Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dh31
Description: Diuretic hormone 31
Alias: CG13094, DH 31, DH-II, DH31, DH[, DH[], Dh[], Dmel\CG13094, Drm-DH[], Drome-DH[], anon-EST:Posey114, anon-WO02059370.45, dh31, drome-DH31, diuretic hormone 31, CG13094-PA, CG13094-PC, Calcitonin-like diuretic hormone (31 residues), Dh31-PA, Dh31-PC, calcitonin, diuretic hormone
Species: fruit fly
- Amcheslavsky A, Song W, Li Q, Nie Y, Bragatto I, Ferrandon D, et al. Enteroendocrine cells support intestinal stem-cell-mediated homeostasis in Drosophila. Cell Rep. 2014;9:32-9 pubmed publisher..These results establish that enteroendocrine cells serve as an important link between diet and visceral muscle expression of an insulin-like growth factor to stimulate intestinal stem cell proliferation and tissue growth. ..
- Duvall L, Taghert P. The circadian neuropeptide PDF signals preferentially through a specific adenylate cyclase isoform AC3 in M pacemakers of Drosophila. PLoS Biol. 2012;10:e1001337 pubmed publisher..These findings support a hypothesis that PDF signaling components within target cells are sequestered into "circadian signalosomes," whose compositions differ between E and M pacemaker cell types. ..
- LaJeunesse D, Johnson B, Presnell J, Catignas K, Zapotoczny G. Peristalsis in the junction region of the Drosophila larval midgut is modulated by DH31 expressing enteroendocrine cells. BMC Physiol. 2010;10:14 pubmed publisher..the acidic portions of the midgut and are a group of enteroendocrine cells that express the peptide hormone Diuretic Hormone 31 in this region of the gut...
- Choi C, Fortin J, McCarthy E, Oksman L, Kopin A, Nitabach M. Cellular dissection of circadian peptide signals with genetically encoded membrane-tethered ligands. Curr Biol. 2009;19:1167-75 pubmed publisher..The t-peptide technology should provide a useful tool for cellular dissection of bioactive peptide signaling in a variety of organisms and physiological contexts. ..
- Wegener C, Gorbashov A. Molecular evolution of neuropeptides in the genus Drosophila. Genome Biol. 2008;9:R131 pubmed publisher..The last common ancestor of Drosophila obviously had a set of neuropeptides and peptide hormones identical to that of modern fruit flies. This is remarkable, since drosophilid flies have adapted to very different environments. ..
- Kunst M, Hughes M, Raccuglia D, Felix M, Li M, Barnett G, et al. Calcitonin gene-related peptide neurons mediate sleep-specific circadian output in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2014;24:2652-64 pubmed publisher..In this study, we describe a novel role for diuretic hormone 31 (DH31), the fly homolog of the vertebrate neuropeptide calcitonin gene-related peptide, as a circadian wake-..
- Head L, Tang X, Hayley S, Goda T, Umezaki Y, Chang E, et al. The influence of light on temperature preference in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2015;25:1063-8 pubmed publisher..Given that both Drosophila and mammals respond to acute light by increasing their body temperature, the effect of acute light on temperature regulation may be conserved evolutionarily between flies and humans. ..
- Goda T, Tang X, Umezaki Y, Chu M, Kunst M, Nitabach M, et al. Drosophila DH31 Neuropeptide and PDF Receptor Regulate Night-Onset Temperature Preference. J Neurosci. 2016;36:11739-11754 pubmed..Here, we demonstrate that the neuropeptide diuretic hormone 31 (DH31) and pigment-dispersing factor receptor (PDFR) contribute to regulate the preferred temperature ..
- Choi C, Cao G, Tanenhaus A, McCarthy E, Jung M, Schleyer W, et al. Autoreceptor control of peptide/neurotransmitter corelease from PDF neurons determines allocation of circadian activity in drosophila. Cell Rep. 2012;2:332-44 pubmed publisher..These results suggest another mechanism for environmental control of the allocation of circadian activity and provide new general insight into the role of neuropeptide autoreceptors in behavioral control circuits. ..
- Reiher W, Shirras C, Kahnt J, Baumeister S, Isaac R, Wegener C. Peptidomics and peptide hormone processing in the Drosophila midgut. J Proteome Res. 2011;10:1881-92 pubmed publisher..The identification of enteroendocrine peptides in the fruit fly provides a platform to address functions of gut peptide hormones in the regulation of feeding and metabolism. ..
- Johnson E, Bohn L, Taghert P. Drosophila CG8422 encodes a functional diuretic hormone receptor. J Exp Biol. 2004;207:743-8 pubmedb>Diuretic hormone 44 (DH) is a bioactive neuropeptide that mediates osmotic balance in a wide variety of insects through increases in cAMP. It is structurally similar to mammalian corticotrophin releasing factor (CRF) peptides...
- O Donnell M, Ianowski J, Linton S, Rheault M. Inorganic and organic anion transport by insect renal epithelia. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1618:194-206 pubmed..Insect renal epithelia are also important in excretion of potentially toxic organic anions, and the transporters involved may play a role in resistance to insecticides of natural or anthropogenic origin. ..