Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cyp4e2
Description: Cytochrome P450-4e2
Alias: 4e2, CG2060, CYP4E2, CyP4e2, Cyp4E2, Cyt-P450-4E2, Dmel\CG2060, P-450, P450, cytochrome P450-4e2, CG2060-PA, CG2060-PB, Cyp4e2-PA, Cyp4e2-PB, cytochrome P450
Species: fruit fly
- Jünger M, Rintelen F, Stocker H, Wasserman J, Végh M, Radimerski T, et al. The Drosophila forkhead transcription factor FOXO mediates the reduction in cell number associated with reduced insulin signaling. J Biol. 2003;2:20 pubmed..We propose that in response to cellular stresses, such as nutrient deprivation or increased levels of reactive oxygen species, dFOXO is activated and inhibits growth through the action of target genes such as d4E-BP. ..
- Greenspan R, Tononi G, Cirelli C, Shaw P. Sleep and the fruit fly. Trends Neurosci. 2001;24:142-5 pubmed..The record of Drosophila in laying the foundations for subsequent studies in mammals argues in favor of the force of this new approach. ..
- Shaw P, Cirelli C, Greenspan R, Tononi G. Correlates of sleep and waking in Drosophila melanogaster. Science. 2000;287:1834-7 pubmed..These results implicate the catabolism of monoamines in the regulation of sleep and waking in the fly and suggest that Drosophila may serve as a model system for the genetic dissection of sleep. ..
- Pittendrigh B, Mocelin G, Andreev O, ffrench Constant R. The sequence of a Drosophila Cyp4e2 cytochrome P450-encoding cDNA. Gene. 1996;179:295-6 pubmedA composite 1458-bp cDNA that encodes cytochrome P450 (P450) Cyp4e2 has been constructed from clones isolated from two Drosophila embryonic cDNA libraries...
- Keogh D, Mitchell M, Crooks J, Smith S. Effects of the adenylate cyclase activator forskolin and its inactive derivative 1,9-dideoxyforskolin on insect cytochrome P-450 dependent steroid hydroxylase activity. Experientia. 1992;48:39-41 pubmed..The concentrations of these labdane diterpenes required to elicit a 50% inhibition of the cytochrome P-450 dependent steroid hydroxylase activity in the insect tissues ranged from approximately 5 x 10(-6) to 5 x 10(-4) M. ..
- Daborn P, Boundy S, Yen J, Pittendrigh B, ffrench Constant R. DDT resistance in Drosophila correlates with Cyp6g1 over-expression and confers cross-resistance to the neonicotinoid imidacloprid. Mol Genet Genomics. 2001;266:556-63 pubmed..The genomic sequence in this interval shows a cluster of cytochrome P450 genes, one of which, Cyp6g1, is over-expressed in all resistant strains examined...
- Maïbèche Coisne M, Monti Dedieu L, Aragon S, Dauphin Villemant C. A new cytochrome P450 from Drosophila melanogaster, CYP4G15, expressed in the nervous system. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;273:1132-7 pubmedA novel cytochrome P450 was isolated from Drosophila melanogaster by PCR strategy with primers deduced from the crayfish Orconectes limosus CYP4C15 sequence, which is supposed to be involved in ecdysteroid biosynthesis...
- Chahine S, O Donnell M. Interactions between detoxification mechanisms and excretion in Malpighian tubules of Drosophila melanogaster. J Exp Biol. 2011;214:462-8 pubmed publisher..to the insecticide synergist piperonyl butoxide (PBO) was associated with reduced expression of two P450 genes (Cyp4e2, Cyp4p1) and two GST genes (GstD1, GstD5) in the tubules, as well as increased expression of Cyp12d1 and GstE1...
- Berge J, Feyereisen R, Amichot M. Cytochrome P450 monooxygenases and insecticide resistance in insects. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 1998;353:1701-5 pubmedb>Cytochrome P450 monooxygenases are involved in many cases of resistance of insects to insecticides. Resistance has long been associated with an increase in monooxygenase activities and with an increase in cytochrome P450 content...