Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ctr1A
Description: Copper transporter 1A
Alias: BcDNA:RH42635, CG3977, DmCtr1A, Dmel\CG3977, ctr1A, copper transporter 1A, CG3977-PA, CG3977-PB, CG3977-PC, CG3977-PD, Ctr1A-PA, Ctr1A-PB, Ctr1A-PC, Ctr1A-PD
Species: fruit fly
- Wang J, Binks T, Warr C, Burke R. Vacuolar-type H(+)-ATPase subunits and the neurogenic protein big brain are required for optimal copper and zinc uptake. Metallomics. 2014;6:2100-8 pubmed publisher..homolog big brain (bib), as being required for the correct localization of the copper uptake transporters Ctr1A and Ctr1B and the zinc uptake protein dZip89B and hence necessary for optimal copper and zinc accumulation in vivo...
- Sanokawa Akakura R, Cao W, Allan K, Patel K, Ganesh A, Heiman G, et al. Control of Alzheimer's amyloid beta toxicity by the high molecular weight immunophilin FKBP52 and copper homeostasis in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e8626 pubmed publisher..the Abeta pathology was enhanced by mutations in the copper transporters Atox1, which interacts with FKBP52, and Ctr1A and was suppressed in FKBP52 mutant flies raised on a copper chelator diet...
- Turski M, Brady D, Kim H, Kim B, Nose Y, Counter C, et al. A novel role for copper in Ras/mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:1284-95 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate a role for Ctr1 and Cu in activating a pathway well known to play a key role in normal physiology and in cancer. ..
- Mercer S, La Fontaine S, Warr C, Burke R. Reduced glutathione biosynthesis in Drosophila melanogaster causes neuronal defects linked to copper deficiency. J Neurochem. 2016;137:360-70 pubmed publisher..rescued by copper supplementation and was exacerbated by additional knockdown of the copper uptake transporter Ctr1A, or over-expression of the copper efflux transporter ATP7...
- Steiger D, Fetchko M, Vardanyan A, Atanesyan L, Steiner K, Turski M, et al. The Drosophila copper transporter Ctr1C functions in male fertility. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:17089-97 pubmed publisher..Drosophila has three Ctr1 homologs: Ctr1A, Ctr1B, and Ctr1C...
- Casad M, Yu L, Daniels J, Wolf M, Rockman H. Deletion of Siah-interacting protein gene in Drosophila causes cardiomyopathy. Mol Genet Genomics. 2012;287:351-60 pubmed publisher..Alterations in Armadillo signaling during development lead to important changes in the size and function of the adult heart. ..
- Armstrong N, Ramamoorthy M, Lyon D, Jones K, Duttaroy A. Mechanism of silver nanoparticles action on insect pigmentation reveals intervention of copper homeostasis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53186 pubmed publisher..Finally, we claim that Drosophila, an established genetic model system, can be well utilized for further understanding of the biological effects of nanoparticles. ..
- Hwang J, de Bruyne M, Warr C, Burke R. Copper overload and deficiency both adversely affect the central nervous system of Drosophila. Metallomics. 2014;6:2223-9 pubmed publisher..and excess in the Drosophila melanogaster nervous system, using targeted manipulation of the copper uptake genes Ctr1A and Ctr1B and efflux gene ATP7 in combination with altered dietary copper levels...
- Crona F, Holmqvist P, Tang M, Singla B, Vakifahmetoglu Norberg H, Fantur K, et al. The Brakeless co-regulator can directly activate and repress transcription in early Drosophila embryos. Dev Biol. 2015;407:173-81 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the transcriptional co-regulator Brakeless can either activate or repress transcription depending on context. ..
- Mercer S, Burke R. Evidence for a role for the putative Drosophila hGRX1 orthologue in copper homeostasis. Biometals. 2016;29:705-13 pubmed publisher..and reduced scutellum, phenotypes that were exacerbated by additional knockdown of copper uptake transporters Ctr1A and Ctr1B...