Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: capt
Alias: Acap, BcDNA:LD24380, CAP, CG33979, CG5061, CG5074, Cap, Capt, Dcap, Dmel\CG33979, acu, cap, capping protein, cyclase-associated protein, l(2)06955, punc, capulet, Act up, CG33979-PA, CG33979-PB, CG33979-PC, Cyclase-associated protein, adenylyl cyclase-associated protein, capt-PA, capt-PB, capt-PC, cyclase associated protein capulet, punctate
Species: fruit fly
- Benlali A, Draskovic I, Hazelett D, Treisman J. act up controls actin polymerization to alter cell shape and restrict Hedgehog signaling in the Drosophila eye disc. Cell. 2000;101:271-81 pubmed..We have isolated mutations in a novel gene, act up (acu), that is required for this shape change...
- Baer M, Bilstein A, Leptin M. A clonal genetic screen for mutants causing defects in larval tracheal morphogenesis in Drosophila. Genetics. 2007;176:2279-91 pubmed..In particular we found a range of defects in terminal cells, including failure in lumen formation and reduced or extensive branching. Other mutations affect cell growth, cell shape, and cell migration. ..
- Lin C, Lin P, Li Y, Hsu J. Capulet and Slingshot share overlapping functions during Drosophila eye morphogenesis. J Biomed Sci. 2012;19:46 pubmed publisherCAP/Capulet (Capt), Slingshot (Ssh) and Cofilin/Twinstar (Tsr) are actin-binding proteins that restrict actin polymerization...
- Marrone A, Kucherenko M, Rishko V, Shcherbata H. New dystrophin/dystroglycan interactors control neuron behavior in Drosophila eye. BMC Neurosci. 2011;12:93 pubmed publisher..Since the function of the DGC in the brain and nervous system has not been fully defined, we have here continued to analyze the DGC modifiers' function in the developing Drosophila brain and eye...
- Meisel R. Evolutionary dynamics of recently duplicated genes: Selective constraints on diverging paralogs in the Drosophila pseudoobscura genome. J Mol Evol. 2009;69:81-93 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the relative position of paralogs and the mechanism of duplication indirectly affect whether a duplicated gene is retained or pseudogenized. ..
- Herranz H, Milan M. Notch and affinity boundaries in Drosophila. Bioessays. 2006;28:113-6 pubmed..The second report analyzes the differential requirements of Notch and the transcription factor Suppressor of Hairless in generating the affinity boundary. ..
- Stevenson V, Theurkauf W. Actin cytoskeleton: putting a CAP on actin polymerization. Curr Biol. 2000;10:R695-7 pubmedTwo recent studies have identified a Drosophila homolog of cyclase-associated protein (CAP) as a developmentally important negative regulator of actin polymerization that may also directly mediate signal transduction.
- Menut L, Vaccari T, Dionne H, Hill J, Wu G, Bilder D. A mosaic genetic screen for Drosophila neoplastic tumor suppressor genes based on defective pupation. Genetics. 2007;177:1667-77 pubmed..The isolation of additional loci that affect hyperplastic as well as neoplastic growth indicates the utility of this screening strategy for studying epithelial growth control. ..
- Baum B. Drosophila oogenesis: generating an axis of polarity. Curr Biol. 2002;12:R835-7 pubmed..New studies of moesin function during Drosophila oogenesis show that Dmoesin tethers actin to the oocyte membrane. Interestingly, Dmoesin and an intact cortex are also required to stabilise ooycte polarity. ..
- Paunola E, Mattila P, Lappalainen P. WH2 domain: a small, versatile adapter for actin monomers. FEBS Lett. 2002;513:92-7 pubmed..beta-thymosins, ciboulot, WASP (Wiskott Aldrich syndrome protein), verprolin/WIP (WASP-interacting protein), Srv2/CAP (adenylyl cyclase-associated protein) and several uncharacterized proteins...
- Jodoin J, Coravos J, Chanet S, Vasquez C, Tworoger M, Kingston E, et al. Stable Force Balance between Epithelial Cells Arises from F-Actin Turnover. Dev Cell. 2015;35:685-97 pubmed publisher..Our work identifies a critical role for F-actin turnover in connecting actomyosin to intercellular junctions, defining a dynamic process required for the stability of force balance across intercellular contacts in tissues. ..
- Janody F, Treisman J. Actin capping protein alpha maintains vestigial-expressing cells within the Drosophila wing disc epithelium. Development. 2006;133:3349-57 pubmed..We have found that Capping protein alpha (Cpa) and Capping protein beta (Cpb), which prevent extension of the barbed ends of actin filaments, ..
- DeVido S, Kwon D, Brown J, Kassis J. The role of Polycomb-group response elements in regulation of engrailed transcription in Drosophila. Development. 2008;135:669-76 pubmed publisher..Our data are consistent with the model that engrailed PREs bring chromatin together, allowing both positive and negative regulatory interactions between distantly located DNA fragments. ..
- Minakhina S, Myers R, Druzhinina M, Steward R. Crosstalk between the actin cytoskeleton and Ran-mediated nuclear transport. BMC Cell Biol. 2005;6:32 pubmed..We show that in chic mutants, as in Sd-RanGAP, nuclear export is impaired. Our data suggest that Profilin and the organization of the actin cytoskeleton play an important role in nuclear trafficking. ..
- Lee H, Engel U, Rusch J, Scherrer S, Sheard K, Van Vactor D. The microtubule plus end tracking protein Orbit/MAST/CLASP acts downstream of the tyrosine kinase Abl in mediating axon guidance. Neuron. 2004;42:913-26 pubmed..These and other data suggest a model where Abl acts as a central signaling node to coordinate actin and microtubule dynamics downstream of guidance receptors. ..
- Otani T, Oshima K, Onishi S, Takeda M, Shinmyozu K, Yonemura S, et al. IKK? regulates cell elongation through recycling endosome shuttling. Dev Cell. 2011;20:219-32 pubmed publisher..Our results establish an evolutionarily conserved function of IKK-related kinases in regulating recycling endosome dynamics and point to a key role of endosome dynamics in cell morphogenesis. ..
- Yamazaki H, Nusse R. Identification of DCAP, a drosophila homolog of a glucose transport regulatory complex. Mech Dev. 2002;119:115-9 pubmed..Through alternative splicing, the DCAP gene generates a set of five different proteins with unique N-terminal sequences and a common C-terminal SH3 domain...
- Gaspar P, Holder M, Aerne B, Janody F, Tapon N. Zyxin antagonizes the FERM protein expanded to couple F-actin and Yorkie-dependent organ growth. Curr Biol. 2015;25:679-689 pubmed publisher..interaction with the actin-associated protein Enabled (Ena) via a conserved LPPPP motif and is antagonized by Capping Protein (CP)...