Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cyp12d1-p
Alias: 12D1, 12d1, CG18240, CG30489, CYP12D1, CYP12d1-p, Cyp 12d1, Cyp12d1, Dmel\CG30489, Cyp12d1-p, CG30489-PA, CG30489-PB, Cyp12d1-p-PA, Cyp12d1-p-PB, cytochrome P450, cytochrome P450-12d1
Species: fruit fly
- Najarro M, Hackett J, Smith B, Highfill C, King E, Long A, et al. Identifying Loci Contributing to Natural Variation in Xenobiotic Resistance in Drosophila. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005663 pubmed publisher..5-14.4% of the broad-sense heritability for caffeine resistance. Four QTL harbor members of the cytochrome P450 family of detoxification enzymes, which represent strong a priori candidate genes...
- Rand M, Lowe J, Mahapatra C. Drosophila CYP6g1 and its human homolog CYP3A4 confer tolerance to methylmercury during development. Toxicology. 2012;300:75-82 pubmed publisher..brains of MeHg tolerant and susceptible strains of Drosophila, we previously identified members of the cytochrome p450 (CYP) family of monooxygenases/oxidoreductases as candidate MeHg tolerance genes...
- Chen S, Li X. Transposable elements are enriched within or in close proximity to xenobiotic-metabolizing cytochrome P450 genes. BMC Evol Biol. 2007;7:46 pubmed..genes, we scanned two alleles per each of the six xenobiotic-metabolizing Helicoverpa zea cytochrome P450 loci, including CYP6B8, CYP6B27, CYP321A1, CYP321A2, CYP9A12v3 and CYP9A14, for the presence of transposon ..
- Gellatly K, Yoon K, Doherty J, Sun W, Pittendrigh B, Clark J. RNAi validation of resistance genes and their interactions in the highly DDT-resistant 91-R strain of Drosophila melanogaster. Pestic Biochem Physiol. 2015;121:107-15 pubmed publisher..involved in DDT resistance and has validated the role of several cuticular proteins (Cyp4g1 and Lcp1), cytochrome P450 monooxygenases (Cyp6g1 and Cyp12d1), and ATP binding cassette transporters (Mdr50, Mdr65, and Mrp1) involved ..
- Sun W, Valero M, Seong K, Steele L, Huang I, Lee C, et al. A glycine insertion in the estrogen-related receptor (ERR) is associated with enhanced expression of three cytochrome P450 genes in transgenic Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0118779 pubmed publisher..melanogaster strains represent a resource for the discovery of the underlying molecular mechanisms of cytochrome P450 constitutive over-expression, even if some of these P450s are not directly involved in the resistance ..
- Schrider D, Begun D, Hahn M. Detecting highly differentiated copy-number variants from pooled population sequencing. Pac Symp Biocomput. 2013;:344-55 pubmed..Using novel pooled sequence data from two populations of Drosophila melanogaster along a latitudinal cline, we demonstrate the utility of our method for identifying CNVs involved in local adaptation. ..
- Li T, Cao C, Yang T, Zhang L, He L, Xi Z, et al. A G-protein-coupled receptor regulation pathway in cytochrome P450-mediated permethrin-resistance in mosquitoes, Culex quinquefasciatus. Sci Rep. 2015;5:17772 pubmed publisher..reducing the expression of two cAMP-dependent protein kinase A genes (PKAs) and four resistance related cytochrome P450 genes...
- Hamby K, Kwok R, Zalom F, Chiu J. Integrating circadian activity and gene expression profiles to predict chronotoxicity of Drosophila suzukii response to insecticides. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68472 pubmed publisher..However, field research is necessary for extrapolation to agricultural settings. ..
- Jones R, Bakker S, Stone D, Shuttleworth S, Boundy S, McCart C, et al. Homology modelling of Drosophila cytochrome P450 enzymes associated with insecticide resistance. Pest Manag Sci. 2010;66:1106-15 pubmed publisherOverexpression of the cytochrome P450 gene Cyp6g1 confers resistance against DDT and a broad range of other insecticides in Drosophila melanogaster Meig...
- Mitchell C, Saul M, Lei L, Wei H, Werner T. The mechanisms underlying Î±-amanitin resistance in Drosophila melanogaster: a microarray analysis. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e93489 pubmed publisher..We speculate that the resistance to mushroom toxins in D. melanogaster and perhaps in mycophagous Drosophila species has evolved as cross-resistance to pesticides, other xenobiotic substances, or environmental stress factors. ..
- Schmidt J, Good R, Appleton B, Sherrard J, Raymant G, Bogwitz M, et al. Copy number variation and transposable elements feature in recent, ongoing adaptation at the Cyp6g1 locus. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1000998 pubmed publisher..In contrast, copy number variation for another candidate resistance gene, Cyp12d1, is not associated with resistance...
- Jensen H, Scott I, Sims S, Trudeau V, Arnason J. The effect of a synergistic concentration of a Piper nigrum extract used in conjunction with pyrethrum upon gene expression in Drosophila melanogaster. Insect Mol Biol. 2006;15:329-39 pubmed..melanogaster treated with at least two of the following treatments: P. nigrum, pyrethrum or P. nigrum plus pyrethrum. These are likely implicated in Drosophila defence responses to toxins...
- Carareto C, Hernandez E, Vieira C. Genomic regions harboring insecticide resistance-associated Cyp genes are enriched by transposable element fragments carrying putative transcription factor binding sites in two sibling Drosophila species. Gene. 2014;537:93-9 pubmed publisher..These fragments carry putative binding sites for transcription factors, which reinforces the hypothesis that DNAREP1 may influence gene regulation and play a role in the adaptation of the Drosophila species. ..
- Chahine S, O Donnell M. Interactions between detoxification mechanisms and excretion in Malpighian tubules of Drosophila melanogaster. J Exp Biol. 2011;214:462-8 pubmed publisher..P450 genes (Cyp4e2, Cyp4p1) and two GST genes (GstD1, GstD5) in the tubules, as well as increased expression of Cyp12d1 and GstE1...
- Kasai S, Tomita T. Male specific expression of a cytochrome P450 (Cyp312a1) in Drosophila melanogaster. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;300:894-900 pubmedUsing cDNA array techniques, the transcriptional levels of Drosophila cytochrome P450 (P450) genes were compared between male and female flies...