Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dlc90F
Description: Dynein light chain 90F
Alias: CG12363, Dmel\CG12363, TcTex-1, Tctex, Tctex-1, Tctex1, bs35g12.y1, dlc90F, dtctex-1, l(3)04091, tctex, tctex-1, dynein light chain 90F, CG12363-PA, Dlc90F-PA, dynein light chain; tctex-1
Species: fruit fly
- Mische S, He Y, Ma L, Li M, Serr M, Hays T. Dynein light intermediate chain: an essential subunit that contributes to spindle checkpoint inactivation. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:4918-29 pubmed publisher..Our observations suggest the LIC contributes to a broad range of dynein functions. ..
- Benison G, Nyarko A, Barbar E. Heteronuclear NMR identifies a nascent helix in intrinsically disordered dynein intermediate chain: implications for folding and dimerization. J Mol Biol. 2006;362:1082-93 pubmedThe intermediate chain of dynein forms a tight subcomplex with dimeric light chains LC8 and Tctex-1, and together they constitute the cargo attachment complex...
- Sitaram P, Anderson M, Jodoin J, Lee E, Lee L. Regulation of dynein localization and centrosome positioning by Lis-1 and asunder during Drosophila spermatogenesis. Development. 2012;139:2945-54 pubmed publisher..phenotypes are due to loss of dynein regulation, as we observed similar phenotypes in flies null for Tctex-1, a dynein light chain...
- Batlevi Y, Martin D, Pandey U, Simon C, Powers C, Taylor J, et al. Dynein light chain 1 is required for autophagy, protein clearance, and cell death in Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:742-7 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that DDLC1 is required for protein clearance by autophagy that is associated with autophagic cell death and neurodegeneration. ..
- Nyarko A, Barbar E. Light chain-dependent self-association of dynein intermediate chain. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:1556-66 pubmed publisher..Such flexibility in association modes may function in maintaining a stable and versatile light chain-intermediate chain assembly under changing cellular conditions. ..
- Pfister K, Shah P, Hummerich H, Russ A, Cotton J, Annuar A, et al. Genetic analysis of the cytoplasmic dynein subunit families. PLoS Genet. 2006;2:e1 pubmed
- Song Y, Benison G, Nyarko A, Hays T, Barbar E. Potential role for phosphorylation in differential regulation of the assembly of dynein light chains. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:17272-9 pubmedThe homodimeric light chains LC8 and Tctex-1 are integral parts of the microtubule motor cytoplasmic dynein, as they directly associate with dynein intermediate chain IC and various cellular cargoes...
- Yang J, Bai J, Lee T. Dynein-dynactin complex is essential for dendritic restriction of TM1-containing Drosophila Dscam. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3504 pubmed publisher..The results of this study suggest multiple mechanisms of dendritic protein targeting. Notably, dynein-dynactin plays a role in excluding dendritic Dscam, but not Rdl, from axons by retrograde transport. ..
- Hall J, Karplus P, Barbar E. Multivalency in the assembly of intrinsically disordered Dynein intermediate chain. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:33115-21 pubmed publisher..complex of a 60-amino acid segment of dynein intermediate chain (IC) bound to two homodimeric dynein light chains Tctex1 and LC8, there is a 50-fold affinity enhancement for the second light chain binding...
- Hall J, Song Y, Karplus P, Barbar E. The crystal structure of dynein intermediate chain-light chain roadblock complex gives new insights into dynein assembly. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:22566-75 pubmed publisher..The IC x LC7 structure further shows that the naturally occurring robl(Z) deletion mutation contains the majority of the IC binding site and suggests that promotion of IC binding by phosphorylation of LC7 is an indirect effect. ..
- Kracklauer M, Wiora H, Deery W, Chen X, Bolival B, Romanowicz D, et al. The Drosophila SUN protein Spag4 cooperates with the coiled-coil protein Yuri Gagarin to maintain association of the basal body and spermatid nucleus. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:2763-72 pubmed publisher..The later defects in spermatogenesis seen for yuri and spag4 mutants are similar, suggesting they could be secondary to initial disruption of events at the nuclear surface. ..