Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Chromator
Alias: CG10712, CHRIZ, CHRIZ/CHRO, CHRO, Chiz, Chr, Chriz, Chro(Chriz), Dmel\CG10712, anon-EST:fe2E3, chromator, CG10712-PA, CG10712-PB, CG10712-PC, CG10712-PD, CG10712-PE, Chro-PA, Chro-PB, Chro-PC, Chro-PD, Chro-PE, anon-fast-evolving-2E3, chromo domain protein interacting with Z4, chromobox protein interacting with Z4
Species: fruit fly
- Rath U, Ding Y, Deng H, Qi H, Bao X, Zhang W, et al. The chromodomain protein, Chromator, interacts with JIL-1 kinase and regulates the structure of Drosophila polytene chromosomes. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:2332-41 pubmedIn this study we have generated two new hypomorphic Chro alleles and analyzed the consequences of reduced Chromator protein function on polytene chromosome structure...
- Riddle N, Minoda A, Kharchenko P, Alekseyenko A, Schwartz Y, Tolstorukov M, et al. Plasticity in patterns of histone modifications and chromosomal proteins in Drosophila heterochromatin. Genome Res. 2011;21:147-63 pubmed publisher..This comprehensive analysis provides a foundation for future studies of gene activity and chromosomal functions that are influenced by or dependent upon heterochromatin...
- Eggert H, Gortchakov A, Saumweber H. Identification of the Drosophila interband-specific protein Z4 as a DNA-binding zinc-finger protein determining chromosomal structure. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:4253-64 pubmed..By co-immunoprecipitations we identified a novel chromo domain protein, which we named Chriz (Chromo domain protein interacting with Z4) as an interaction partner of Z4...
- Gan M, Moebus S, Eggert H, Saumweber H. The Chriz-Z4 complex recruits JIL-1 to polytene chromosomes, a requirement for interband-specific phosphorylation of H3S10. J Biosci. 2011;36:425-38 pubmed..Previously, we have shown that the chromodomain protein Chriz and the zinc-finger protein Z4 are essentially required for the maintenance of polytene chromosome structure...
- Ding Y, Yao C, Lince Faria M, Rath U, Cai W, Maiato H, et al. Chromator is required for proper microtubule spindle formation and mitosis in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2009;334:253-63 pubmed publisherThe chromodomain protein, Chromator, has been shown to have multiple functions that include regulation of chromatin structure as well as coordination of muscle remodeling during metamorphosis depending on the developmental context...
- Yao C, Ding Y, Cai W, Wang C, Girton J, Johansen K, et al. The chromodomain-containing NH(2)-terminus of Chromator interacts with histone H1 and is required for correct targeting to chromatin. Chromosoma. 2012;121:209-20 pubmed publisherThe chromodomain protein, Chromator, can be divided into two main domains, a NH(2)-terminal domain (NTD) containing the chromodomain (ChD) and a COOH-terminal domain (CTD) containing a nuclear localization signal...
- Rath U, Wang D, Ding Y, Xu Y, Qi H, Blacketer M, et al. Chromator, a novel and essential chromodomain protein interacts directly with the putative spindle matrix protein skeletor. J Cell Biochem. 2004;93:1033-47 pubmedWe have used a yeast two-hybrid interaction assay to identify Chromator, a novel chromodomain containing protein that interacts directly with the putative spindle matrix protein Skeletor...
- Zielke T, Saumweber H. Dissection of open chromatin domain formation by site-specific recombination in Drosophila. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:2365-75 pubmed publisher..This fragment overlaps binding sites for the chromatin protein Chriz (also known as Chro), the histone kinase Jil-1 and the boundary element protein CP190...
- Vogelmann J, Le Gall A, Dejardin S, Allemand F, Gamot A, Labesse G, et al. Chromatin insulator factors involved in long-range DNA interactions and their role in the folding of the Drosophila genome. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004544 pubmed publisher..we investigate the molecular associations between different components of insulator complexes (BEAF32, CP190 and Chromator) by biochemical and biophysical means, and develop a novel single-molecule assay to determine what factors are ..
- Li S, Koe C, Tay S, Tan A, Zhang S, Zhang Y, et al. An intrinsic mechanism controls reactivation of neural stem cells by spindle matrix proteins. Nat Commun. 2017;8:122 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the spindle matrix complex containing Chromator (Chro) functions as a key intrinsic regulator of NSC reactivation downstream of extrinsic insulin/insulin-like ..
- Belyaeva E, Goncharov F, Demakova O, Kolesnikova T, Boldyreva L, Semeshin V, et al. Late replication domains in polytene and non-polytene cells of Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30035 pubmed publisher..IH regions can thus be defined as a special class of domains with low gene density, which have narrow temporal expression patterns, and so displaying relatively conserved organization. ..
- Yao C, Rath U, Maiato H, Sharp D, Girton J, Johansen K, et al. A nuclear-derived proteinaceous matrix embeds the microtubule spindle apparatus during mitosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:3532-41 pubmed publisher..The demonstration of an embedding spindle matrix lays the groundwork for a more complete understanding of microtubule dynamics and of the viscoelastic properties of the spindle during cell division. ..
- Prabhakaran M, Kelley R. Mutations in the transcription elongation factor SPT5 disrupt a reporter for dosage compensation in Drosophila. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1003073 pubmed publisher..We show that SPT5 interacts directly with MSL1 in vitro and is required downstream of MSL complex recruitment, providing the first mechanistic data corroborating the elongation model of dosage compensation. ..
- Maksimenko O, Bartkuhn M, Stakhov V, Herold M, Zolotarev N, Jox T, et al. Two new insulator proteins, Pita and ZIPIC, target CP190 to chromatin. Genome Res. 2015;25:89-99 pubmed publisher..These results identify two new insulator proteins and emphasize the unifying function of CP190, which can be recruited by many DNA-binding insulator proteins. ..
- Wasser M, Bte Osman Z, Chia W. EAST and Chromator control the destruction and remodeling of muscles during Drosophila metamorphosis. Dev Biol. 2007;307:380-93 pubmed..In this study, we demonstrate the role of the Drosophila nuclear proteins EAST and Chromator in tissue destruction and remodeling...
- Matzat L, Dale R, Moshkovich N, Lei E. Tissue-specific regulation of chromatin insulator function. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1003069 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data reveal a novel, tissue-specific mode of regulation of a chromatin insulator. ..
- Vatolina T, Demakov S, Semeshin V, Makunin I, Babenko V, Beliaeva E, et al. [Identification and molecular genetic characterization of the polytene chromosome interbands in Drosophila melanogaster]. Genetika. 2011;47:597-609 pubmed..In addition, interbands are enriched with the specific CHRIZ protein...
- Bao X, Cai W, Deng H, Zhang W, Krencik R, Girton J, et al. The COOH-terminal domain of the JIL-1 histone H3S10 kinase interacts with histone H3 and is required for correct targeting to chromatin. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:32741-50 pubmed publisher..Taken together these findings indicate that JIL-1 may participate in regulating chromatin structure by multiple and partially redundant mechanisms. ..
- Pascual García P, Jeong J, Capelson M. Nucleoporin Nup98 associates with Trx/MLL and NSL histone-modifying complexes and regulates Hox gene expression. Cell Rep. 2014;9:433-42 pubmed publisher..These findings introduce roles of Nup98 in epigenetic regulation that may underlie the basis of oncogenicity of Nup98 fusions in leukemia. ..
- Saberi S, FarrÃ© P, Cuvier O, Emberly E. Probing long-range interactions by extracting free energies from genome-wide chromosome conformation capture data. BMC Bioinformatics. 2015;16:171 pubmed publisher..PCA filtering can improve the fit, and the predicted coupling energies lead to biologically meaningful insights for how various chromatin bound factors influence the stability of DNA loops in chromatin. ..
- Fuda N, Guertin M, Sharma S, Danko C, Martins A, Siepel A, et al. GAGA factor maintains nucleosome-free regions and has a role in RNA polymerase II recruitment to promoters. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005108 pubmed publisher..In addition, the insulator factor BEAF, the BEAF-interacting protein Chriz, and the transcription factor M1BP are strikingly enriched on those GAF-associated genes where pausing is ..
- Chen J, Nolte V, SchlÃ¶tterer C. Temperature stress mediates decanalization and dominance of gene expression in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1004883 pubmed publisher..We propose that decanalization of gene expression in stressful environments is not only central to adaptation, but may also contribute to genetic disorders in human populations. ..
- Figueiredo M, Philip P, Stenberg P, Larsson J. HP1a recruitment to promoters is independent of H3K9 methylation in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1003061 pubmed publisher..Our results support a hypothesis in which HP1a nucleates with high affinity independently of H3K9me in promoters of active genes and then spreads via H3K9 methylation and transient looping contacts with those H3K9me target sites...
- Li L, Lyu X, Hou C, Takenaka N, Nguyen H, Ong C, et al. Widespread rearrangement of 3D chromatin organization underlies polycomb-mediated stress-induced silencing. Mol Cell. 2015;58:216-31 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the TAD organization of metazoan genomes is plastic and can be reconfigured quickly. ..
- Takács S, Biessmann H, Reddy H, Mason J, Torok T. Protein interactions on telomeric retrotransposons in Drosophila. Int J Biol Sci. 2012;8:1055-61 pubmed publisher..We have identified new protein components of the HTT array: Chromator (Chro), the TRF2/DREF complex and the sumoylation machinery...
- Ji Y, Rath U, Girton J, Johansen K, Johansen J. D-Hillarin, a novel W180-domain protein, affects cytokinesis through interaction with the septin family member Pnut. J Neurobiol. 2005;64:157-69 pubmed..Based on these results we propose that D-hil may function as a regulator of septin function during cytokinesis in the developing nervous system. ..
- Kokoza E, Kolesnikova T, Zykov I, Belyaeva E, Zhimulev I. Reversible decondensation of heterochromatin regions of Drosophila melanogaster polytene chromosomes during ectopic expression of the SuUR gene. Dokl Biol Sci. 2009;426:244-6 pubmed
- Schaaf C, Misulovin Z, Gause M, Koenig A, Dorsett D. The Drosophila enhancer of split gene complex: architecture and coordinate regulation by notch, cohesin, and polycomb group proteins. G3 (Bethesda). 2013;3:1785-94 pubmed publisher..We posit that the E(spl)-C architecture dictates where cohesin and PcG complexes bind and act when they are recruited by as yet unidentified factors, thereby controlling the E(spl)-C as a coordinated domain. ..
- Bohla D, Herold M, Panzer I, Buxa M, Ali T, Demmers J, et al. A functional insulator screen identifies NURF and dREAM components to be required for enhancer-blocking. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e107765 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the enhancer blocking function of insulators is associated with nucleosomal depletion and requires NURF and dREAM. ..
- Li G, Zhou L. Genome-wide identification of chromatin transitional regions reveals diverse mechanisms defining the boundary of facultative heterochromatin. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e67156 pubmed publisher..However, boundary-associated insulator binding sites are distinctively flanked by nucleosome destabilizing sequences, which correlates with significantly decreased nucleosome density and increased binding of co-factors. ..
- Demakov S, Vatolina T, Babenko V, Semeshin V, Belyaeva E, Zhimulev I. Protein composition of interband regions in polytene and cell line chromosomes of Drosophila melanogaster. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:566 pubmed publisher..for a specific set of proteins generally characteristic of the "open" chromatin (RNA polymerase II, CHRIZ (CHRO), BEAF-32, BRE1, dMI-2, GAF, NURF301, WDS and TRX)...