Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: crn
Description: crooked neck
Alias: 62D9.a, CG18842, CG3193, Crn, Dmel\CG3193, EG:30B8.1, N10, RC63, l(1)2Fa, l(1)CRN, l(1)N7, l(1)crn, l30, yok, crooked neck, CG3193-PA, crn-PA, yolky
Species: fruit fly
- Liu J, Ghanim M, Xue L, Brown C, Iossifov I, Angeletti C, et al. Analysis of Drosophila segmentation network identifies a JNK pathway factor overexpressed in kidney cancer. Science. 2009;323:1218-22 pubmed publisher..SPOP expression distinguished histological subtypes of RCC and facilitated identification of clear cell RCC as the primary tumor for metastatic lesions. ..
- Burnette J, Hatton A, Lopez A. Trans-acting factors required for inclusion of regulated exons in the Ultrabithorax mRNAs of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1999;151:1517-29 pubmed..mI and mII inclusion were also observed in heterozygotes for loss-of-function alleles of virilizer, fl(2)d, and crooked neck. The products of virilizer and fl(2)d are also required for Sxl autoregulation at the level of splicing; ..
- Gvozdev V, Gostimsky S, Gerasimova T, Dubrovskaya E, Braslavskaya O. Fine genetic structure of the 2D3-2F5 region of the X-chromosome of Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Gen Genet. 1975;141:269-75 pubmed..The Pgd locus coding for 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase (6PGD) is mapped in the 2D3 (OR 2D4) band. Isolation of 11 lethal or semilethal point mutations with null or reduced 6PGD activity shows that the Pgd locus is a vital one. ..
- Gateff E. The genetics and epigenetics of neoplasms in Drosophila. Biol Rev Camb Philos Soc. 1978;53:123-68 pubmed
- Preker P, Keller W. The HAT helix, a repetitive motif implicated in RNA processing. Trends Biochem Sci. 1998;23:15-6 pubmed
- Volohonsky G, Edenfeld G, Klämbt C, Volk T. Muscle-dependent maturation of tendon cells is induced by post-transcriptional regulation of stripeA. Development. 2007;134:347-56 pubmed..Consistently, stripeA mRNA is specifically reduced in embryos mutant for the splicing factor Crn, which physically interacts with How(S)...
- Haenlin M, Steller H, Pirrotta V, Mohier E. A 43 kilobase cosmid P transposon rescues the fs(1)K10 morphogenetic locus and three adjacent Drosophila developmental mutants. Cell. 1985;40:827-37 pubmed..It also rescued three genes, crooked neck, pecanex, and kurz, which map genetically near K10...
- Zhang K, Smouse D, Perrimon N. The crooked neck gene of Drosophila contains a motif found in a family of yeast cell cycle genes. Genes Dev. 1991;5:1080-91 pubmedThe crooked neck (crn) gene of Drosophila encodes a protein of 702 amino acids and contains 16 tandemly arranged copies of a 34-amino-acid repeat that is similar to the tetratrico peptide repeat (TPR)...
- Lai C, Chiu J, Lin W. Identification of the human crooked neck gene by comparative gene identification. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2001;1517:449-54 pubmed..database interrogations, we found several putative full-length human gene transcripts, including the human crooked neck (crn) gene...
- Perrimon N, Engstrom L, Mahowald A. Developmental genetics of the 2E-F region of the Drosophila X chromosome: a region rich in "developmentally important" genes. Genetics. 1984;108:559-72 pubmed..two are recessive embryonic lethals: hemizygous giant (gt) embryos possess segmental defects, and hemizygous crooked neck (crn) embryos exhibit a twisted phenotype...
- Goebl M, Yanagida M. The TPR snap helix: a novel protein repeat motif from mitosis to transcription. Trends Biochem Sci. 1991;16:173-7 pubmed..These multi-domain proteins all contain tandemly arranged repeats of a 34-amino acid motif that are presumed to form helix-turn structures, each with a 'knob' and 'hole', acting as helix-associating domains. ..