Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DmATP7
Alias: CG1886, DmATP7, Dmel\CG1886, dmATP7, lincRNA.S9122, ATP7, ATP7-PB, ATP7-PC, CG1886-PB, CG1886-PC
Species: fruit fly
- Mercer S, La Fontaine S, Warr C, Burke R. Reduced glutathione biosynthesis in Drosophila melanogaster causes neuronal defects linked to copper deficiency. J Neurochem. 2016;137:360-70 pubmed publisher..by additional knockdown of the copper uptake transporter Ctr1A, or over-expression of the copper efflux transporter ATP7. Furthermore, when Gclc was knocked down in a subset of neuropeptide-producing cells, this resulted in adult ..
- Hwang J, de Bruyne M, Warr C, Burke R. Copper overload and deficiency both adversely affect the central nervous system of Drosophila. Metallomics. 2014;6:2223-9 pubmed publisher..melanogaster nervous system, using targeted manipulation of the copper uptake genes Ctr1A and Ctr1B and efflux gene ATP7 in combination with altered dietary copper levels...
- Lang M, Fan Q, Wang L, Zheng Y, Xiao G, Wang X, et al. Inhibition of human high-affinity copper importer Ctr1 orthologous in the nervous system of Drosophila ameliorates A?42-induced Alzheimer's disease-like symptoms. Neurobiol Aging. 2013;34:2604-12 pubmed publisher..Similar results were obtained from inhibiting another copper importer Ctr1B and overexpressing a copper exporter DmATP7 in the nervous system of AD flies...
- Southon A, Greenough M, Ganio G, Bush A, Burke R, Camakaris J. Presenilin promotes dietary copper uptake. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62811 pubmed publisher..These results are consistent with previous studies of mammalian presenilins, supporting a conserved role for these proteins in mediating copper uptake. ..
- Southon A, Palstra N, Veldhuis N, Gaeth A, Robin C, Burke R, et al. Conservation of copper-transporting P(IB)-type ATPase function. Biometals. 2010;23:681-94 pubmed publisher..We examined the localization and function of DmATP7, the single Drosophila melanogaster orthologue, in cultured D...
- Bahadorani S, Bahadorani P, Marcon E, Walker D, Hilliker A. A Drosophila model of Menkes disease reveals a role for DmATP7 in copper absorption and neurodevelopment. Dis Model Mech. 2010;3:84-91 pubmed publisher..we attempted to construct a Drosophila model of Menkes disease by RNA interference (RNAi)-induced silencing of DmATP7, the Drosophila orthologue of mammalian ATP7A, in the digestive tract...
- Doumanis J, Wada K, Kino Y, Moore A, Nukina N. RNAi screening in Drosophila cells identifies new modifiers of mutant huntingtin aggregation. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7275 pubmed publisher..Newly identified modifiers including genes related to nuclear transport, nucleotide processes, and signaling, may be involved in polyglutamine aggregate formation and Huntington disease cascades. ..
- Cui J, Sackton K, Horner V, Kumar K, Wolfner M. Wispy, the Drosophila homolog of GLD-2, is required during oogenesis and egg activation. Genetics. 2008;178:2017-29 pubmed publisher..Finally, we find that WISP function is also needed during oogenesis to regulate the poly(A) tail length of dmos during oocyte maturation and to maintain a high level of active (phospho-) mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs). ..
- Sellami A, Wegener C, Veenstra J. Functional significance of the copper transporter ATP7 in peptidergic neurons and endocrine cells in Drosophila melanogaster. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:3633-8 pubmed publisherThe Drosophila ATP7 copper transporter has sequence homology to the human copper transporters ATP7A and ATP7B, which are defective in Menkes and Wilson disease, respectively...
- Xiao G, Fan Q, Wang X, Zhou B. Huntington disease arises from a combinatory toxicity of polyglutamine and copper binding. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:14995-5000 pubmed publisher..The existence of these two parallel pathways converging into Htt toxicity also suggests that an ideal HD therapy would be a multipronged approach that takes both these actions into consideration. ..
- Wang J, Binks T, Warr C, Burke R. Vacuolar-type H(+)-ATPase subunits and the neurogenic protein big brain are required for optimal copper and zinc uptake. Metallomics. 2014;6:2100-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that metal ion transport is particularly sensitive to disturbances in cellular protein localization processes. ..
- Mercer S, Wang J, Burke R. In Vivo Modeling of the Pathogenic Effect of Copper Transporter Mutations That Cause Menkes and Wilson Diseases, Motor Neuropathy, and Susceptibility to Alzheimer's Disease. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:4113-4122 pubmed publisher..We have generated a single, in vivo model for studying multiple pathogenic mutations in ATP7 proteins using Drosophila melanogaster, which has a single orthologue of ATP7A and ATP7B...