Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: csul
Alias: CG3730, Csul, DART5, Dart5, Dmel\CG3730, JBP1, PRMT5, dPRMT5, dart5, dprmt5, capsuleen, CG3730-PA, CG3730-PB, capsuleenn, csul-PA, csul-PB, drosophila arginine methyltransferase 5
Species: fruit fly
- Sato K, Iwasaki Y, Shibuya A, Carninci P, Tsuchizawa Y, Ishizu H, et al. Krimper Enforces an Antisense Bias on piRNA Pools by Binding AGO3 in the Drosophila Germline. Mol Cell. 2015;59:553-63 pubmed publisher..Upon krimp-RNAi in OSCs, AGO3 loads with piRNAs, further showing the capacity of AGO3 for primary piRNA loading. We propose that Krimp enforces an antisense bias on piRNA pools by binding AGO3 and blocking its access to primary piRNAs. ..
- Pollack B, Kotenko S, He W, Izotova L, Barnoski B, Pestka S. The human homologue of the yeast proteins Skb1 and Hsl7p interacts with Jak kinases and contains protein methyltransferase activity. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:31531-42 pubmed..We demonstrate that this protein is a protein methyltransferase. This protein, designated JBP1 (Jak-binding protein 1), and its homologues contain motifs conserved among protein methyltransferases...
- Liu L, Qi H, Wang J, Lin H. PAPI, a novel TUDOR-domain protein, complexes with AGO3, ME31B and TRAL in the nuage to silence transposition. Development. 2011;138:1863-73 pubmed publisher..The localization of PAPI to the nuage does not require the arginine methyltransferase dPRMT5 or AGO3...
- Kroiss M, Brünger K, Wiesner J, Grimmler M, Sickmann A, Fischer U. Native purification of protein and RNA-protein complexes using a novel affinity procedure. Fly (Austin). 2009;3:221-8 pubmed..We demonstrate that this tag is suitable for the purification of proteinaceous assemblies such as the PRMT5-complex and RNA-protein complexes such as snoRNPs from Drosophila Schneider2 cells...
- Boulanger M, Miranda T, Clarke S, Di Fruscio M, Suter B, Lasko P, et al. Characterization of the Drosophila protein arginine methyltransferases DART1 and DART4. Biochem J. 2004;379:283-9 pubmed..with the mammalian PRMT nomenclature, DART1, DART4, DART5 and DART7 are the putative homologues of PRMT1, PRMT4, PRMT5 and PRMT7. Other DART family members have a closer resemblance to PRMT1, but do not have identifiable homologues...
- Liu J, Gall J. U bodies are cytoplasmic structures that contain uridine-rich small nuclear ribonucleoproteins and associate with P bodies. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:11655-9 pubmed..The identification of U bodies provides an opportunity to correlate specific biochemical steps of snRNP biogenesis with structural features of the cytoplasm. ..
- Anne J. Arginine methylation of SmB is required for Drosophila germ cell development. Development. 2010;137:2819-28 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate a crucial role of arginine methylation in directing the subcellular localisation of SmB and that this modification contributes specifically to the establishment and development of germ cells. ..
- Olivieri D, Sykora M, Sachidanandam R, Mechtler K, Brennecke J. An in vivo RNAi assay identifies major genetic and cellular requirements for primary piRNA biogenesis in Drosophila. EMBO J. 2010;29:3301-17 pubmed publisher..Loss of Zucchini leads to an accumulation of Piwi and Armitage in Yb bodies, indicating that Yb bodies are sites of primary piRNA biogenesis. ..
- Kibanov M, Gvozdev V, Olenina L. Germ granules in spermatogenesis of Drosophila: Evidences of contribution to the piRNA silencing. Commun Integr Biol. 2012;5:130-3 pubmed publisher..In this mini-review, we analyze the recent published data about structure and functions of Drosophila male germ granules, and especially their involvement in the piRNA silencing pathway. ..
- Wang Y, Wang J, Chen C, Chen Y, Li C. A novel BLAST-Based Relative Distance (BBRD) method can effectively group members of protein arginine methyltransferases and suggest their evolutionary relationship. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2015;84:101-11 pubmed publisher..The PRMT7/9 branch then connects with the type II PRMT5. Some non-vertebrates contain different PRMTs without high sequence homology with the mammalian PRMTs...
- Le Guezennec X, Vermeulen M, Brinkman A, Hoeijmakers W, Cohen A, Lasonder E, et al. MBD2/NuRD and MBD3/NuRD, two distinct complexes with different biochemical and functional properties. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:843-51 pubmed..We identified DOC-1, a putative tumor suppressor, as a novel core subunit of MBD2/NuRD as well as MBD3/NuRD. PRMT5 and its cofactor MEP50 were identified as specific MBD2/NuRD interactors...
- Arkov A, Ramos A. Building RNA-protein granules: insight from the germline. Trends Cell Biol. 2010;20:482-90 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a widespread use of several protein motifs in germline development and further our understanding of other ribonucleoprotein structures, for example, processing bodies and neuronal granules. ..
- Gonsalvez G, Rajendra T, Wen Y, Praveen K, Matera A. Sm proteins specify germ cell fate by facilitating oskar mRNA localization. Development. 2010;137:2341-51 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Sm proteins function to establish the germline in Drosophila, at least in part by mediating oskar mRNA localization. ..
- King Jones K, Charles J, Lam G, Thummel C. The ecdysone-induced DHR4 orphan nuclear receptor coordinates growth and maturation in Drosophila. Cell. 2005;121:773-84 pubmed..We propose that DHR4 coordinates growth and maturation in Drosophila by mediating endocrine responses to the attainment of critical weight during larval development. ..
- Marhold J, Papagiannouli F, Li M, Patel A, Mechler B. Requirements for scribble expression in newly formed gonads of Drosophila embryos. Gene Expr Patterns. 2003;3:143-6 pubmed..In contrast, Scrib1 synthesis in pole cells required contact with gonadal mesodermal cells as revealed by the absence of Scrib1 in wunen or tinman-zinc finger homeodomain-1 pseudo-gonads made only of aggregated pole cells. ..
- Sanchez S, Petrillo E, Beckwith E, Zhang X, Rugnone M, Hernando C, et al. A methyl transferase links the circadian clock to the regulation of alternative splicing. Nature. 2010;468:112-6 pubmed publisher..Here we show that PROTEIN ARGININE METHYL TRANSFERASE 5 (PRMT5), which transfers methyl groups to arginine residues present in histones and Sm spliceosomal proteins, links the ..
- Sanchez S, Petrillo E, Kornblihtt A, Yanovsky M. Alternative splicing at the right time. RNA Biol. 2011;8:954-9 pubmed publisher..recent evidence linking circadian clock and AS, and discuss the role of Protein Arginine Methyltransferase 5 (PRMT5) in these processes...