Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: complexin
Alias: BcDNA:GH27718, BcDNA:HL04936, BcDNA:RH26459, BcDNA:RH31085, CG32490, CPX, Cpx, DmCpx, Dmel\CG32490, dmCplx, complexin, CG32490-PA, CG32490-PAA, CG32490-PAB, CG32490-PC, CG32490-PE, CG32490-PG, CG32490-PH, CG32490-PI, CG32490-PJ, CG32490-PK, CG32490-PL, CG32490-PM, CG32490-PO, CG32490-PP, CG32490-PS, CG32490-PU, CG32490-PV, CG32490-PW, CG32490-PX, CG32490-PY, CG32490-PZ, cpx-PA, cpx-PAA, cpx-PAB, cpx-PC, cpx-PE, cpx-PG, cpx-PH, cpx-PI, cpx-PJ, cpx-PK, cpx-PL, cpx-PM, cpx-PO, cpx-PP, cpx-PS, cpx-PU, cpx-PV, cpx-PW, cpx-PX, cpx-PY, cpx-PZ
Species: fruit fly
- Lowe N, Rees J, Roote J, Ryder E, Armean I, Johnson G, et al. Analysis of the expression patterns, subcellular localisations and interaction partners of Drosophila proteins using a pigP protein trap library. Development. 2014;141:3994-4005 pubmed publisher..Our resource substantially increases the number of available protein traps in Drosophila and identifies new markers for cellular organelles and structures. ..
- Stark A, Kheradpour P, Parts L, Brennecke J, Hodges E, Hannon G, et al. Systematic discovery and characterization of fly microRNAs using 12 Drosophila genomes. Genome Res. 2007;17:1865-79 pubmed..For mir-10 in particular, both arms show abundant processing, and both show highly conserved target sites in Hox genes, suggesting a possible cooperation of the two arms, and their role as a master Hox regulator. ..
- Pabst S, Hazzard J, Antonin W, Sudhof T, Jahn R, Rizo J, et al. Selective interaction of complexin with the neuronal SNARE complex. Determination of the binding regions. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:19808-18 pubmed..Using purified proteins, we have performed a detailed analysis of the structure of complexin and of its interaction with SNARE proteins...
- Vasin A, Volfson D, Littleton J, Bykhovskaia M. Interaction of the Complexin Accessory Helix with Synaptobrevin Regulates Spontaneous Fusion. Biophys J. 2016;111:1954-1964 pubmed publisher..A cytosolic protein, Complexin (Cpx), binds the SNARE complex and restricts spontaneous exocytosis by acting as a fusion clamp...
- Buhl L, Jorquera R, Akbergenova Y, Huntwork Rodriguez S, Volfson D, Littleton J. Differential regulation of evoked and spontaneous neurotransmitter release by C-terminal modifications of complexin. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2013;52:161-72 pubmed publisher..Here, we demonstrate that the C-terminus of Drosophila complexin (DmCpx) regulates localization to synapses and that alternative splicing of the C-terminus can differentially ..
- Xue M, Lin Y, Pan H, Reim K, Deng H, Bellen H, et al. Tilting the balance between facilitatory and inhibitory functions of mammalian and Drosophila Complexins orchestrates synaptic vesicle exocytosis. Neuron. 2009;64:367-80 pubmed publisher..Drosophila cause apparently opposite effects on neurotransmitter release, leading to contradictory hypotheses of Complexin function. Reconstitution experiments with different fusion assays and Complexins also yield conflicting results...
- Barber C, Jorquera R, Melom J, Littleton J. Postsynaptic regulation of synaptic plasticity by synaptotagmin 4 requires both C2 domains. J Cell Biol. 2009;187:295-310 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Syt 4 regulates activity-dependent release of postsynaptic retrograde signals that promote synaptic plasticity, similar to the role of Syt 1 as a Ca(2+) sensor for presynaptic vesicle fusion. ..
- Choi B, Imlach W, Jiao W, Wolfram V, Wu Y, Grbic M, et al. Miniature neurotransmission regulates Drosophila synaptic structural maturation. Neuron. 2014;82:618-34 pubmed publisher..Our results establish that miniature neurotransmission, a universal but often-overlooked feature of synapses, has unique and essential functions in vivo. ..
- Cho R, Kümmel D, Li F, Baguley S, Coleman J, Rothman J, et al. Genetic analysis of the Complexin trans-clamping model for cross-linking SNARE complexes in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:10317-22 pubmed publisherb>Complexin (Cpx) is a SNARE-binding protein that regulates neurotransmission by clamping spontaneous synaptic vesicle fusion in the absence of Ca(2+) influx while promoting evoked release in response to an action potential...
- Sabeva N, Cho R, Vasin A, González A, Littleton J, Bykhovskaia M. Complexin Mutants Reveal Partial Segregation between Recycling Pathways That Drive Evoked and Spontaneous Neurotransmission. J Neurosci. 2017;37:383-396 pubmed publisher..Genetic deletion of the SNARE-binding protein complexin dramatically increases spontaneous fusion, with the protein serving as the synaptic vesicle fusion clamp at ..
- Rieder L, Savva Y, Reyna M, Chang Y, Dorsky J, Rezaei A, et al. Dynamic response of RNA editing to temperature in Drosophila. BMC Biol. 2015;13:1 pubmed publisher..Environmental cues, in this case temperature, rapidly reprogram the Drosophila transcriptome through RNA editing, presumably resulting in altered proteomic ratios of edited and unedited proteins. ..