Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cp38
Description: Chorion protein 38
Alias: ACE1, CG11213, CP38, Dmel\CG11213, Dms38, S38, cp38, s38, s38-1, chorion protein 38, CG11213-PA, CG11213-PB, Cp38-PA, Cp38-PB, Shell-38, chorion prot 38
Species: fruit fly
- Spradling A, Mahowald A. Amplification of genes for chorion proteins during oogenesis in Drosophila melanogaster. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1980;77:1096-100 pubmed
- Vlachou D, Komitopoulou K. The chorion genes of the medfly. II. DNA sequence evolution of the autosomal chorion genes s18, s15, s19 and s16 in Diptera. Gene. 2001;270:41-52 pubmed..melanogaster. Analysis of the nucleotide composition of all chorion genes in C. capitata and D. melanogaster showed that C. capitata exhibit less biased representation of synonymous codons than does D. melanogaster. ..
- Orr Weaver T. Drosophila chorion genes: cracking the eggshell's secrets. Bioessays. 1991;13:97-105 pubmed..Regulatory elements for temporal as well as spatial control of chorion gene expression have been characterized, and two candidate transcription factor genes have been cloned. ..
- Romano C, Martinez Cruzado J, Kafatos F. The relative importance of transcriptional and post transcriptional regulation of Drosophila chorion gene expression during oogenesis. Dev Genet. 1991;12:196-205 pubmed..For the s15, s16, s18, s36, and s38 chorion genes, the periods of intense transcription are as predicted from the dynamics of RNA accumulation and ..
- Osheim Y, Miller O, Beyer A. Two Drosophila chorion genes terminate transcription in discrete regions near their poly(A) sites. EMBO J. 1986;5:3591-6 pubmedWe have examined transcription termination of two closely linked Drosophila melanogaster chorion genes, s36-1 and s38-1, using the electron microscope. Our method is unusual and is independent of in vitro nuclear run-on transcription...
- Niepielko M, Marmion R, Kim K, Luor D, Ray C, Yakoby N. Chorion patterning: a window into gene regulation and Drosophila species' relatedness. Mol Biol Evol. 2014;31:154-64 pubmed publisher..Expression domains are regulated cooperatively or independently by signaling pathways, supporting that complex patterns are combinatorially assembled from simple domains. ..
- Hackney J, Pucci C, Naes E, Dobens L. Ras signaling modulates activity of the ecdysone receptor EcR during cell migration in the Drosophila ovary. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:1213-26 pubmed..Our results indicate that tissue-specific modulation of EcR activity by the Ras signaling pathway refines temporal ecdysone signals that regulate FC differentiation and cadherin-mediated epithelial cell shape changes. ..
- Wakimoto B, Kalfayan L, Spradling A. Developmentally regulated expression of Drosophila chorion genes introduced at diverse chromosomal positions. J Mol Biol. 1986;187:33-45 pubmed..gene transfer was used to study the regulation of genes encoding the major chorion proteins s15-1 and s38-1...
- Spradling A, Mahowald A. Identification and genetic localization of mRNAs from ovarian follicle cells of Drosophila melanogaster. Cell. 1979;16:589-98 pubmed
- Guven Ozkan T, Busto G, Schutte S, Cervantes Sandoval I, O Dowd D, Davis R. MiR-980 Is a Memory Suppressor MicroRNA that Regulates the Autism-Susceptibility Gene A2bp1. Cell Rep. 2016;14:1698-1709 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate thatÂ miR-980 represses A2bp1 expression to tune theÂ excitable state of neurons, and the overall state of excitability translates to memory impairment or improvement. ..
- Osheim Y, Miller O, Beyer A. RNP particles at splice junction sequences on Drosophila chorion transcripts. Cell. 1985;43:143-51 pubmed..play a role in RNA processing, we have correlated the nascent transcript morphology of Drosophila chorion s36-1 and s38-1 genes with their nucleotide sequences...
- Komitopoulou K, Margaritis L, Kafatos F. Structural and biochemical studies on four sex-linked chorion mutants of Drosophila melanogaster. Dev Genet. 1988;9:37-48 pubmed..and disruption of the endochorion, correlated with underproduction of the six major chorion proteins, s15-s38; the phenotypes are consistent with the observation that these mutants interfere with amplification of the major ..
- Sass G, Mohler J, Walsh R, Kalfayan L, Searles L. Structure and expression of hybrid dysgenesis-induced alleles of the ovarian tumor (otu) gene in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1993;133:253-63 pubmed..The results of this study demonstrate that the diverse mutant phenotypes of otu are the consequence of different levels of otu function. ..
- Liu J, MCCONNELL K, Dixon M, Calvi B. Analysis of model replication origins in Drosophila reveals new aspects of the chromatin landscape and its relationship to origin activity and the prereplicative complex. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:200-12 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal new insights into the origin epigenetic landscape and lead us to propose a chromatin switch model to explain the coordination of origin and promoter activity during development. ..
- Mazina O, Belyaeva E, Zhimulev I. Cytogenetical analysis of the 2B3-4-2B11 region of the X chromosome of Drosophila melanogaster. VII. Influence of the ecs locus on female fertility. Mol Gen Genet. 1991;225:99-105 pubmed..Thus, an ecs product, which controls cell sensitivity to ecdysterone is also necessary for female fertility.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Fargnoli J, Waring G. Identification and cytogenetic localization of vitelline membrane messenger RNAs in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 1984;105:41-7 pubmed..The results suggest that the structural genes coding for the small vitelline membrane proteins are localized at two sites on the second chromosome: 39DE and 42A. ..
- Baker D, Russell S. Gene expression during Drosophila melanogaster egg development before and after reproductive diapause. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:242 pubmed publisher..We believe that our dataset will facilitate further exploration of the developmental and evolutionary characteristics of oogenesis as well as the nature of reproductive arrest in Drosophila. ..
- Parks S, Wakimoto B, Spradling A. Replication and expression of an X-linked cluster of Drosophila chorion genes. Dev Biol. 1986;117:294-305 pubmed..A tandem cluster of six genes, encoding chorion structural proteins s36-1, s38-1, and four putative minor chorion protein mRNAs, was mapped in the central 18 kb of the amplified domain, a region ..
- Hamodrakas S, Batrinou A, Christophoratou T. Structural and functional features of Drosophila chorion proteins s36 and s38 from analysis of primary structure and infrared spectroscopy. Int J Biol Macromol. 1989;11:307-13 pubmed..structure prediction methods strongly support a tripartite structure for Drosophila chorion proteins s36 and s38. Each protein consists of a central domain and two flanking 'arms'...