Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Catsup
Description: Catecholamines up
Alias: CG10449, Dmel\CG10449, catsup, cg10449, dCATSUP, dZipCATSUP, dZipCatsup, fs(2)ltoQT50, l(2)37Bc, l(2)E13, l(2)k05402, l(2)k05424, catecholamines up, CG10449-PA, Catsup-PA, catsup
Species: fruit fly
- Jordan K, Morgan T, Mackay T. Quantitative trait loci for locomotor behavior in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2006;174:271-84 pubmed..These data implicate variation in the synthesis of bioamines as a factor contributing to natural variation in locomotor reactivity. ..
- Norry F, Larsen P, Liu Y, Loeschcke V. Combined expression patterns of QTL-linked candidate genes best predict thermotolerance in Drosophila melanogaster. J Insect Physiol. 2009;55:1050-7 pubmed publisher..hsp60 and hsc70-3 map within an X-linked QTL, while CG10383, catsup, ddc, trap1, and cyp6a13 are linked in a KRHT-QTL on chromosome 2. hsc70-3 expression increased by heat-hardening...
- Wright T, Bewley G, Sherald A. The genetics of dopa decarboxylase in Drosophila melanogaster. II. Isolation and characterization of dopa-decarboxylase-deficient mutants and their relationship to the alpha-methyl-dopa-hypersensitive mutants. Genetics. 1976;84:287-310 pubmed..Although no biochemical phene has yet been established for the alphaMD hypersensitive amd alleles, it seems likely that the two groups of mutants are functionally related. ..
- Carrasco Rando M, Atienza Manuel A, Martin P, Burke R, Ruiz Gomez M. Fear-of-intimacy-mediated zinc transport controls the function of zinc-finger transcription factors involved in myogenesis. Development. 2016;143:1948-57 pubmed publisher..Our results additionally suggest a possible explanation for the presence of large numbers of zinc transporters in organisms based on differences in ion transport specificity and/or degrees of activity among transporters. ..
- Thor S, Thomas J. The Drosophila islet gene governs axon pathfinding and neurotransmitter identity. Neuron. 1997;18:397-409 pubmed..Ectopic expression of islet induces both specific alterations in pathfinding and changes in neurotransmitter identity. These findings indicate that islet coordinately controls two distinct aspects of neuronal identity. ..
- Groth C, Sasamura T, Khanna M, Whitley M, Fortini M. Protein trafficking abnormalities in Drosophila tissues with impaired activity of the ZIP7 zinc transporter Catsup. Development. 2013;140:3018-27 pubmed publisher..intracellular Notch receptor trafficking in Drosophila epithelial tissues, we recovered mutations that disrupt the Catsup gene, which encodes the Drosophila ortholog of the mammalian ZIP7 zinc transporter...
- Gilbert D, Hirsh J, Wright T. Molecular mapping of a gene cluster flanking the Drosophila Dopa decarboxylase gene. Genetics. 1984;106:679-94 pubmed..Six of these complementation groups are within 23 kb of DNA, and all ten complementation groups, including Ddc, lie within 78-82 kb of DNA. The potential significance of this unusually high gene density is discussed. ..
- Loeschcke V, Kristensen T, Norry F. Consistent effects of a major QTL for thermal resistance in field-released Drosophila melanogaster. J Insect Physiol. 2011;57:1227-31 pubmed publisher..The results allow relating components of field fitness at different environmental temperatures with genotypic variation in a QTL for thermal tolerance. ..
- Carrasco Rando M, Ruiz Gomez M. Mind bomb 2, a founder myoblast-specific protein, regulates myoblast fusion and muscle stability. Development. 2008;135:849-57 pubmed publisher..We suggest that Mib2 acts sequentially in myoblast fusion and sarcomeric stability by two separable processes involving distinct functions of Mib2. ..
- Hsouna A, Lawal H, Izevbaye I, Hsu T, O Donnell J. Drosophila dopamine synthesis pathway genes regulate tracheal morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2007;308:30-43 pubmed..Punch (Pu) and pale (ple) mutants with reduced dopamine synthesis show ectopic/aberrant migration, while Catecholamines up (Catsup) mutants that over-express dopamine show a characteristic loss of migration phenotype...
- Van Doren M, Mathews W, Samuels M, Moore L, Broihier H, Lehmann R. fear of intimacy encodes a novel transmembrane protein required for gonad morphogenesis in Drosophila. Development. 2003;130:2355-64 pubmed..Our findings that FOI is a cell-surface protein required in the mesoderm for gonad morphogenesis shed light on the function of this new family of proteins and on the molecular mechanisms of organogenesis. ..
- Perez R, Hastings T. Could a loss of alpha-synuclein function put dopaminergic neurons at risk?. J Neurochem. 2004;89:1318-24 pubmed..This review focuses on how a loss of normal alpha-synuclein function may contribute to the dopamine-related loss of substantia nigra neurons during Parkinson's disease pathogenesis. ..
- Carbone M, Jordan K, Lyman R, Harbison S, Leips J, Morgan T, et al. Phenotypic variation and natural selection at catsup, a pleiotropic quantitative trait gene in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2006;16:912-9 pubmed publisher..b>Catecholamines up (Catsup), which encodes a negative regulator of tyrosine hydroxylase , the rate-limiting step in the ..
- Pentz E, Wright T. A diphenol oxidase gene is part of a cluster of genes involved in catecholamine metabolism and sclerotization in Drosophila. II. Molecular localization of the Dox-A2 coding region. Genetics. 1986;112:843-59 pubmed..The Dox-A2 locus is within 3.4 to 4.4 kb of the Df(2L)OD15 breakpoint, placing four of the vital loci within a maximum of 15.5 kb. The location of Dox-A2 in a cluster of genes affecting cuticle formation is discussed. ..
- Hanna M, BednÃ¡Å™ovÃ¡ A, Rakshit K, Chaudhuri A, O Donnell J, Krishnan N. Perturbations in dopamine synthesis lead to discrete physiological effects and impact oxidative stress response in Drosophila. J Insect Physiol. 2015;73:11-9 pubmed publisher..The fly lines used for this study were: (i) a loss of function mutation in Catecholamines up (Catsup(26)), which is a negative regulator of the rate limiting enzyme for DA synthesis, (ii) a mutant for ..
- Gutierrez L, Sabaratnam N, Aktar R, Bettedi L, Mandilaras K, Missirlis F. Zinc accumulation in heterozygous mutants of fumble, the pantothenate kinase homologue of Drosophila. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:2942-6 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, zinc supplementation had an adverse impact on the development of fumble mutant larvae, but zinc chelation failed to protect. ..
- Lemaitre B, Meister M, Govind S, Georgel P, Steward R, Reichhart J, et al. Functional analysis and regulation of nuclear import of dorsal during the immune response in Drosophila. EMBO J. 1995;14:536-45 pubmed..These data underline the complexity of the Drosophila immune response. Finally, we observed that like other rel proteins, dl can control the level of its own transcription. ..
- Lavista Llanos S, SvatoÅ¡ A, Kai M, Riemensperger T, Birman S, Stensmyr M, et al. Dopamine drives Drosophila sechellia adaptation to its toxic host. elife. 2014;3: pubmed publisher..Molecular polymorphisms in the dopamine regulatory protein Catsup cause infertility in D. sechellia due to maternal arrest of oogenesis...
- Wright T. The Wilhelmine E. Key 1992 Invitational lecture. Phenotypic analysis of the Dopa decarboxylase gene cluster mutants in Drosophila melanogaster. J Hered. 1996;87:175-90 pubmed..Thus, the Ddc gene cluster represents in higher eukaryotes an unusual example of a large cluster of functionally related genes involved in a common physiological process. ..
- Dechen K, Richards C, Lye J, Hwang J, Burke R. Compartmentalized zinc deficiency and toxicities caused by ZnT and Zip gene over expression result in specific phenotypes in Drosophila. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2015;60:23-33 pubmed publisher..This research highlights the differential effects that redistribution of zinc can have within a particular tissue and identifies the Golgi as being particularly sensitive to both excess and insufficient zinc. ..
- Stathakis D, Pentz E, Freeman M, Kullman J, Hankins G, Pearlson N, et al. The genetic and molecular organization of the Dopa decarboxylase gene cluster of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1995;141:629-55 pubmed
- Wicker Thomas C, Hamann M. Interaction of dopamine, female pheromones, locomotion and sex behavior in Drosophila melanogaster. J Insect Physiol. 2008;54:1423-31 pubmed publisher..Females with increased quantities of dopamine (by ingestion) exhibited larger quantities of pheromones. However, Catsup mutants did not, probably as a result of defects in the epidermis...
- Wright T, Beermann W, Marsh J, Bishop C, Steward R, Black B, et al. The genetics of dopa decarboxylase in Drosophila melanogaster. IV. The genetics and cytology of the 37B10-37D1 region. Chromosoma. 1981;83:45-58 pubmed..It eliminates Ddc+ and 1(2)37Ca+ function and at 30 degrees C reduces 1(2)37Ce+ function. It is not a deficiency but could be a polar mutant. ..
- Mathews W, Wang F, Eide D, Van Doren M. Drosophila fear of intimacy encodes a Zrt/IRT-like protein (ZIP) family zinc transporter functionally related to mammalian ZIP proteins. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:787-95 pubmed..In addition, this work indicates that the control of zinc by ZIP transporters may play a critical role in regulating developmental processes. ..
- Thor S, Andersson S, Tomlinson A, Thomas J. A LIM-homeodomain combinatorial code for motor-neuron pathway selection. Nature. 1999;397:76-80 pubmed..Our results provide evidence that lim3 and islet constitute a combinatorial code that generates distinct motor-neuron identities. ..
- Ryoo H. Drosophila as a model for unfolded protein response research. BMB Rep. 2015;48:445-53 pubmed..The fact that the basic UPR pathways are conserved, together with the availability of many human disease models in this organism, makes Drosophila a powerful tool for studying human disease mechanisms. ..