, Negre N, Johnston J, Wei Y, White K, Henry R, et al. Evidence for autoregulation and cell signaling pathway regulation from genome-wide binding of the Drosophila retinoblastoma protein. G3 (Bethesda). 2012;2:1459-72 pubmed publisher..Many of these targeted genes are bound by Rbf1 homologs in human cells, indicating that a conserved role of RB proteins may be to adjust the set point of interlinked signaling networks essential for growth and development. ..
- Wei Y, Mondal S, Mouawad R, WilczyÅ„ski B, Henry R, Arnosti D. Genome-Wide Analysis of Drosophila RBf2 Protein Highlights the Diversity of RB Family Targets and Possible Role in Regulation of Ribosome Biosynthesis. G3 (Bethesda). 2015;5:1503-15 pubmed publisher..The presence of unique RBf2 targets suggest that evolutionary appearance of this corepressor represents the acquisition of potentially novel roles in gene regulation for the RB family. ..
- Cai H, Bloom L, Eritja R, Goodman M. Kinetics of deoxyribonucleotide insertion and extension at abasic template lesions in different sequence contexts using HIV-1 reverse transcriptase. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:23567-72 pubmed..A striking result was that while primers were extended past an abasic lesion by HIV-1 RT in both direct and misalignment modes, avian myeloblastosis virus RT failed to catalyze significant extension by either mode...
- Crevel G, Bates H, Huikeshoven H, Cotterill S. The Drosophila Dpit47 protein is a nuclear Hsp90 co-chaperone that interacts with DNA polymerase alpha. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:2015-25 pubmed..protein (DNA polymerase interacting tpr containing protein of 47 kDa) through its interaction with the DNA polymerase alpha. This protein is a predominantly nuclear protein, which forms a tight and stoichiometric interaction with ..
- Kaguni L, Rossignol J, Conaway R, Lehman I. Isolation of an intact DNA polymerase-primase from embryos of Drosophila melanogaster. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1983;80:2221-5 pubmedA procedure has been devised for the purification of intact DNA polymerase alpha from early embryos of Drosophila melanogaster. The purified enzyme consists of at least three polypeptides with Mrs of 182,000, 60,000, and 50,000...