Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cct1
Description: CTP:phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase 1
Alias: CCT1, CG1049, CT41283, Cct, Dmel\CG1049, cct1, CTP:phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase 1, CG1049-PA, CG1049-PB, CG1049-PC, CG1049-PD, CG1049-PE, CG1049-PF, CTP-phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase, CTP:phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase, Cct1-PA, Cct1-PB, Cct1-PC, Cct1-PD, Cct1-PE, Cct1-PF, cytidylyltransferase 1, phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase
Species: fruit fly
- Remolina S, Chang P, Leips J, Nuzhdin S, Hughes K. Genomic basis of aging and life-history evolution in Drosophila melanogaster. Evolution. 2012;66:3390-403 pubmed publisher..More generally, we argue that hitchhiking mapping can be a powerful tool for uncovering the molecular bases of quantitative genetic variation. ..
- Wilfling F, Wang H, Haas J, Krahmer N, Gould T, Uchida A, et al. Triacylglycerol synthesis enzymes mediate lipid droplet growth by relocalizing from the ER to lipid droplets. Dev Cell. 2013;24:384-99 pubmed publisher..Our results explain how TG synthesis is coupled with LD growth and identify two distinct LD subpopulations based on their capacity for localized TG synthesis. ..
- Landis G, Bhole D, Tower J. A search for doxycycline-dependent mutations that increase Drosophila melanogaster life span identifies the VhaSFD, Sugar baby, filamin, fwd and Cctl genes. Genome Biol. 2003;4:R8 pubmed..four wheel drive (fwd) encodes a phosphatidylinositol-4-kinase (PI 4-kinase) and CTP:phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase-l (Cctl) encodes the rate-limiting enzyme in phosphatidylcholine synthesis...
- Sánchez Alvarez M, Zhang Q, Finger F, Wakelam M, Bakal C. Cell cycle progression is an essential regulatory component of phospholipid metabolism and membrane homeostasis. Open Biol. 2015;5:150093 pubmed publisher..We propose that coupling lipid metabolism to cell cycle progression is a means by which cells have evolved to coordinate proliferation with cell and organelle growth. ..
- Landis G, Abdueva D, Skvortsov D, Yang J, Rabin B, Carrick J, et al. Similar gene expression patterns characterize aging and oxidative stress in Drosophila melanogaster. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:7663-8 pubmed..Immune reporter expression in young flies was partially predictive of remaining life span, suggesting their potential as biomonitors of aging. ..
- Tian Y, Bi J, Shui G, Liu Z, Xiang Y, Liu Y, et al. Tissue-autonomous function of Drosophila seipin in preventing ectopic lipid droplet formation. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1001364 pubmed publisher..In summary, we have demonstrated a tissue-autonomous role of dSeipin in ectopic lipid storage in lipodystrophy. ..
- Dobrosotskaya I, Seegmiller A, Brown M, Goldstein J, Rawson R. Regulation of SREBP processing and membrane lipid production by phospholipids in Drosophila. Science. 2002;296:879-83 pubmed
- Krahmer N, Guo Y, Wilfling F, Hilger M, Lingrell S, Heger K, et al. Phosphatidylcholine synthesis for lipid droplet expansion is mediated by localized activation of CTP:phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase. Cell Metab. 2011;14:504-15 pubmed publisher..by the Kennedy pathway, which is activated by reversible targeting of the rate-limiting enzyme, CTP:phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase (CCT), to growing LD surfaces...