Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ct
Alias: BcDNA:GH10590, CG11387, CUT, Cut, Dmel\CG11387, l(1)7Ba, l(1)7Bb, l(1)VE614, cut, CG11387-PA, CG11387-PC, CG11387-PD, CG11387-PE, Cut, ct-PA, ct-PC, ct-PD, ct-PE, kinked-femur
Species: fruit fly
- Williams D, Truman J. Cellular mechanisms of dendrite pruning in Drosophila: insights from in vivo time-lapse of remodeling dendritic arborizing sensory neurons. Development. 2005;132:3631-42 pubmed..Finally, we find that phagocytic blood cells not only engulf neuronal debris but also attack and sever intact branches that show signs of destabilization. ..
- Shi Y, Noll M. Determination of cell fates in the R7 equivalence group of the Drosophila eye by the concerted regulation of D-Pax2 and TTK88. Dev Biol. 2009;331:68-77 pubmed publisher..Thus, the fates of R1/R6/R7 and cone cells are determined by a dual mechanism that coordinately activates one fate while inhibiting the other. ..
- Mandal S, Guptan P, Owusu Ansah E, Banerjee U. Mitochondrial regulation of cell cycle progression during development as revealed by the tenured mutation in Drosophila. Dev Cell. 2005;9:843-54 pubmed..We demonstrate that in multiple tissues the mitochondrion has a direct and specific role in enforcing a G1-S cell cycle checkpoint during periods of energy deprivation. ..
- Golovnin A, Melnikova L, Volkov I, Kostuchenko M, Galkin A, Georgiev P. 'Insulator bodies' are aggregates of proteins but not of insulators. EMBO Rep. 2008;9:440-5 pubmed publisher..Hence, it is not the functional genomic insulators but rather aggregated proteins that make the so-called 'insulator bodies'. ..
- Sasaki N, Sasamura T, Ishikawa H, Kanai M, Ueda R, Saigo K, et al. Polarized exocytosis and transcytosis of Notch during its apical localization in Drosophila epithelial cells. Genes Cells. 2007;12:89-103 pubmed..N, but not Dl, formed a specific complex with DEcad in vivo. Finally, our results suggest that juxtacrine signaling in epithelia generally depends on the apicobasally polarized structure of epithelial cells. ..
- Lovegrove B, Simoes S, Rivas M, Sotillos S, Johnson K, Knust E, et al. Coordinated control of cell adhesion, polarity, and cytoskeleton underlies Hox-induced organogenesis in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2006;16:2206-16 pubmed..We propose that during animal development, Hox-controlled genetic cascades coordinate the local cell-specific behaviors that result in organogenesis of segment-specific structures. ..
- O Connor Giles K, Skeath J. Numb inhibits membrane localization of Sanpodo, a four-pass transmembrane protein, to promote asymmetric divisions in Drosophila. Dev Cell. 2003;5:231-43 pubmed..Our findings suggest a model in which Numb inhibits Notch signaling through the regulation of Sanpodo membrane localization. ..
- Casares F, Mann R. A dual role for homothorax in inhibiting wing blade development and specifying proximal wing identities in Drosophila. Development. 2000;127:1499-508 pubmed..Our results suggest that tsh and hth block wing blade development by repressing some of the activities of the Notch pathway at the D/V compartment boundary. ..
- Li Y, Baker N. The roles of cis-inactivation by Notch ligands and of neuralized during eye and bristle patterning in Drosophila. BMC Dev Biol. 2004;4:5 pubmed..The molecular mechanism rendering Notch insensitive to paracrine activation in neural precursor cells remains uncertain. ..
- Poulton J, Deng W. Dystroglycan down-regulation links EGF receptor signaling and anterior-posterior polarity formation in the Drosophila oocyte. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:12775-80 pubmed..Our data indicate that Dystroglycan links EGFR-induced repression of the anterior follicle cell fate and anterior-posterior polarity formation in the oocyte. ..
- Mistry H, Wilson B, Roberts I, O Kane C, Skeath J. Cullin-3 regulates pattern formation, external sensory organ development and cell survival during Drosophila development. Mech Dev. 2004;121:1495-507 pubmed..The diverse nature of Cullin-3 phenotypes highlights the importance of targeted proteolysis during Drosophila development. ..
- Baonza A, Garcia Bellido A. Notch signaling directly controls cell proliferation in the Drosophila wing disc. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:2609-14 pubmed..We propose that the nonautonomous effects (induction of extraproliferation and vein differentiation in the surrounding wild-type cells) result from pattern accommodation to positional values caused by the ectopic expression of Notch. ..
- Zhao D, Clyde D, Bownes M. Expression of fringe is down regulated by Gurken/Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor signalling and is required for the morphogenesis of ovarian follicle cells. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 Pt 21:3781-94 pubmed..This has been confirmed by re-examination of fng mutants and analysis of fng mutant clones in oogenesis. ..
- Jafar Nejad H, Andrews H, Acar M, Bayat V, Wirtz Peitz F, Mehta S, et al. Sec15, a component of the exocyst, promotes notch signaling during the asymmetric division of Drosophila sensory organ precursors. Dev Cell. 2005;9:351-63 pubmed..Our data indicate that Sec15 mediates a specific vesicle trafficking event to ensure proper neuronal fate specification in Drosophila...
- Russell S. The Drosophila dominant wing mutation Dichaete results from ectopic expression of a Sox-domain gene. Mol Gen Genet. 2000;263:690-701 pubmed
- Golovnin A, Mazur A, Kopantseva M, Kurshakova M, Gulak P, Gilmore B, et al. Integrity of the Mod(mdg4)-67.2 BTB domain is critical to insulator function in Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:963-74 pubmed..2 BTB domain with the GAF BTB domain produced a nonfunctional protein. Taken together, these data suggest that the Mod(mdg4)-67.2 BTB domain confers novel activities to gypsy insulator function. ..
- de Celis J, Bray S. The Abruptex domain of Notch regulates negative interactions between Notch, its ligands and Fringe. Development. 2000;127:1291-302 pubmed..ligands Delta and Serrate is required to make the dorsoventral boundary, where several genes, such as wingless and cut, are expressed in a 2- to 4-cell-wide domain...
- Matthews B, Kim M, Flanagan J, Hattori D, Clemens J, Zipursky S, et al. Dendrite self-avoidance is controlled by Dscam. Cell. 2007;129:593-604 pubmed..The selectivity of Dscam-mediated cell interactions is likely to be widely important in the developing fly nervous system, where processes of cells must distinguish between self and nonself during the construction of neural circuits. ..
- Herranz H, Stamataki E, Feiguin F, Milan M. Self-refinement of Notch activity through the transmembrane protein Crumbs: modulation of gamma-secretase activity. EMBO Rep. 2006;7:297-302 pubmed..These results indicate a novel molecular mechanism of the regulation of Notch signal, and also that defects in Crumbs might be involved in similar abnormal gamma-Secretase complex activity observed in Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Hughes C, Thomas J. A sensory feedback circuit coordinates muscle activity in Drosophila. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2007;35:383-96 pubmed
- Nagaraj R, Banerjee U. Regulation of Notch and Wingless signalling by phyllopod, a transcriptional target of the EGFR pathway. EMBO J. 2009;28:337-46 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this study identifies a Phyl-regulated class of endosomal vesicles that specifically include components of Notch and Wg signalling. ..
- Rollins R, Morcillo P, Dorsett D. Nipped-B, a Drosophila homologue of chromosomal adherins, participates in activation by remote enhancers in the cut and Ultrabithorax genes. Genetics. 1999;152:577-93 pubmed..Activation by the wing margin enhancer in the cut gene, located 85 kb from the promoter, requires several genes that participate in the Notch receptor pathway in the ..
- Benhra N, Lallet S, Cotton M, Le Bras S, Dussert A, Le Borgne R. AP-1 controls the trafficking of Notch and Sanpodo toward E-cadherin junctions in sensory organ precursors. Curr Biol. 2011;21:87-95 pubmed publisher..Because AP-1 does not prevent endocytosis and recycling of the Notch ligand Delta, our data indicate that the DE-cadherin junctional domain may act as a launching pad through which endocytosed Notch ligand is trafficked for signaling. ..
- Guss K, Nelson C, Hudson A, Kraus M, Carroll S. Control of a genetic regulatory network by a selector gene. Science. 2001;292:1164-7 pubmed..The obligate integration of selector and signaling protein inputs on cis-regulatory DNA may be a general mechanism by which selector proteins control extensive genetic regulatory networks during development. ..
- Le Borgne R, Remaud S, Hamel S, Schweisguth F. Two distinct E3 ubiquitin ligases have complementary functions in the regulation of delta and serrate signaling in Drosophila. PLoS Biol. 2005;3:e96 pubmed..We conclude that D-mib and Neur are two structurally distinct proteins that have similar molecular activities but distinct developmental functions in Drosophila. ..
- Denholm B, Brown S, Ray R, Ruiz Gomez M, Skaer H, Hombria J. crossveinless-c is a RhoGAP required for actin reorganisation during morphogenesis. Development. 2005;132:2389-400 pubmed
- Pi H, Wu H, Chien C. A dual function of phyllopod in Drosophila external sensory organ development: cell fate specification of sensory organ precursor and its progeny. Development. 2001;128:2699-710 pubmed..Thus, these analyses demonstrate that phyl acts downstream of N signaling in controlling cell fates in es organ development. ..
- Nolo R, Abbott L, Bellen H. Senseless, a Zn finger transcription factor, is necessary and sufficient for sensory organ development in Drosophila. Cell. 2000;102:349-62 pubmed..Sens is then in turn required to further activate and maintain proneural gene expression. This feedback mechanism is essential for selective enhancement and maintenance of proneural gene expression in the SOPs. ..
- Hatton Ellis E, Ainsworth C, Sushama Y, Wan S, Vijayraghavan K, Skaer H. Genetic regulation of patterned tubular branching in Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:169-74 pubmed..the tubular gut and results in the spatially restricted coexpression of two transcription factors, Krüppel and Cut, in the hindgut, whose activity drives cells toward renal tubule fate...
- Hattori Y, Sugimura K, Uemura T. Selective expression of Knot/Collier, a transcriptional regulator of the EBF/Olf-1 family, endows the Drosophila sensory system with neuronal class-specific elaborated dendritic patterns. Genes Cells. 2007;12:1011-22 pubmed..with dramatic alterations in the expression patterns of two other transcriptional regulators, Abrupt (Ab) and Cut (Ct), which play important roles in shaping dendritic trees with distinct class specificity from Kn...
- Lai E, Roegiers F, Qin X, Jan Y, Rubin G. The ubiquitin ligase Drosophila Mind bomb promotes Notch signaling by regulating the localization and activity of Serrate and Delta. Development. 2005;132:2319-32 pubmed..We conclude that ubiquitination of Delta and Serrate by Neuralized and D-mib is an obligate feature of DSL ligand activation throughout Drosophila development. ..
- Mukai A, Yamamoto Hino M, Awano W, Watanabe W, Komada M, Goto S. Balanced ubiquitylation and deubiquitylation of Frizzled regulate cellular responsiveness to Wg/Wnt. EMBO J. 2010;29:2114-25 pubmed publisher..These results unveil a novel mechanism that regulates the cellular responsiveness to Wg/Wnt by controlling the cell surface level of Frizzled. ..
- Cooper M, Bray S. R7 photoreceptor specification requires Notch activity. Curr Biol. 2000;10:1507-10 pubmed
- Cook T, Pichaud F, Sonneville R, Papatsenko D, Desplan C. Distinction between color photoreceptor cell fates is controlled by Prospero in Drosophila. Dev Cell. 2003;4:853-64 pubmed..Furthermore, this study provides transcriptional targets for pros that may lend insight into its role in regulating neuronal development in flies and vertebrates. ..
- Maqbool T, Soler C, Jagla T, Daczewska M, Lodha N, Palliyil S, et al. Shaping leg muscles in Drosophila: role of ladybird, a conserved regulator of appendicular myogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2006;1:e122 pubmed..The ladybird/Lbx1 gene family appears as a part of an ancient genetic circuitry determining leg-specific properties of myoblasts and making an appendage adapted for locomotion. ..
- Nagaraj R, Banerjee U. Combinatorial signaling in the specification of primary pigment cells in the Drosophila eye. Development. 2007;134:825-31 pubmed..Combined with previous work, these data show that unique combinations of only two pathways--Notch and EGFR--can specify at least five different cell types within the Drosophila eye. ..
- Li W, Wang F, Menut L, Gao F. BTB/POZ-zinc finger protein abrupt suppresses dendritic branching in a neuronal subtype-specific and dosage-dependent manner. Neuron. 2004;43:823-34 pubmed..Ab and the homeodomain protein Cut are expressed in distinct but complementary subsets of MD neurons, and Ab functions in a transcriptional program ..
- Akbari O, Oliver D, Eyer K, Pai C. An Entry/Gateway cloning system for general expression of genes with molecular tags in Drosophila melanogaster. BMC Cell Biol. 2009;10:8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, live imaging of the movements of these fluorescent-tagged proteins suggests that the assembly and disassembly of insulator bodies are normal activities in living cells and may be directed for regulating transcription. ..
- Pi H, Huang S, Tang C, Sun Y, Chien C. phyllopod is a target gene of proneural proteins in Drosophila external sensory organ development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:8378-83 pubmed..Our results provide the first example that bHLH proneural proteins promote neurogenesis through regulation of protein degradation. ..
- Hamel S, Fantini J, Schweisguth F. Notch ligand activity is modulated by glycosphingolipid membrane composition in Drosophila melanogaster. J Cell Biol. 2010;188:581-94 pubmed publisher..Together, our data indicate that specific GSLs modulate the signaling activity of Notch ligands. ..
- Lai E, Rubin G. neuralized functions cell-autonomously to regulate a subset of notch-dependent processes during adult Drosophila development. Dev Biol. 2001;231:217-33 pubmed..Collectively, these data indicate a key role for neu in the reception of the lateral inhibitory signal during peripheral neurogenesis. ..
- Wang W, Struhl G. Drosophila Epsin mediates a select endocytic pathway that DSL ligands must enter to activate Notch. Development. 2004;131:5367-80 pubmed..Alternatively Epsin may be required to target mono-ubiquitinated DSL proteins to a particular subclass of coated pits that have special properties essential for Notch activation. ..
- Capelson M, Corces V. The ubiquitin ligase dTopors directs the nuclear organization of a chromatin insulator. Mol Cell. 2005;20:105-16 pubmed..Thus, dTopors appears to be involved in the establishment of chromatin organization through its ability to mediate the association of insulator complexes with a fixed nuclear substrate. ..
- Capelson M, Corces V. SUMO conjugation attenuates the activity of the gypsy chromatin insulator. EMBO J. 2006;25:1906-14 pubmed..The results suggest that long-range interactions of insulator proteins are inhibited by sumoylation and that the establishment of chromatin domains can be regulated by SUMO conjugation. ..
- Gonzalez A, Chaouiya C, Thieffry D. Dynamical analysis of the regulatory network defining the dorsal-ventral boundary of the Drosophila wing imaginal disc. Genetics. 2006;174:1625-34 pubmed..Finally, another mutant simulation shows that cut expression might be shifted to late larval stages because of a potential interference with the early signaling ..
- Roegiers F, KAVALER J, Tolwinski N, Chou Y, Duan H, Bejarano F, et al. Frequent unanticipated alleles of lethal giant larvae in Drosophila second chromosome stocks. Genetics. 2009;182:407-10 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results encourage the routine testing of second chromosome stocks for second-site alleles of lgl. ..
- Renaud O, Simpson P. scabrous modifies epithelial cell adhesion and extends the range of lateral signalling during development of the spaced bristle pattern in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2001;240:361-76 pubmed..We also show that the sensory organ precursors extend numerous fine cytoplasmic extensions bearing Dl molecules, and speculate on a possible role for these structures during signalling. ..
- Chen X, Zhang B, Fischer J. A specific protein substrate for a deubiquitinating enzyme: Liquid facets is the substrate of Fat facets. Genes Dev. 2002;16:289-94 pubmed..The results show definitively that Lqf is the key substrate of Faf in the eye; Lqf concentration is Faf-dependent, Lqf is ubiquitinated in vivo and deubiquitinated by Faf, and Lqf and Faf interact physically. ..
- Canon J, Banerjee U. In vivo analysis of a developmental circuit for direct transcriptional activation and repression in the same cell by a Runx protein. Genes Dev. 2003;17:838-43 pubmed..We describe a regulatory circuit in which Lz causes transcriptional activation of the homeodomain protein Cut, which can then stabilize a Lz repressor complex in the same cell...
- Mirth C, Truman J, Riddiford L. The ecdysone receptor controls the post-critical weight switch to nutrition-independent differentiation in Drosophila wing imaginal discs. Development. 2009;136:2345-53 pubmed publisher..weight larvae [5 hours after third instar ecdysis (AL3E)] fed on sucrose alone showed suppressed Wingless (WG), Cut (CT) and Senseless (SENS) expression...
- Pitsouli C, Perrimon N. Embryonic multipotent progenitors remodel the Drosophila airways during metamorphosis. Development. 2010;137:3615-24 pubmed publisher..the embryonic spiracular branch tracheoblasts are multipotent cells that express the homeobox transcription factor Cut, which is necessary for their survival and normal development...
- Childress J, Acar M, Tao C, Halder G. Lethal giant discs, a novel C2-domain protein, restricts notch activation during endocytosis. Curr Biol. 2006;16:2228-33 pubmed..Taken together, our data identify Lgd as a novel tumor-suppressor protein that regulates Notch signaling by targeting Notch for degradation or recycling. ..
- Le Borgne R, Schweisguth F. Unequal segregation of Neuralized biases Notch activation during asymmetric cell division. Dev Cell. 2003;5:139-48 pubmed..We propose that coordinated upregulation of ligand activity by Neuralized and inhibition of receptor activity by Numb results in a robust bias in Notch signaling. ..
- Helms W, Lee H, Ammerman M, Parks A, Muskavitch M, Yedvobnick B. Engineered truncations in the Drosophila mastermind protein disrupt Notch pathway function. Dev Biol. 1999;215:358-74 pubmed..are modified by mutations in Notch and Wg pathway genes and are correlated with depressed expression of wg, cut, and vg...
- Brewster R, Hardiman K, Deo M, Khan S, Bodmer R. The selector gene cut represses a neural cell fate that is specified independently of the Achaete-Scute-Complex and atonal. Mech Dev. 2001;105:57-68 pubmed..ASC normally acts via the neural selector gene cut to specify appropriate sensory organ identities...
- Sudarsan V, Anant S, Guptan P, Vijayraghavan K, Skaer H. Myoblast diversification and ectodermal signaling in Drosophila. Dev Cell. 2001;1:829-39 pubmed..In the late larva, Vestigial and low levels of Cut are expressed in myoblasts that will contribute to the indirect flight muscles...
- Thumm M, Kadowaki T. The loss of Drosophila APG4/AUT2 function modifies the phenotypes of cut and Notch signaling pathway mutants. Mol Genet Genomics. 2001;266:657-63 pubmed..Drosophila homolog of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae gene APG4/AUT2 was identified during the course of screening for cut ( ct) modifiers...
- Lehembre F, Badenhorst P, Muller S, Travers A, Schweisguth F, Dejean A. Covalent modification of the transcriptional repressor tramtrack by the ubiquitin-related protein Smt3 in Drosophila flies. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:1072-82 pubmed..Altogether, these data indicate a high conservation of the Smt3 conjugation pathway and further suggest that this mechanism may play a role in the transcriptional regulation of cell differentiation in Drosophila flies. ..
- Gerasimova T, Corces V. Chromatin insulators and boundaries: effects on transcription and nuclear organization. Annu Rev Genet. 2001;35:193-208 pubmed..Insulators might modulate transcription by organizing the chromatin fiber within the nucleus through the establishment of higher-order domains of chromatin structure. ..
- Jinushi Nakao S, Arvind R, Amikura R, Kinameri E, Liu A, Moore A. Knot/Collier and cut control different aspects of dendrite cytoskeleton and synergize to define final arbor shape. Neuron. 2007;56:963-78 pubmed..We show that the combination of the transcription factors Knot and Cut is particular to Drosophila class IV dendritic arborization (da) neurons...
- Jordan K, Schaeffer V, Fischer K, Gray E, Ruohola Baker H. Notch signaling through tramtrack bypasses the mitosis promoting activity of the JNK pathway in the mitotic-to-endocycle transition of Drosophila follicle cells. BMC Dev Biol. 2006;6:16 pubmed..This work reveals new insights into the regulation of Notch-dependent mitotic-to-endocycle switch. ..
- Ben Yaacov S, Le Borgne R, Abramson I, Schweisguth F, Schejter E. Wasp, the Drosophila Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome gene homologue, is required for cell fate decisions mediated by Notch signaling. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:1-13 pubmed..The nature of the Wsp mutant phenotypes, coupled with genetic interaction studies, identifies an essential role for Wsp in lineage decisions mediated by the Notch signaling pathway. ..
- Ghysen A, Dambly Chaudiere C. A genetic programme for neuronal connectivity. Trends Genet. 2000;16:221-6 pubmed..The ongoing analysis of pathfinding mutants suggests plausible mechanisms for the translation of neuronal identity into axonal behaviour. ..
- Jan Y, Jan L. The control of dendrite development. Neuron. 2003;40:229-42 pubmed..In contrast, the control of dendrite development is still much less well understood. However, recent progress has begun to shed light on the molecular mechanisms that orchestrate dendrite growth, arborization, and guidance. ..
- Sugimura K, Satoh D, Estes P, Crews S, Uemura T. Development of morphological diversity of dendrites in Drosophila by the BTB-zinc finger protein abrupt. Neuron. 2004;43:809-22 pubmed..Together with the results of monitoring dendritic dynamics of ab-misexpressing cells or ab mutant ones, all of the data suggested that Ab endows characteristics of dendritic morphogenesis of the class I neurons. ..
- Bernard F, Lalouette A, Gullaud M, Jeantet A, Cossard R, Zider A, et al. Control of apterous by vestigial drives indirect flight muscle development in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2003;260:391-403 pubmed..DFM development requires key regulatory genes such as cut (ct) and apterous (ap), whereas IFM development requires vestigial (vg)...
- Inbal A, Levanon D, Salzberg A. Multiple roles for u-turn/ventral veinless in the development of Drosophila PNS. Development. 2003;130:2467-78 pubmed..In the embryo, loss of VVL function results in increased apoptosis in specific es organs. Analysis of vvl mutant clones in adults revealed a requirement for VVL in the control of cell number within the bristle lineage. ..
- Roegiers F, Jan L, Jan Y. Regulation of membrane localization of Sanpodo by lethal giant larvae and neuralized in asymmetrically dividing cells of Drosophila sensory organs. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:3480-7 pubmed..This study identifies a hitherto unreported role for Lgl as a regulator of Sanpodo during asymmetric cell division in the adult PNS. ..
- Rousset R, Mack J, Wharton K, Axelrod J, Cadigan K, Fish M, et al. Naked cuticle targets dishevelled to antagonize Wnt signal transduction. Genes Dev. 2001;15:658-71 pubmed..Our results suggest that Nkd acts directly through Dsh to limit Wg activity and thus determines how efficiently Wnt signals stabilize Armadillo (Arm)/beta-catenin and activate downstream genes. ..
- Gallagher C, Knoblich J. The conserved c2 domain protein lethal (2) giant discs regulates protein trafficking in Drosophila. Dev Cell. 2006;11:641-53 pubmed..Our experiments suggest that Lgd is a critical regulator of endocytosis that is not present in yeast and acts in the degradative pathway after Hrs. ..
- Okabe M, Imai T, Kurusu M, Hiromi Y, Okano H. Translational repression determines a neuronal potential in Drosophila asymmetric cell division. Nature. 2001;411:94-8 pubmed..Thus, Notch signalling is likely to regulate MSI activity rather than its expression. Our results define cell-type-specific translational control of ttk69 by MSI as a downstream event of Notch signalling in asymmetric cell division. ..
- McNerney M, Brown C, Wang X, Bartom E, Karmakar S, Bandlamudi C, et al. CUX1 is a haploinsufficient tumor suppressor gene on chromosome 7 frequently inactivated in acute myeloid leukemia. Blood. 2013;121:975-83 pubmed publisher..Haploinsufficiency of the highly conserved ortholog, cut, led to hemocyte overgrowth and tumor formation in Drosophila melanogaster...
- Rajan A, Tien A, Haueter C, Schulze K, Bellen H. The Arp2/3 complex and WASp are required for apical trafficking of Delta into microvilli during cell fate specification of sensory organ precursors. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:815-24 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that WASp-dependent Arp2/3 actin polymerization is crucial for apical presentation of Delta, providing a mechanistic link between actin polymerization and Notch signalling...
- Genevet A, Polesello C, Blight K, Robertson F, Collinson L, Pichaud F, et al. The Hippo pathway regulates apical-domain size independently of its growth-control function. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:2360-70 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Hippo signalling controls growth and apical domain size by distinct mechanisms. ..
- Acar M, Jafar Nejad H, Takeuchi H, Rajan A, Ibrani D, Rana N, et al. Rumi is a CAP10 domain glycosyltransferase that modifies Notch and is required for Notch signaling. Cell. 2008;132:247-58 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that by O-glucosylating Notch in the ER, Rumi regulates its folding and/or trafficking and allows signaling at the cell membrane. ..
- Jung S, Evans C, Uemura C, Banerjee U. The Drosophila lymph gland as a developmental model of hematopoiesis. Development. 2005;132:2521-33 pubmed..The cellular events identified in this analysis further establish Drosophila as a model system for hematopoiesis. ..
- De Graeve F, Jagla T, Daponte J, Rickert C, Dastugue B, Urban J, et al. The ladybird homeobox genes are essential for the specification of a subpopulation of neural cells. Dev Biol. 2004;270:122-34 pubmed
- Glittenberg M, Pitsouli C, Garvey C, Delidakis C, Bray S. Role of conserved intracellular motifs in Serrate signalling, cis-inhibition and endocytosis. EMBO J. 2006;25:4697-706 pubmed..The balance of ubiquitinated/unubiquitinated ligand will thus affect the signalling capacity of the cell at several levels. ..
- Sun J, Deng W. Notch-dependent downregulation of the homeodomain gene cut is required for the mitotic cycle/endocycle switch and cell differentiation in Drosophila follicle cells. Development. 2005;132:4299-308 pubmed..We show that the homeodomain gene cut functions as a linker between Notch and genes that are involved in cell-cycle progression...
- Wang W, Struhl G. Distinct roles for Mind bomb, Neuralized and Epsin in mediating DSL endocytosis and signaling in Drosophila. Development. 2005;132:2883-94 pubmed..These results support and extend our previous proposal that mono-ubiquitination of DSL ligands allows them to gain access to a select, Epsin-dependent, endocytic pathway that they must normally enter to activate Notch. ..
- Pickup A, Ming L, Lipshitz H. Hindsight modulates Delta expression during Drosophila cone cell induction. Development. 2009;136:975-82 pubmed publisher..As hindsight mutants have normal R7 cell-fate determination, we infer that there is a lower threshold of Delta required for R7 specification than for cone-cell induction. ..
- Sun J, Deng W. Hindsight mediates the role of notch in suppressing hedgehog signaling and cell proliferation. Dev Cell. 2007;12:431-42 pubmed..To do so, it represses string, Cut, and Hedgehog signaling, which promote proliferation during early oogenesis...
- Wang C, Sun Y. Segregation of eye and antenna fates maintained by mutual antagonism in Drosophila. Development. 2012;139:3413-21 pubmed publisher..The eye or antenna differs at mid second instar with the restricted expression of Cut (Ct), a homeodomain transcriptional repressor, in the antenna disc and Eyeless (Ey), a Pax6 transcriptional ..
- Lei E, Corces V. RNA interference machinery influences the nuclear organization of a chromatin insulator. Nat Genet. 2006;38:936-41 pubmed..These results suggest that the RNAi machinery acts as a modulator of nuclear architecture capable of effecting global changes in gene expression. ..