Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CanB2
Description: Calcineurin B2
Alias: CG11217, CS2-1, Dmel\CG11217, canB2, dCNB2, dCnB2, calcineurin B2, CG11217-PA, CG11217-PB, CanB2-PA, CanB2-PB, calcineurin suppressor, chromosome 2, group 1
Species: fruit fly
- Deng H, Gerencser A, Jasper H. Signal integration by Ca(2+) regulates intestinal stem-cell activity. Nature. 2015;528:212-7 pubmed publisher..We propose that the dynamic regulation of intracellular Ca(2+) levels allows effective integration of diverse mitogenic signals in ISCs to adapt their proliferative activity to the needs of the tissue. ..
- Tomita J, Mitsuyoshi M, Ueno T, Aso Y, Tanimoto H, Nakai Y, et al. Pan-neuronal knockdown of calcineurin reduces sleep in the fruit fly, Drosophila melanogaster. J Neurosci. 2011;31:13137-46 pubmed publisher..These results indicate a role for Cn and calcium-dependent signal transduction in sleep and memory regulation and may bring insight into the relationship between them. ..
- Watanabe Y, Takahashi A, Itoh M, Takano Shimizu T. Molecular spectrum of spontaneous de novo mutations in male and female germline cells of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2009;181:1035-43 pubmed publisher..The high occurrence of NAHR that we observed has important consequences for genome evolution through the production of segmental duplications. ..
- Krauchunas A, Sackton K, Wolfner M. Phospho-regulation pathways during egg activation in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2013;195:171-80 pubmed publisher..Nuclei, Young Arrest, Spindly, and Vap-33-1-as molecular markers, we showed that the egg activation genes sarah, CanB2, and cortex are required for the phospho-regulation of multiple proteins...
- Eeken J, Romeijn R, de Jong A, Pastink A, Lohman P. Isolation and genetic characterisation of the Drosophila homologue of (SCE)REV3, encoding the catalytic subunit of DNA polymerase zeta. Mutat Res. 2001;485:237-53 pubmed..This phenotype of the Drosophila mus205 mutant is strikingly different from the phenotype of the yeast rev3 mutant, which is hypomutable after UV, X-rays, NQO and alkylating agents. ..
- Gajewski K, Wang J, Schulz R. Calcineurin function is required for myofilament formation and troponin I isoform transition in Drosophila indirect flight muscle. Dev Biol. 2006;289:17-29 pubmedMutations in the Drosophila calcineurin B2 gene cause the collapse of indirect flight muscles during mid stages of pupal development...
- Schulz R, Yutzey K. Calcineurin signaling and NFAT activation in cardiovascular and skeletal muscle development. Dev Biol. 2004;266:1-16 pubmed
- Singh K, Ju J, Walsh M, Diiorio M, Hart A. Deep conservation of genes required for both Drosphila melanogaster and Caenorhabditis elegans sleep includes a role for dopaminergic signaling. Sleep. 2014;37:1439-51 pubmed publisher..Quantitative analysis of various components of quiescence suggests that interdependent or identical cellular and molecular mechanisms are likely to regulate both arousal and sleep entry. ..
- Warren W, Palmer S, Howells A. Molecular characterization of the cinnabar region of Drosophila melanogaster: identification of the cinnabar transcription unit. Genetica. 1996;98:249-62 pubmed..The predicted cn protein contains several sequence motifs common to aromatic monooxygenases and is consistent with the assignment of cn as encoding the structural gene for kynurenine 3-monooxygenase. ..
- Gajewski K, Wang J, Molkentin J, Chen E, Olson E, Schulz R. Requirement of the calcineurin subunit gene canB2 for indirect flight muscle formation in Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:1040-5 pubmed..Here, we demonstrate that a mutation in the canB2 gene, which encodes a regulatory subunit of Drosophila calcineurin, can suppress a pupal developmental arrest ..