Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DNApol-alpha50
Description: DNA polymerase alpha 50kD
Alias: CG7108, DNA polalpha, DNApol-alpha, DNApolalpha, DNApolalpha-50, DNApolalpha50, Dmel\CG7108, Dmpol alpha, Dpri50, POLA, PRI1, Pol, Polalpha, Polalpha 50kDa, anon-WO0140519.257, dnapol alpha 50, pol alpha, polalpha, polalpha50, DNA polymerase alpha 50kD, CG7108-PA, DNA polymerase 50K, DNA polymerase alpha, DNA polymerase alpha 46,000 gamma subunit, DNA polymerase alpha 50 kda primase subunit, DNA polymerase alpha 50,000 gamma subunit, DNA-polymerase alpha, DNApol-alpha50-PA, p50 subunit of DNA polymerase alpha
Species: fruit fly
- Curbo S, Amiri M, Foroogh F, Johansson M, Karlsson A. The Drosophila melanogaster UMP-CMP kinase cDNA encodes an N-terminal mitochondrial import signal. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;311:440-5 pubmed..This is the first time a mitochondrial pyrimidine nucleoside monophosphate kinase has been cloned from any organism and we discuss the implication of this finding for deoxyribonucleoside salvage in both Drosophila and other organisms. ..
- Singer B, Dosanjh M. Site-directed mutagenesis for quantitation of base-base interactions at defined sites. Mutat Res. 1990;233:45-51 pubmed..All enzymes led to approximately the same frequency of transitions. It is postulated that the mutation frequency at a given site is primarily a function of the structure of the sequence around the target site. ..
- Mizushina Y, Murakami C, Yogi K, Ueda K, Ishidoh T, Takemura M, et al. Kohamaic acid A, a novel sesterterpenic acid, inhibits activities of DNA polymerases from deuterostomes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1648:55-61 pubmed..In this paper, we report that this compound could selectively inhibit the activities of DNA polymerases (pol. alpha, beta, gamma, delta and epsilon ) only from species in the deuterostome branch in the animal kingdom, like ..
- Leclerc V, Tassan J, O Farrell P, Nigg E, Leopold P. Drosophila Cdk8, a kinase partner of cyclin C that interacts with the large subunit of RNA polymerase II. Mol Biol Cell. 1996;7:505-13 pubmed..Based on these observations and sequence similarity to the kinase/cyclin pair Srb10/Srb11 in S. cerevisiae, we suggest that cyclin C and Cdk8 control RNA polymerase II function. ..
- Dosanjh M, Essigmann J, Goodman M, Singer B. Comparative efficiency of forming m4T.G versus m4T.A base pairs at a unique site by use of Escherichia coli DNA polymerase I (Klenow fragment) and Drosophila melanogaster polymerase alpha-primase complex. Biochemistry. 1990;29:4698-703 pubmed..coli DNA polymerase I (Klenow fragment, Kf) and Drosophila melanogaster polymerase alpha-primase complex (pol alpha) were used. On the basis of the Vmax/Km ratios, the pairing of m4T.G was preferred over that of both m4T.A and T...
- Frolov M, Stevaux O, Moon N, Dimova D, Kwon E, Morris E, et al. G1 cyclin-dependent kinases are insufficient to reverse dE2F2-mediated repression. Genes Dev. 2003;17:723-8 pubmed..The implication of these results is that cells containing dE2F2 require dE2F1 to either prevent, or reverse, dE2F-mediated repression. ..
- Mitsis P, Chiang C, Lehman I. Purification of DNA polymerase-primase (DNA polymerase alpha) and DNA polymerase delta from embryos of Drosophila melanogaster. Methods Enzymol. 1995;262:62-77 pubmed
- Marton R, Thommes P, Cotterill S. Purification and characterisation of dRP-A: a single-stranded DNA binding protein from Drosophila melanogaster. FEBS Lett. 1994;342:139-44 pubmed..We also demonstrate that dRP-A can stimulate the activity of its homologous DNA polymerase alpha in excess of 20 fold...
- Villani G, Sauer B, Lehman I. DNA polymerase alpha from Drosophila melanogaster embryos. Subunit structure. J Biol Chem. 1980;255:9479-83 pubmedThe homogeneous DNA polymerase alpha from early embryos of Drosophila melanogaster contains four polypeptides designated alpha, beta, gamma, and delta, with molecular weights of 148,000, 58,000, 46,000, and 43,000, respectively (Banks, G...
- Kamakaka R, Kaufman P, Stillman B, Mitsis P, Kadonaga J. Simian virus 40 origin- and T-antigen-dependent DNA replication with Drosophila factors in vitro. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:5114-22 pubmed..Moreover, the observation that SV40 DNA replication can be performed with Drosophila factors provides a useful assay for the study of bidirectional DNA replication in Drosophila species in the context of a complete replication reaction. ..
- Mitsis P, Kowalczykowski S, Lehman I. A single-stranded DNA binding protein from Drosophila melanogaster: characterization of the heterotrimeric protein and its interaction with single-stranded DNA. Biochemistry. 1993;32:5257-66 pubmed..D-SSB stimulates the extent and processivity of DNA synthesis of its cognate DNA polymerase alpha. On the basis of these properties, we conclude that D-SSB is the Drosophila cognate of the human and yeast ..
- Bakkenist C, Cotterill S. The 50-kDa primase subunit of Drosophila melanogaster DNA polymerase alpha. Molecular characterization of the gene and functional analysis of the overexpressed protein. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:26759-66 pubmedThe gene encoding the 50-kDa subunit of Drosophila melanogaster DNA polymerase alpha has been cloned...
- Royzman I, Orr Weaver T. S phase and differential DNA replication during Drosophila oogenesis. Genes Cells. 1998;3:767-76 pubmed..Cyclin E and E2F are needed for this differential DNA replication during Drosophila oogenesis. ..
- Shen J, Creighton S, Jones P, Goodman M. A comparison of the fidelity of copying 5-methylcytosine and cytosine at a defined DNA template site. Nucleic Acids Res. 1992;20:5119-25 pubmed..mismatched base pairs at the mC position using three DNA polymerases, AMV reverse transcriptase, Drosophila DNA polymerase alpha, and mutant Escherichia coli Klenow fragment containing no proofreading exonuclease activity...
- Takeuchi R, Oshige M, Uchida M, Ishikawa G, Takata K, Shimanouchi K, et al. Purification of Drosophila DNA polymerase zeta by REV1 protein-affinity chromatography. Biochem J. 2004;382:535-43 pubmed..Our aim was to determine and elucidate the biochemical properties of one such polymerase, pol zeta (DNA polymerase zeta) from Drosophila melanogaster (Dmpol zeta)...
- Suyari O, Kawai M, Ida H, Yoshida H, Sakaguchi K, Yamaguchi M. Differential requirement for the N-terminal catalytic domain of the DNA polymerase ? p255 subunit in the mitotic cell cycle and the endocycle. Gene. 2012;495:104-14 pubmed publisher..dpol?p255 carries well-conserved six DNA polymerase subdomains and five 3'?5' exonuclease motifs as observed with Pol? in other species...
- Acharya P, Negre N, Johnston J, Wei Y, White K, Henry R, et al. Evidence for autoregulation and cell signaling pathway regulation from genome-wide binding of the Drosophila retinoblastoma protein. G3 (Bethesda). 2012;2:1459-72 pubmed publisher..Many of these targeted genes are bound by Rbf1 homologs in human cells, indicating that a conserved role of RB proteins may be to adjust the set point of interlinked signaling networks essential for growth and development. ..
- Wei Y, Mondal S, Mouawad R, WilczyÅ„ski B, Henry R, Arnosti D. Genome-Wide Analysis of Drosophila RBf2 Protein Highlights the Diversity of RB Family Targets and Possible Role in Regulation of Ribosome Biosynthesis. G3 (Bethesda). 2015;5:1503-15 pubmed publisher..The presence of unique RBf2 targets suggest that evolutionary appearance of this corepressor represents the acquisition of potentially novel roles in gene regulation for the RB family. ..
- Cai H, Bloom L, Eritja R, Goodman M. Kinetics of deoxyribonucleotide insertion and extension at abasic template lesions in different sequence contexts using HIV-1 reverse transcriptase. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:23567-72 pubmed..A striking result was that while primers were extended past an abasic lesion by HIV-1 RT in both direct and misalignment modes, avian myeloblastosis virus RT failed to catalyze significant extension by either mode...
- Crevel G, Bates H, Huikeshoven H, Cotterill S. The Drosophila Dpit47 protein is a nuclear Hsp90 co-chaperone that interacts with DNA polymerase alpha. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:2015-25 pubmed..protein (DNA polymerase interacting tpr containing protein of 47 kDa) through its interaction with the DNA polymerase alpha. This protein is a predominantly nuclear protein, which forms a tight and stoichiometric interaction with ..
- Kaguni L, Rossignol J, Conaway R, Lehman I. Isolation of an intact DNA polymerase-primase from embryos of Drosophila melanogaster. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1983;80:2221-5 pubmedA procedure has been devised for the purification of intact DNA polymerase alpha from early embryos of Drosophila melanogaster. The purified enzyme consists of at least three polypeptides with Mrs of 182,000, 60,000, and 50,000...