Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dh44-R1
Description: Diuretic hormone 44 receptor 1
Alias: CG8422, DH-R, DH44-R1, DH[]-R1, Dh44R1, DmeCG8422, Dmel\CG8422, anon-WO0170980.100, anon-WO0170980.101, diuretic hormone 44 receptor 1, CG8422-PA, CRF-like diuretic hormone receptor 1, DH44 receptor, DH44-receptor, DH[] receptor, Dh44-R1-PA
Species: fruit fly
- Mohammad F, Aryal S, Ho J, Stewart J, Norman N, Tan T, et al. Ancient Anxiety Pathways Influence Drosophila Defense Behaviors. Curr Biol. 2016;26:981-6 pubmed publisher..The presence of conserved neurogenetic pathways in the insect brain identifies Drosophila as an attractive genetic model for the study of anxiety and anxiety-related disorders, complementing existing rodent systems. ..
- Bowser P, Tobe S. Bioinformatic analysis of neuropeptide and receptor expression profiles during midgut metamorphosis in Drosophila melanogaster. Peptides. 2006;27:583-9 pubmed
- Johnson E, Tift F, McCauley A, Liu L, Roman G. Functional characterization of kurtz, a Drosophila non-visual arrestin, reveals conservation of GPCR desensitization mechanisms. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2008;38:1016-22 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we report that kurtz mutants exhibit hypersensitivity to osmotic stress, implicating GPCR desensitization as an important feature of the endocrine events that shape this stress response. ..
- Choi C, Fortin J, McCarthy E, Oksman L, Kopin A, Nitabach M. Cellular dissection of circadian peptide signals with genetically encoded membrane-tethered ligands. Curr Biol. 2009;19:1167-75 pubmed publisher..The t-peptide technology should provide a useful tool for cellular dissection of bioactive peptide signaling in a variety of organisms and physiological contexts. ..
- Lee K, DaubnerovÃ¡ I, Isaac R, Zhang C, Choi S, Chung J, et al. A neuronal pathway that controls sperm ejection and storage in female Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2015;25:790-7 pubmed publisher..hormone 44 (Dh44), a neuropeptide related to vertebrate corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF), and its receptor, Dh44R1. Suppression of Dh44 signals in the brain expedites sperm ejection from the uterus, resulting in marked reduction ..