Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: COX4
Description: Cytochrome c oxidase subunit 4
Alias: C-IV s.4, CG10664, COX, COX IV, COXIV, CX41, CX42, CcO IV, CoIV, Cox4, CoxIV, Dmel\CG10664, cox4, dCOX-IV, cytochrome c oxidase subunit 4, CG10664-PA, CG10664-PB, CG10664-PC, CG10664-PD, COX4-PA, COX4-PB, COX4-PC, COX4-PD, cytochrome c oxidase, cytochrome c oxidase IV, cytochrome c oxidase polypeptide IV, cytochrome c oxidase subunit IV, subunit IV
Species: fruit fly
- Porcelli D, Oliva M, Duchi S, Latorre D, Cavaliere V, Barsanti P, et al. Genetic, functional and evolutionary characterization of scox, the Drosophila melanogaster ortholog of the human SCO1 gene. Mitochondrion. 2010;10:433-48 pubmed publisherSCO proteins are copper-donor chaperones involved in the assembly of mitochondrial cytochrome c oxidase (COX)...
- Kemppainen K, Rinne J, Sriram A, Lakanmaa M, Zeb A, Tuomela T, et al. Expression of alternative oxidase in Drosophila ameliorates diverse phenotypes due to cytochrome oxidase deficiency. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:2078-93 pubmed publisher..These findings confirm the potential utility of alternative respiratory chain enzymes as tools to combat mitochondrial disease, while indicating important limitations thereof. ..
- Dijkers P, O Farrell P. Dissection of a hypoxia-induced, nitric oxide-mediated signaling cascade. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:4083-90 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal the use of unconventional steps in an NO pathway involved in sensing hypoxia and initiating signaling. ..
- Ren J, Rebrin I, Klichko V, Orr W, Sohal R. Cytochrome c oxidase loses catalytic activity and structural integrity during the aging process in Drosophila melanogaster. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;401:64-8 pubmed publisherThe hypothesis, that structural deterioration of cytochrome c oxidase (CcO) is a causal factor in the age-related decline in mitochondrial respiratory activity and an increase in H?O? generation, was tested in Drosophila melanogaster...
- Lim D, Lee L, Oh C, Kim N, Hwang S, Han S, et al. Microarray analysis of Drosophila dicer-2 mutants reveals potential regulation of mitochondrial metabolism by endogenous siRNAs. J Cell Biochem. 2013;114:418-27 pubmed publisher..Our data support a potential role for the endo-siRNA pathway in energy homeostasis through regulation of mitochondrial metabolism. ..