Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CLIP-190
Description: Cytoplasmic linker protein 190
Alias: CG5020, CLIP190, Clip- 190, Clip-190, Clip190, D-CLIP-19, D-CLIP-190, D-CLIP-195, D-CLIP-90, D-Clip-190, Dmel\CG5020, cytoplasmic linker protein 190, CG5020-PA, CG5020-PB, CG5020-PC, CG5020-PI, CG5020-PJ, CG5020-PM, CG5020-PN, CG5020-PO, CG5020-PP, CG5020-PQ, CG5020-PR, CG5020-PS, CG5020-PT, CG5020-PV, CLIP-190-PA, CLIP-190-PB, CLIP-190-PC, CLIP-190-PI, CLIP-190-PJ, CLIP-190-PM, CLIP-190-PN, CLIP-190-PO, CLIP-190-PP, CLIP-190-PQ, CLIP-190-PR, CLIP-190-PS, CLIP-190-PT, CLIP-190-PV, cytoplasmic linker protein-190
Species: fruit fly
- Sisson J, Field C, Ventura R, Royou A, Sullivan W. Lava lamp, a novel peripheral golgi protein, is required for Drosophila melanogaster cellularization. J Cell Biol. 2000;151:905-18 pubmed..Biochemical analysis demonstrates that Lva physically interacts with the MMAPs Spectrin and CLIP190. We suggest that Lva and Spectrin may form a Golgi-based scaffold that mediates the interaction of Golgi bodies ..
- Currie J, Stewman S, Schimizzi G, Slep K, Ma A, Rogers S. The microtubule lattice and plus-end association of Drosophila Mini spindles is spatially regulated to fine-tune microtubule dynamics. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:4343-61 pubmed publisher..These novel microtubule contact sites are necessary for the interplay between the conserved TOG domains and inter-TOG MT binding that underlies the ability of Msps to promote MT dynamic instability. ..
- Schulman V, Folker E, Rosen J, Baylies M. Syd/JIP3 and JNK signaling are required for myonuclear positioning and muscle function. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004880 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we implicate Syd/JIP3 as a novel regulator of myogenesis that is required for proper intracellular organization and tissue function. ..
- Maiato H, Sampaio P, Lemos C, Findlay J, Carmena M, Earnshaw W, et al. MAST/Orbit has a role in microtubule-kinetochore attachment and is essential for chromosome alignment and maintenance of spindle bipolarity. J Cell Biol. 2002;157:749-60 pubmed..Together, these results strongly support the conclusion that MAST/Orbit is required for microtubules to form functional attachments to kinetochores and to maintain spindle bipolarity. ..
- Kwon M, Godinho S, Chandhok N, Ganem N, Azioune A, Thery M, et al. Mechanisms to suppress multipolar divisions in cancer cells with extra centrosomes. Genes Dev. 2008;22:2189-203 pubmed publisher..Thus, morphological features of cancer cells can be linked to unique genetic requirements for survival. ..
- Slep K, Rogers S, Elliott S, Ohkura H, Kolodziej P, Vale R. Structural determinants for EB1-mediated recruitment of APC and spectraplakins to the microtubule plus end. J Cell Biol. 2005;168:587-98 pubmed..These results provide a structural understanding of how EB1 binds two regulators of microtubule-based cell polarity. ..
- Yamashita R, Sellers J, Anderson J. Identification and analysis of the myosin superfamily in Drosophila: a database approach. J Muscle Res Cell Motil. 2000;21:491-505 pubmed..In the future comparative genomics will hopefully lead to the placement of these myosins into new classes. ..
- Moutinho Pereira S, Debec A, Maiato H. Microtubule cytoskeleton remodeling by acentriolar microtubule-organizing centers at the entry and exit from mitosis in Drosophila somatic cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:2796-808 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal a new form of cell cycle-regulated MTOCs that contribute for MT cytoskeleton remodeling during mitotic spindle assembly/disassembly in animal somatic cells, independently of centrioles. ..
- Sloboda R. Membrane trafficking and the cytoskeleton: an integrated view. ASCB/EMBO/Dudley Wright Summer Research Conference, Santa Maria Imbaro, Italy, June 26-30, 1999. EMBO J. 1999;18:5447-52 pubmed
- Nakano A, Takashima S. LKB1 and AMP-activated protein kinase: regulators of cell polarity. Genes Cells. 2012;17:737-47 pubmed publisher..Here, we review the mechanisms and factors responsible for organizing cell polarity and the role of LKB1 and AMPK in cell polarity. ..
- Foussard H, Ferrer P, Valenti P, Polesello C, Carreno S, Payre F. LRCH proteins: a novel family of cytoskeletal regulators. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12257 pubmed publisher..Here we report the characterization of a novel family of evolutionary conserved proteins, which display specific features of cytoskeletal scaffolding proteins, referred to as LRCHs...
- Dix C, Soundararajan H, Dzhindzhev N, Begum F, Suter B, Ohkura H, et al. Lissencephaly-1 promotes the recruitment of dynein and dynactin to transported mRNAs. J Cell Biol. 2013;202:479-94 pubmed publisher..Our data therefore reveal a critical role for Lis1 within the mRNA localization machinery and suggest a model in which Lis1 facilitates motor complex association with cargos by promoting the interaction of dynein with dynactin. ..
- Papoulas O, Hays T, Sisson J. The golgin Lava lamp mediates dynein-based Golgi movements during Drosophila cellularization. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:612-8 pubmed..Our results provide new evidence that golgins promote dynein-based motility of Golgi membranes. ..
- Mathe E, Inoue Y, Palframan W, Brown G, Glover D. Orbit/Mast, the CLASP orthologue of Drosophila, is required for asymmetric stem cell and cystocyte divisions and development of the polarised microtubule network that interconnects oocyte and nurse cells during oogenesis. Development. 2003;130:901-15 pubmed..The localisation of CLIP-190 to such microtubules and to the fusome is dependent upon Orbit/Mast to which it is complexed. ..
- Beaven R, Dzhindzhev N, Qu Y, Hahn I, Dajas Bailador F, Ohkura H, et al. Drosophila CLIP-190 and mammalian CLIP-170 display reduced microtubule plus end association in the nervous system. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:1491-508 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that +TIP functions known from nonneuronal cells do not necessarily apply to the regulation of the very distinct MT networks in axons. ..