Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CAP D2
Description: CAP-D2 condensin subunit
Alias: CAP-D2, CG1911, CapD2, DmCAP-D2, Dmel\CG1911, dCap-D2, CAP-D2 condensin subunit, CG1911-PA, Cap-D2-PA, dCap-D2
Species: fruit fly
- Schuster A, Sarvepalli K, Murphy E, Longworth M. Condensin II subunit dCAP-D3 restricts retrotransposon mobilization in Drosophila somatic cells. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003879 pubmed publisher..These findings identify a novel role for the anti-pairing activities of dCAP-D3/Condensin II and uncover a new way in which dCAP-D3/Condensin II influences local chromatin structure to help maintain genome stability. ..
- Pek J, Kai T. Non-coding RNAs enter mitosis: functions, conservation and implications. Cell Div. 2011;6:6 pubmed publisher..We also highlight relevant studies implicating mitotic roles for RNAs and/or nuage in other model systems and their implications for cancer development. ..
- Pek J, Kai T. DEAD-box RNA helicase Belle/DDX3 and the RNA interference pathway promote mitotic chromosome segregation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:12007-12 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the RNA helicase Belle/DDX3 and the RNA interference pathway perform a common role in regulating chromosome segregation in Drosophila and human somatic cells. ..
- Lancaster O, Breuer M, Cullen C, Ito T, Ohkura H. The meiotic recombination checkpoint suppresses NHK-1 kinase to prevent reorganisation of the oocyte nucleus in Drosophila. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1001179 pubmed publisher..Therefore we propose that NHK-1 is a crucial regulator of meiosis and that the meiotic checkpoint suppresses NHK-1 activity to prevent oocyte nuclear reorganisation until DNA breaks are repaired. ..
- Krishnan B, Thomas S, Yan R, Yamada H, Zhulin I, McKee B. Sisters unbound is required for meiotic centromeric cohesion in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2014;198:947-65 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data show that SUNN is an essential meiosis-specific Drosophila cohesion protein. ..
- Nikalayevich E, Ohkura H. The NuRD nucleosome remodelling complex and NHK-1 kinase are required for chromosome condensation in oocytes. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:566-75 pubmed..We further show that NHK-1 is important for chromosome condensation during mitosis as well as in oocytes. ..
- D Avino P, Archambault V, Przewloka M, Zhang W, Laue E, Glover D. Isolation of protein complexes involved in mitosis and cytokinesis from Drosophila cultured cells. Methods Mol Biol. 2009;545:99-112 pubmed publisher..Although this method has proven very successful in isolating mitotic and cytokinetic complexes, it can also be used to characterise protein complexes involved in many other cellular processes. ..