Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cdc27
Description: Cell division cycle 27
Alias: APC3, Apc3, CDC27, CDC27Dm, CG8610, Dmcdc27, Dmel\CG8610, cdc27, l(3)L7123, mks, cell division cycle 27, CG8610-PA, CG8610-PB, Cdc27-PA, Cdc27-PB, cell division cycle 27 ortholog, makos
Species: fruit fly
- Buttitta L, Katzaroff A, Edgar B. A robust cell cycle control mechanism limits E2F-induced proliferation of terminally differentiated cells in vivo. J Cell Biol. 2010;189:981-96 pubmed publisher..These mechanisms are essential for proper development, as evading them leads to tissue outgrowths composed of dividing but terminally differentiated cells. ..
- Meghini F, Martins T, Tait X, Fujimitsu K, Yamano H, Glover D, et al. Targeting of Fzr/Cdh1 for timely activation of the APC/C at the centrosome during mitotic exit. Nat Commun. 2016;7:12607 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that Spd2 is also a novel APC/C(Fzr) substrate. Our study is the first to demonstrate the critical importance of distinct subcellular pools of APC/C activators in the spatiotemporal control of APC/C activity. ..
- Akimana C, Al Khodor S, Abu Kwaik Y. Host factors required for modulation of phagosome biogenesis and proliferation of Francisella tularensis within the cytosol. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11025 pubmed publisher..identified three conserved factors, the PI4 kinase PI4KCA, the ubiquitin hydrolase USP22, and the ubiquitin ligase CDC27, which are also required for replication in human cells...
- Huang J, Morley G, Li D, Whitaker M. Cdk1 phosphorylation sites on Cdc27 are required for correct chromosomal localisation and APC/C function in syncytial Drosophila embryos. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:1990-7 pubmed..report that two potential Cdk1 kinase phosphorylation sites are required for the chromosomal localisation of GFP::Cdc27 during mitosis...
- Scaria G, Ramsay G, Katzen A. Two components of the Myb complex, DMyb and Mip130, are specifically associated with euchromatin and degraded during prometaphase throughout development. Mech Dev. 2008;125:646-61 pubmed publisher..We conclude that cell cycle specific degradation of DMyb and Mip130 is likely to be utilized as a key regulatory mechanism in down-regulating their levels and the activity of the Myb complex. ..
- Slack C, Somers W, Sousa Nunes R, Chia W, Overton P. A mosaic genetic screen for novel mutations affecting Drosophila neuroblast divisions. BMC Genet. 2006;7:33 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate the value of mosaic screens in the identification of genes involved in neuroblast division. ..
- Conde C, Osswald M, Barbosa J, Moutinho Santos T, Pinheiro D, Guimaraes S, et al. Drosophila Polo regulates the spindle assembly checkpoint through Mps1-dependent BubR1 phosphorylation. EMBO J. 2013;32:1761-77 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which Polo controls Mps1-dependent BubR1 phosphorylation to promote Cdc20 kinetochore recruitment and sustained SAC function. ..
- Whitfield Z, Chisholm J, Hawley R, Orr Weaver T. A meiosis-specific form of the APC/C promotes the oocyte-to-embryo transition by decreasing levels of the Polo kinase inhibitor matrimony. PLoS Biol. 2013;11:e1001648 pubmed publisher..These data indicate APC(Cort) ubiquitylates Mtrm at the oocyte-to-embryo transition, thus preventing excessive inhibition of Polo kinase activity due to Mtrm's presence. ..
- Derive N, Landmann C, Montembault E, Claverie M, Pierre Elies P, Goutte Gattat D, et al. Bub3-BubR1-dependent sequestration of Cdc20Fizzy at DNA breaks facilitates the correct segregation of broken chromosomes. J Cell Biol. 2015;211:517-32 pubmed publisher..We therefore propose that the Bub3-BubR1 complex on broken DNA inhibits the APC/C locally via the sequestration of Cdc20, thus promoting proper transmission of broken chromosomes. ..
- Griffis E, Stuurman N, Vale R. Spindly, a novel protein essential for silencing the spindle assembly checkpoint, recruits dynein to the kinetochore. J Cell Biol. 2007;177:1005-15 pubmed..However, dynein's nonkinetochore functions are unaffected by Spindly depletion. Our findings indicate that Spindly is a novel regulator of mitotic dynein, functioning specifically to target dynein to kinetochores. ..
- Slack C, Overton P, Tuxworth R, Chia W. Asymmetric localisation of Miranda and its cargo proteins during neuroblast division requires the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome. Development. 2007;134:3781-7 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that APC/C activity and ubiquitylation of Miranda are required for the asymmetric localisation of Miranda and its cargo proteins to the NB cortex. ..
- Sakaguchi A, Steward R. Aberrant monomethylation of histone H4 lysine 20 activates the DNA damage checkpoint in Drosophila melanogaster. J Cell Biol. 2007;176:155-62 pubmed..We therefore propose that monomethylated H4K20 is involved in the maintenance of proper higher order structure of DNA and is consequently essential for chromosome condensation. ..
- Li D, Morley G, Whitaker M, Huang J. Recruitment of Cdc20 to the kinetochore requires BubR1 but not Mad2 in Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:3384-95 pubmed publisher..to Cdc20 independently, and the interactions are enhanced after cells are arrested at mitosis by the depletion of Cdc27 using RNA interference (RNAi) in S2 cells or by MG132 treatment in syncytial embryos...
- Harper J, Burton J, Solomon M. The anaphase-promoting complex: it's not just for mitosis any more. Genes Dev. 2002;16:2179-206 pubmed
- Silies M, Klämbt C. APC/C(Fzr/Cdh1)-dependent regulation of cell adhesion controls glial migration in the Drosophila PNS. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:1357-64 pubmed publisher..This represents a simple mechanism by which a subcellular gradient of adhesiveness can coordinate glial migration with axonal growth...
- Huang J, Raff J. The dynamic localisation of the Drosophila APC/C: evidence for the existence of multiple complexes that perform distinct functions and are differentially localised. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:2847-56 pubmed..We constructed GFP fusions of two core APC/C subunits, Cdc16 and Cdc27. These fusion proteins were incorporated into the endogenous APC/C and were largely localised in the cytoplasm ..