Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Chd1
Description: Chromodomain-helicase-DNA-binding protein 1
Alias: CG3733, CHD-1, CHD1, DmCHD1, Dmel\CG3733, chd1, dCHD1, l(2)23Cd, Chromodomain-helicase-DNA-binding protein 1, CG3733-PA, CG3733-PB, CG3733-PC, Chd1-PA, Chd1-PB, Chd1-PC, Chromodomain-helicase-DNA-binding protein, chromo-ATPase/helicase-DNA-binding domain, chromo-ATPase/helicase-DNA-binding protein 1, lethal (2) 23Cd
Species: fruit fly
- Stokes D, Tartof K, Perry R. CHD1 is concentrated in interbands and puffed regions of Drosophila polytene chromosomes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:7137-42 pubmed..We now report on the characterization of the Drosophila melanogaster CHD1 homologue (dCHD1) and its localization on polytene chromosomes...
- Eissenberg J, Shilatifard A, Dorokhov N, Michener D. Cdk9 is an essential kinase in Drosophila that is required for heat shock gene expression, histone methylation and elongation factor recruitment. Mol Genet Genomics. 2007;277:101-14 pubmed..Levels of the chromo helicase protein CHD1 were reduced in Cdk9 knockdown chromosomes, suggesting that CHD1 is targeted to chromosomes through P-TEFb-..
- Marfella C, Imbalzano A. The Chd family of chromatin remodelers. Mutat Res. 2007;618:30-40 pubmed..Genetic, biochemical, and structural studies demonstrate that Chd proteins are important regulators of transcription and play critical roles during developmental processes. Numerous Chd proteins are also implicated in human disease. ..
- Morettini S, Tribus M, Zeilner A, Sebald J, Campo Fernandez B, Scheran G, et al. The chromodomains of CHD1 are critical for enzymatic activity but less important for chromatin localization. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:3103-15 pubmed publisherThe molecular motor protein CHD1 has been implicated in the regulation of transcription and in the transcription-independent genome-wide incorporation of H3.3 into paternal chromatin in Drosophila melanogaster...
- McDaniel I, Lee J, Berger M, Hanagami C, Armstrong J. Investigations of CHD1 function in transcription and development of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2008;178:583-7 pubmed publisherIn this report we describe chd1 mutant alleles and show that the CHD1 chromatin-remodeling factor is important for wing development and fertility...
- Podhraski V, Campo Fernandez B, Wörle H, Piatti P, Niederegger H, Böck G, et al. CenH3/CID incorporation is not dependent on the chromatin assembly factor CHD1 in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10120 pubmed publisherb>CHD1 is a SNF2-related ATPase that is required for the genome-wide incorporation of variant histone H3.3 in the paternal pronucleus as well as in transcriptionally active nuclei in Drosophila embryos. The S...
- Mueller Planitz F, Klinker H, Ludwigsen J, Becker P. The ATPase domain of ISWI is an autonomous nucleosome remodeling machine. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2013;20:82-9 pubmed publisher..Nucleosome-remodeling enzymes may thus have evolved directly from ancestral helicase-type motors, and peripheral domains have furnished regulatory capabilities that bias the remodeling reaction toward different structural outcomes. ..
- Khattak S, Lee B, Cho S, Ahnn J, Spoerel N. Genetic characterization of Drosophila Mi-2 ATPase. Gene. 2002;293:107-14 pubmed..The expression pattern of dMi-2 and the embryonic lethal phenotypes of mutants indicate that dMi-2 is essential for embryonic development in Drosophila melanagaster. ..
- Kim S, Bugga L, Hong E, Zabinsky R, Edwards R, Deodhar P, et al. An RNAi-Based Candidate Screen for Modifiers of the CHD1 Chromatin Remodeler and Assembly Factor in Drosophila melanogaster. G3 (Bethesda). 2015;6:245-54 pubmed publisherThe conserved chromatin remodeling and assembly factor CHD1 (chromodomains, helicase, DNA-binding domain) is present at active genes where it participates in histone turnover and recycling during transcription...
- Mills A. Throwing the cancer switch: reciprocal roles of polycomb and trithorax proteins. Nat Rev Cancer. 2010;10:669-82 pubmed publisher..Recent work highlights the dynamic interplay between these opposing classes of proteins, providing new avenues for understanding how these epigenetic regulators function in tumorigenesis. ..
- Levine M, Begun D. Evidence of spatially varying selection acting on four chromatin-remodeling loci in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2008;179:475-85 pubmed publisher..Here we describe sequence variation at seven such chromatin-remodeling loci, four of which (chd1, ssrp, chm, and glu) exhibit strong differentiation between tropical and temperate populations...
- Eissenberg J, Lee M, Schneider J, Ilvarsonn A, Shiekhattar R, Shilatifard A. The trithorax-group gene in Drosophila little imaginal discs encodes a trimethylated histone H3 Lys4 demethylase. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2007;14:344-6 pubmed..report that Lid knockdown using RNA interference results in a specific genome-wide increase in H3K4me3 levels without affecting other patterns of H3 methylation, and results in an altered distribution of the chromo-helicase protein Chd1.
- Orsi G, Algazeery A, Meyer R, Capri M, Sapey Triomphe L, Horard B, et al. Drosophila Yemanuclein and HIRA cooperate for de novo assembly of H3.3-containing nucleosomes in the male pronucleus. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003285 pubmed publisher..3 deposition pathway is not involved in paternal chromatin assembly, thus underlining the specific implication of the HIRA/YEM complex for this essential step of zygote formation. ..
- Bugga L, McDaniel I, Engie L, Armstrong J. The Drosophila melanogaster CHD1 chromatin remodeling factor modulates global chromosome structure and counteracts HP1a and H3K9me2. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e59496 pubmed publisherb>CHD1 is a conserved chromatin remodeling factor that localizes to active genes and functions in nucleosome assembly and positioning as well as histone turnover...
- Brehm A, Tufteland K, Aasland R, Becker P. The many colours of chromodomains. Bioessays. 2004;26:133-40 pubmed