Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: chic
Alias: CG9553, Chi, Chic, D88, Dmel\CG9553, GH4, chi, l(2)27/7, profilin, sand, chickadee, CG9553-PA, CG9553-PB, CG9553-PC, CG9553-PD, CG9553-PE, CG9553-PF, DProfilin, chic-PA, chic-PB, chic-PC, chic-PD, chic-PE, chic-PF, chicadee, chickaddee, profilin, stranded
Species: fruit fly
- BarkÃ³ S, Bugyi B, Carlier M, Gombos R, Matusek T, MihÃ¡ly J, et al. Characterization of the biochemical properties and biological function of the formin homology domains of Drosophila DAAM. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:13154-69 pubmed publisher..properties of Drosophila melanogaster DAAM-FH2 and DAAM-FH1-FH2 fragments and their interactions with actin and profilin by using various biophysical methods and in vivo experiments...
- Benlali A, Draskovic I, Hazelett D, Treisman J. act up controls actin polymerization to alter cell shape and restrict Hedgehog signaling in the Drosophila eye disc. Cell. 2000;101:271-81 pubmed..In contrast, profilin promotes actin filament polymerization, acting epistatically to acu...
- Verheyen E, Cooley L. Profilin mutations disrupt multiple actin-dependent processes during Drosophila development. Development. 1994;120:717-28 pubmedThe chickadee gene of Drosophila encodes profilin, a small actin binding protein. We present the first analysis of the effects of profilin deletion in a multicellular organism...
- Vactor D, Sink H, Fambrough D, Tsoo R, Goodman C. Genes that control neuromuscular specificity in Drosophila. Cell. 1993;73:1137-53 pubmed..We focus on 5 genes required for specific aspects of pathway (beaten path, stranded, and short stop) and target (walkabout and clueless) recognition...
- Frank D, Hopmann R, Lenartowska M, Miller K. Capping protein and the Arp2/3 complex regulate nonbundle actin filament assembly to indirectly control actin bundle positioning during Drosophila melanogaster bristle development. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:3930-9 pubmed..In addition, our results suggest that the Arpc1 subunit may have an additional function, independent of the rest of the Arp2/3 complex. ..
- Baum B, Perrimon N. Spatial control of the actin cytoskeleton in Drosophila epithelial cells. Nat Cell Biol. 2001;3:883-90 pubmed..We find that profilin and cofilin regulate actin-filament formation throughout the cell cortex...
- Magie C, Meyer M, Gorsuch M, Parkhurst S. Mutations in the Rho1 small GTPase disrupt morphogenesis and segmentation during early Drosophila development. Development. 1999;126:5353-64 pubmed..We also show that Rho1 interacts both genetically and physically with concertina, a G(alpha) protein involved in cell shape changes during gastrulation. ..
- Peifer M, Orsulic S, Sweeton D, Wieschaus E. A role for the Drosophila segment polarity gene armadillo in cell adhesion and cytoskeletal integrity during oogenesis. Development. 1993;118:1191-207 pubmed..The implications of these results for the role of adhesive junctions during development are discussed. ..
- Matusek T, Gombos R, Szécsényi A, Sanchez Soriano N, Czibula A, Pataki C, et al. Formin proteins of the DAAM subfamily play a role during axon growth. J Neurosci. 2008;28:13310-9 pubmed publisher..immunoprecipitation and protein localization studies argue that dDAAM acts in concert with Rac GTPases, Profilin and Enabled during axonal growth regulation...
- Hopmann R, Miller K. A balance of capping protein and profilin functions is required to regulate actin polymerization in Drosophila bristle. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:118-28 pubmed..of a differentiating cell, we have studied an instructive genetic interaction between mutations in profilin (chickadee) and capping protein (cpb)...
- Deshpande G, Calhoun G, Schedl P. The drosophila fragile X protein dFMR1 is required during early embryogenesis for pole cell formation and rapid nuclear division cycles. Genetics. 2006;174:1287-98 pubmed..While the aberrations in nuclear division are correlated with a defect in the assembly of centromeric/centric heterochromatin, the defects in pole cell formation are associated with alterations in the actin-myosin cytoskeleton. ..
- Okumura T, Fujiwara H, Taniguchi K, Kuroda J, Nakazawa N, Nakamura M, et al. Left-right asymmetric morphogenesis of the anterior midgut depends on the activation of a non-muscle myosin II in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2010;344:693-706 pubmed publisher..Taken together with previous studies in vertebrates, the involvement of myosin II in LR asymmetric morphogenesis might be conserved evolutionarily. ..
- Groen C, Jayo A, Parsons M, Tootle T. Prostaglandins regulate nuclear localization of Fascin and its function in nucleolar architecture. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:1901-17 pubmed publisher..This localization is specific to Fascin, as other actin-binding proteins, Villin and Profilin, do not exhibit the same subcellular distribution...
- Newton I, Savytskyy O, Sheehan K. Wolbachia utilize host actin for efficient maternal transmission in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS Pathog. 2015;11:e1004798 pubmed publisher..We show that phenotypically wild type flies heterozygous for cytoskeletal mutations in Drosophila profilin (chic(221/+) and chic(1320/+)) or villin (qua(6-396/+)) either clear a Wolbachia infection, or result in ..
- Ninov N, Chiarelli D, Martin Blanco E. Extrinsic and intrinsic mechanisms directing epithelial cell sheet replacement during Drosophila metamorphosis. Development. 2007;134:367-79 pubmed..Finally, we show that histoblast spreading and the death of larval cells depend on a mutual exchange of signals and are non-autonomous processes. ..
- Edwards K, Montague R, Shepard S, Edgar B, Erikson R, Kiehart D. Identification of Drosophila cytoskeletal proteins by induction of abnormal cell shape in fission yeast. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:4589-93 pubmed..of the cDNAs responsible for these defects appear to encode cytoskeletal components: the actin binding proteins profilin and cofilin/actin depolymerizing factor and a membrane-cytoskeleton linker of the ezrin/merlin family...
- Miotto B, Sagnier T, Bérenger H, Bohmann D, Pradel J, Graba Y. Chameau HAT and DRpd3 HDAC function as antagonistic cofactors of JNK/AP-1-dependent transcription during Drosophila metamorphosis. Genes Dev. 2006;20:101-12 pubmed..This study establishes a direct link among JNK signaling, DFos phosphorylation, chromatin modification, and AP-1-dependent transcription and its importance in a developing organism. ..
- Rosin D, Schejter E, Volk T, Shilo B. Apical accumulation of the Drosophila PDGF/VEGF receptor ligands provides a mechanism for triggering localized actin polymerization. Development. 2004;131:1939-48 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that polarized PVR activation is necessary for the proper organization of the wing disc epithelium, by regulating the apical assembly of the actin cytoskeleton...
- Wills Z, Emerson M, Rusch J, Bikoff J, Baum B, Perrimon N, et al. A Drosophila homolog of cyclase-associated proteins collaborates with the Abl tyrosine kinase to control midline axon pathfinding. Neuron. 2002;36:611-22 pubmed..These studies identify Capulet as part of an emerging pathway linking guidance signals to regulation of cytoskeletal dynamics and suggest that the Abl pathway mediates signals downstream of multiple Roundabout receptors. ..
- Webb R, Zhou M, McCartney B. A novel role for an APC2-Diaphanous complex in regulating actin organization in Drosophila. Development. 2009;136:1283-93 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, although microtubules play a role in furrow extension, our analysis suggests that APC2 and DIA function in a novel complex that affects actin directly, rather than through an effect on microtubules. ..
- Hawkins N, Garriga G. Asymmetric cell division: from A to Z. Genes Dev. 1998;12:3625-38 pubmed
- Mottini A, Descombes X, Besse F, Pechersky E. Discrete stochastic model for the generation of axonal trees. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2014;2014:6814-7 pubmed publisher..In total, 53 images (18 normal, 21 type 1 mutant and 14 type 2 mutant) were used. The model parameters allow us to describe pathological characteristics of the mutated populations. ..
- Maybeck V, Röper K. A targeted gain-of-function screen identifies genes affecting salivary gland morphogenesis/tubulogenesis in Drosophila. Genetics. 2009;181:543-65 pubmed publisher..We report the initial characterization of a subset of genes, including chickadee, rhomboid1, egalitarian, bitesize, and capricious, through comparison of gain- and loss-of-function phenotypes.
- Ruan W, Long H, Vuong D, Rao Y. Bifocal is a downstream target of the Ste20-like serine/threonine kinase misshapen in regulating photoreceptor growth cone targeting in Drosophila. Neuron. 2002;36:831-42 pubmed..We propose that Bif functions downstream of Msn to reorganize actin cytoskeleton in decelerating R cell growth cone motility at the target region. ..
- Rittenhouse K, Berg C. Mutations in the Drosophila gene bullwinkle cause the formation of abnormal eggshell structures and bicaudal embryos. Development. 1995;121:3023-33 pubmed..We suspect that BULLWINKLE interacts with the cytoskeleton and extracellular matrix and is necessary for gene product localization and cell migration during oogenesis after stage 10a. ..
- Buszczak M, Cooley L. Eggs to die for: cell death during Drosophila oogenesis. Cell Death Differ. 2000;7:1071-4 pubmed..These studies suggest that the morphological changes that occur during the late stages of Drosophila oogenesis may be initiated and driven by a modified form of programmed cell death. ..
- Dean S, Rogers S, Stuurman N, Vale R, Spudich J. Distinct pathways control recruitment and maintenance of myosin II at the cleavage furrow during cytokinesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:13473-8 pubmed..However, F-actin, the centralspindlin complex, formin (diaphanous), and profilin (chickadee) are required to stably maintain myosin II at the furrow...
- GonÃ§alves Pimentel C, Gombos R, MihÃ¡ly J, SÃ¡nchez Soriano N, Prokop A. Dissecting regulatory networks of filopodia formation in a Drosophila growth cone model. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18340 pubmed publisher..data for loss-of-function of capping proteins, enabled, different Arp2/3 complex components, the formin DAAM and profilin reveal characteristic changes in filopodia number and length, providing a promising starting point to study their ..
- McDonald J, Pinheiro E, Montell D. PVF1, a PDGF/VEGF homolog, is sufficient to guide border cells and interacts genetically with Taiman. Development. 2003;130:3469-78 pubmed..In addition, we find that taiman and Pvf1 regulate the dynamic localization of E-cadherin in the border cells, possibly accounting for the interaction between these two pathways. ..
- Mahajan Miklos S, Cooley L. Intercellular cytoplasm transport during Drosophila oogenesis. Dev Biol. 1994;165:336-51 pubmed
- Dyer N, Rebollo E, Dominguez P, Elkhatib N, Chavrier P, Daviet L, et al. Spermatocyte cytokinesis requires rapid membrane addition mediated by ARF6 on central spindle recycling endosomes. Development. 2007;134:4437-47 pubmed..We propose that ARF6 promotes rapid recycling of endosomal membrane stores during cytokinesis, which is critical for rapid cleavage furrow ingression. ..
- Johnston C, Manning L, Lu M, Golub O, Doe C, Prehoda K. Formin-mediated actin polymerization cooperates with Mushroom body defect (Mud)-Dynein during Frizzled-Dishevelled spindle orientation. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:4436-44 pubmed publisher..Our results define two 'modular' spindle orientation pathways and show an essential role for actin regulation in Dsh-mediated spindle orientation. ..
- Shields A, Spence A, Yamashita Y, Davies E, Fuller M. The actin-binding protein profilin is required for germline stem cell maintenance and germ cell enclosure by somatic cyst cells. Development. 2014;141:73-82 pubmed publisher..Here, we demonstrate that chickadee, the Drosophila gene that encodes profilin, is required cell autonomously to maintain GSCs, possibly ..
- Broadie K, Sink H, Van Vactor D, Fambrough D, Whitington P, Bate M, et al. From growth cone to synapse: the life history of the RP3 motor neuron. Dev Suppl. 1993;:227-38 pubmed..Genetic analysis has revealed mutations in a number of different genes which affect specific aspects of RP3 development from axon outgrowth to synapse formation. ..
- Baum B, Li W, Perrimon N. A cyclase-associated protein regulates actin and cell polarity during Drosophila oogenesis and in yeast. Curr Biol. 2000;10:964-73 pubmed..As CAP controls the spatial distribution of actin filaments and mRNA determinants in both yeast and Drosophila, we conclude that CAP has an evolutionarily conserved function in the genesis of eukaryotic cell polarity. ..
- Estes P, O Shea M, Clasen S, Zarnescu D. Fragile X protein controls the efficacy of mRNA transport in Drosophila neurons. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2008;39:170-9 pubmed publisher..These data support a model whereby FMRP regulates transport efficacy, by regulating the association between mRNA cargo and microtubules and suggest a new mechanism for the disease. ..
- Lin M, Greenberg M. Orchestral maneuvers in the axon: trio and the control of axon guidance. Cell. 2000;101:239-42 pubmed
- Stoker A. Receptor tyrosine phosphatases in axon growth and guidance. Curr Opin Neurobiol. 2001;11:95-102 pubmed..Vertebrate RPTPs are now implicated in controlling axon outgrowth, and preliminary evidence suggests that they too may influence axon guidance. ..
- Johnson R, Seppa M, Cagan R. The Drosophila CD2AP/CIN85 orthologue Cindr regulates junctions and cytoskeleton dynamics during tissue patterning. J Cell Biol. 2008;180:1191-204 pubmed publisher..Together, these data demonstrate that Cindr is involved in dynamic cell rearrangement in an emerging epithelium. ..
- Spradling A. Germline cysts: communes that work. Cell. 1993;72:649-51 pubmed
- Wang Y, Riechmann V. Microtubule anchoring by cortical actin bundles prevents streaming of the oocyte cytoplasm. Mech Dev. 2008;125:142-52 pubmed..Mutations in the actin binding proteins Profilin, Cappuccino (Capu) and Spire result in premature streaming of the cytoplasm and a reorganisation of the oocyte MT ..
- Robinson D, Cooley L. Genetic analysis of the actin cytoskeleton in the Drosophila ovary. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol. 1997;13:147-70 pubmed..We discuss many of the recent genetic and cell biological studies that have led to insights into how the actin cytoskeleton is assembled and regulated during the morphogenesis of the Drosophila egg. ..
- Newton I, Sheehan K. Passage of Wolbachia pipientis through mutant drosophila melanogaster induces phenotypic and genomic changes. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2015;81:1032-7 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Wolbachia can quickly adapt to new host contexts, with genomic mutants arising after only two generations. ..
- Sutherland J, Witke W. Molecular genetic approaches to understanding the actin cytoskeleton. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 1999;11:142-51 pubmed..Yeast, Dictyostelium, Caenorhabditis elegans, Drosophila, and mice have contributed much in recent years to a better understanding of both the numerous functions and modes of regulation of the actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Tessier C, Broadie K. Drosophila fragile X mental retardation protein developmentally regulates activity-dependent axon pruning. Development. 2008;135:1547-57 pubmed publisher..dFMRP expression and regulation of chickadee/profilin coincides with a transient window of late brain development...
- Djagaeva I, Doronkin S, Beckendorf S. Src64 is involved in fusome development and karyosome formation during Drosophila oogenesis. Dev Biol. 2005;284:143-56 pubmed..into a compact karyosome is also defective in Src64, Tec29, and kelch mutants and in mutants for spire and chickadee (profilin), genes that regulate actin polymerization...
- Otani T, Oshima K, Onishi S, Takeda M, Shinmyozu K, Yonemura S, et al. IKK? regulates cell elongation through recycling endosome shuttling. Dev Cell. 2011;20:219-32 pubmed publisher..Our results establish an evolutionarily conserved function of IKK-related kinases in regulating recycling endosome dynamics and point to a key role of endosome dynamics in cell morphogenesis. ..
- Kim Y, Furman S, Sink H, VanBerkum M. Calmodulin and profilin coregulate axon outgrowth in Drosophila. J Neurobiol. 2001;47:26-38 pubmed..The intracellular molecules calmodulin and profilin actively regulate actin-based motility and participate in the signaling pathways used to steer growth cones...
- Shulman J, St Johnston D. Pattern formation in single cells. Trends Cell Biol. 1999;9:M60-4 pubmed..Unlike yeast, however, more complex eukaryotic cells can manifest multiple axes of polarity, suggesting that additional mechanisms have evolved to generate more elaborate patterns. ..
- Chandrasekaran V, Beckendorf S. Tec29 controls actin remodeling and endoreplication during invagination of the Drosophila embryonic salivary glands. Development. 2005;132:3515-24 pubmed..We suggest that apical constriction of the actin cytoskeleton may provide a temporal cue ensuring that endoreplication does not begin until the cells have finished invagination. ..
- Wang D, Zhang L, Zhao G, Wahlström G, Heino T, Chen J, et al. Drosophila twinfilin is required for cell migration and synaptic endocytosis. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:1546-56 pubmed publisher..Together, our results reveal that twinfilin promotes actin turnover in multiple cellular processes that are highly dependent on actin dynamics. ..
- Suganuma T, Mushegian A, Swanson S, Abmayr S, Florens L, Washburn M, et al. The ATAC acetyltransferase complex coordinates MAP kinases to regulate JNK target genes. Cell. 2010;142:726-36 pubmed publisher..complex serves as a transcriptional cofactor for c-Jun at the Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) target genes Jra and chickadee. ATAC subunits are required for c-Jun occupancy of these genes and for H4K16 acetylation at the Jra enhancer, ..
- Foley K, Cooley L. Apoptosis in late stage Drosophila nurse cells does not require genes within the H99 deficiency. Development. 1998;125:1075-82 pubmed
- Chondrogianni N, Sakellari M, Lefaki M, Papaevgeniou N, Gonos E. Proteasome activation delays aging in vitro and in vivo. Free Radic Biol Med. 2014;71:303-20 pubmed publisher..This review article reports on the means of function of these proteasome activators and how they regulate aging in various species. ..
- Fairchild M, Smendziuk C, Tanentzapf G. A somatic permeability barrier around the germline is essential for Drosophila spermatogenesis. Development. 2015;142:268-81 pubmed publisher..b>chickadee (chic), the fly ortholog of Profilin, mediates soma-germline interactions...
- Braun A, Lemaitre B, Lanot R, Zachary D, Meister M. Drosophila immunity: analysis of larval hemocytes by P-element-mediated enhancer trap. Genetics. 1997;147:623-34 pubmed..We anticipate that this mutation, which we named domino, will prove a useful tool in the analysis of the role of hemocytes during the various aspects of immune response and melanotic tumor formation. ..
- Neuman Silberberg F. Drosophila female sterile mutation spoonbill interferes with multiple pathways in oogenesis. Genesis. 2007;45:369-81 pubmed..Based on the previous data and the results presented here, it is anticipated that spoonbill may encode a multifunctional protein that perhaps coordinately regulated the activity of multiple signaling pathways during oogenesis. ..
- Nasmyth K, Jansen R. The cytoskeleton in mRNA localization and cell differentiation. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 1997;9:396-400 pubmed..Recent data imply that in Drosophila, Caenorhabditis elegans and budding yeast, proteins of the actin cytoskeleton, including unconventional myosins, play active roles in the segregation of differentiation factors and mRNAs. ..
- Stevenson V, Theurkauf W. Actin cytoskeleton: putting a CAP on actin polymerization. Curr Biol. 2000;10:R695-7 pubmed..Two recent studies have identified a Drosophila homolog of cyclase-associated protein (CAP) as a developmentally important negative regulator of actin polymerization that may also directly mediate signal transduction. ..
- Seeger M. Genetic and molecular dissection of axon pathfinding in the Drosophila nervous system. Curr Opin Neurobiol. 1994;4:56-62 pubmed
- Lasko P. RNA sorting in Drosophila oocytes and embryos. FASEB J. 1999;13:421-33 pubmed..Prospects for filling gaps in our knowledge about the mechanisms of localizing RNAs and the importance of RNA sorting in regulating gene expression are also explored. ..
- Geisbrecht E, Montell D. A role for Drosophila IAP1-mediated caspase inhibition in Rac-dependent cell migration. Cell. 2004;118:111-25 pubmed..These results indicate an apoptosis-independent role for DIAP1-mediated Dronc inhibition in Rac-mediated cell motility. ..
- Basu J, Li Z. The Des-1 protein, required for central spindle assembly and cytokinesis, is associated with mitochondria along the meiotic spindle apparatus and with the contractile ring during male meiosis in Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Gen Genet. 1998;259:664-73 pubmed
- Cowan C, Henkemeyer M. More cables to Abl. Neuron. 2000;26:543-4 pubmed
- Somma M, Fasulo B, Cenci G, Cundari E, Gatti M. Molecular dissection of cytokinesis by RNA interference in Drosophila cultured cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:2448-60 pubmedWe have used double-stranded RNA-mediated interference (RNAi) to study Drosophila cytokinesis...
- Martin M, Ahern Djamali S, Hoffmann F, Saxton W. Abl tyrosine kinase and its substrate Ena/VASP have functional interactions with kinesin-1. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:4225-30 pubmed..A concomitant reduction in ena dosage rescued those defects. These results suggest that Ena/VASP, when not inhibited by the Abl pathway, can bind Khc and reduce its transport activity in axons. ..
- Huang P, Sahai Hernandez P, Bohm R, Welch W, Zhang B, Nystul T. Enhancer-trap flippase lines for clonal analysis in the Drosophila ovary. G3 (Bethesda). 2014;4:1693-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, we have found that chickadee is specifically upregulated in the posterior escort cells, follicle stem cells, and prefollicle cells that ..
- Medioni C, Ramialison M, Ephrussi A, Besse F. Imp promotes axonal remodeling by regulating profilin mRNA during brain development. Curr Biol. 2014;24:793-800 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrate that profilin mRNA is a direct and functional target of Imp that localizes to axons and controls axonal regrowth...
- Boquet I, Boujemaa R, Carlier M, Preat T. Ciboulot regulates actin assembly during Drosophila brain metamorphosis. Cell. 2000;102:797-808 pubmed..Genetic experiments show that Cib and the Drosophila profilin protein Chickadee (Chic) cooperate in central brain metamorphosis.
- Reeve S, Bassetto L, Genova G, Kleyner Y, Leyssen M, Jackson F, et al. The Drosophila fragile X mental retardation protein controls actin dynamics by directly regulating profilin in the brain. Curr Biol. 2005;15:1156-63 pubmed..dFMRP binds the mRNA of the Drosophila profilin homolog and negatively regulates Profilin protein expression...
- McCall K, Steller H. Requirement for DCP-1 caspase during Drosophila oogenesis. Science. 1998;279:230-4 pubmed..The dcp-1- phenotype suggests that the cytoskeletal and nuclear events in the nurse cells make use of the machinery normally associated with apoptosis and that apoptosis of the nurse cells is a necessary event for oocyte development. ..
- Dahlgaard K, Raposo A, Niccoli T, St Johnston D. Capu and Spire assemble a cytoplasmic actin mesh that maintains microtubule organization in the Drosophila oocyte. Dev Cell. 2007;13:539-53 pubmed..When inactive, unrestrained kinesin movement generates flows that wash microtubules to the cortex. ..
- Baum B. Drosophila oogenesis: generating an axis of polarity. Curr Biol. 2002;12:R835-7 pubmed..New studies of moesin function during Drosophila oogenesis show that Dmoesin tethers actin to the oocyte membrane. Interestingly, Dmoesin and an intact cortex are also required to stabilise ooycte polarity. ..
- Starr D, Han M. ANChors away: an actin based mechanism of nuclear positioning. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:211-6 pubmed..Syne/ANC-1 anchors nuclei by directly tethering the nuclear envelope to the actin cytoskeleton, and UNC-84/SUN functions at the nuclear envelope to recruit Syne/ANC-1. ..
- Xu N, Bagumian G, Galiano M, Myat M. Rho GTPase controls Drosophila salivary gland lumen size through regulation of the actin cytoskeleton and Moesin. Development. 2011;138:5415-27 pubmed publisher..In support of a role for Rho1-dependent actin polymerization in regulation of gland lumen size, loss of profilin phenocopied the Rho1 lumen size defects to a large extent...
- Martin P, Wood W. Epithelial fusions in the embryo. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 2002;14:569-74 pubmed..It is now clear that there are intriguing parallels with more complex morphogenetic tissue movements in vertebrates. ..
- Minakhina S, Myers R, Druzhinina M, Steward R. Crosstalk between the actin cytoskeleton and Ran-mediated nuclear transport. BMC Cell Biol. 2005;6:32 pubmed..transport factor 2 (ntf-2), Ran GTPase activating protein (Sd), and the gene encoding Drosophila Profilin, chickadee (chic)...
- Giansanti M, Bonaccorsi S, Gatti M. The role of anillin in meiotic cytokinesis of Drosophila males. J Cell Sci. 1999;112 ( Pt 14):2323-34 pubmed..Cytological analysis of wild-type meiosis and examination of mutants defective in contractile ring assembly (chickadee and KLP3A), revealed that the formation of the anillin cortical band occurs before, and does not require the ..
- Miller K. Role of the actin cytoskeleton in early Drosophila development. Curr Top Dev Biol. 1995;31:167-96 pubmed