Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Damm
Description: Death associated molecule related to Mch2 caspase
Alias: CG18188, DAMM, Damm/Daydream, Daydream, Dmel\CG18188, damm, death associated molecule related to Mch2 caspase, CG18188-PA, CG18188-PB, Damm-PA, Damm-PB, daydream, death associated molecule related to Mch2
Species: fruit fly
- Leulier F, Ribeiro P, Palmer E, Tenev T, Takahashi K, Robertson D, et al. Systematic in vivo RNAi analysis of putative components of the Drosophila cell death machinery. Cell Death Differ. 2006;13:1663-74 pubmed..Consistently, we show that DIAP2 binds active drICE. Since DIAP2 associates with Hid, we propose a model whereby Hid co-ordinately targets both DIAP1 and DIAP2 to unleash drICE. ..
- Wildonger J, Sosinsky A, Honig B, Mann R. Lozenge directly activates argos and klumpfuss to regulate programmed cell death. Genes Dev. 2005;19:1034-9 pubmed..These results provide novel insights into the control of programmed cell death (PCD) by Lz during Drosophila eye development. ..
- Kornbluth S, White K. Apoptosis in Drosophila: neither fish nor fowl (nor man, nor worm). J Cell Sci. 2005;118:1779-87 pubmed..Thus, although Drosophila, worms and humans share a host of apoptotic regulators, the way in which they function may not be identical. ..
- Doumanis J, Quinn L, Richardson H, Kumar S. STRICA, a novel Drosophila melanogaster caspase with an unusual serine/threonine-rich prodomain, interacts with DIAP1 and DIAP2. Cell Death Differ. 2001;8:387-94 pubmed..Interestingly, unlike other fly caspases, STRICA showed physical association with DIAP2, in cotransfection experiments. These results suggest that STRICA may have a unique cellular function. ..
- Kumar S, Doumanis J. The fly caspases. Cell Death Differ. 2000;7:1039-44 pubmed..The presence of multiple caspases in Drosophila indicates that apoptotic pathways in insects are likely to be as complex as in vertebrates. ..
- Amarneh B, Matthews K, Rawson R. Activation of sterol regulatory element-binding protein by the caspase Drice in Drosophila larvae. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:9674-82 pubmed publisher..Drice-dependent activation of dSREBP explains why flies lacking dS2P are viable, and flies lacking dSREBP itself are not...
- Primrose D, Chaudhry S, Johnson A, Hrdlicka A, Schindler A, Tran D, et al. Interactions of DNR1 with the apoptotic machinery of Drosophila melanogaster. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:1189-99 pubmed..Furthermore, we show that Dnr1 overexpression significantly reduces Dronc protein levels and identify the domains of Dnr1 necessary for these effects. From these data, we propose that Dnr1 inhibits initiator caspases in S2 cells. ..
- Liang C, Chang Y, Chang H, Wang C, Hung Y, Lin Y, et al. Derlin-1 regulates mutant VCP-linked pathogenesis and endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced apoptosis. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004675 pubmed publisher..As this Derlin-1-dependent cell death is negated by TER94 overexpression, we propose that while Derlin-1 and VCP work cooperatively in ER stress response, their imbalance has a role in removing cells suffering prolonged ER stress. ..