Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Calr
Alias: CG9429, Clr, Crc, Dmel\CG9429, anon-EST:Liang-2.11, anon-EST:Liang-2.17, anon-EST:fe3D7, chr3R:5454619..5454778, clone 2.11, clone 2.17, crc, eth, potp, calreticulin, CG9429-PA, CG9429-PB, Calr-PA, Calr-PB, anon-fast-evolving-3D7, pot pourri, potpourri
Species: fruit fly
- Yamamoto A, Zwarts L, Callaerts P, Norga K, Mackay T, Anholt R. Neurogenetic networks for startle-induced locomotion in Drosophila melanogaster. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:12393-8 pubmed publisher..We find that behavioral and neuroanatomical phenotypes are determined by a common set of genes that are organized as partially overlapping genetic networks. ..
- Stoltzfus J, Horton W, Grotewiel M. Odor-guided behavior in Drosophila requires calreticulin. J Comp Physiol A Neuroethol Sens Neural Behav Physiol. 2003;189:471-83 pubmed..To further elucidate the molecular basis of olfaction, we explored the role of the calcium-binding chaperone calreticulin in the behavioral response of Drosophila to aversive odorants...
- Tolhuis B, Blom M, Kerkhoven R, Pagie L, Teunissen H, Nieuwland M, et al. Interactions among Polycomb domains are guided by chromosome architecture. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1001343 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that many interactions among PcG target genes exist and that these interactions are guided by overall chromosome architecture. ..
- Law A, Hirayoshi K, O BRIEN T, Lis J. Direct cloning of DNA that interacts in vivo with a specific protein: application to RNA polymerase II and sites of pausing in Drosophila. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:919-24 pubmed..At least some of these map to the 5'-ends of genes. These results suggest that transcriptional pausing of Pol II is a general phenomenon in vivo. ..
- Tao Y, Zeng Z, Li J, Hartl D, Laurie C. Genetic dissection of hybrid incompatibilities between Drosophila simulans and D. mauritiana. II. Mapping hybrid male sterility loci on the third chromosome. Genetics. 2003;164:1399-418 pubmed..These results are consistent with the gradual evolution of hybrid incompatibilities as a by-product of genetic divergence in allopatric populations...
- Williams M, Klockars A, Eriksson A, Voisin S, Dnyansagar R, Wiemerslage L, et al. The Drosophila ETV5 Homologue Ets96B: Molecular Link between Obesity and Bipolar Disorder. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1006104 pubmed publisher..Finally, a connection between the obesity-linked gene ETV5 and bipolar disorder emphasizes a functional relationship between obesity and BD at the molecular level. ..
- Jayaram S, Senti K, Tiklová K, Tsarouhas V, Hemphälä J, Samakovlis C. COPI vesicle transport is a common requirement for tube expansion in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e1964 pubmed publisher..Thus, the programmed deposition and growth of distinct luminal molds may provide distending forces during tube expansion in diverse organs. ..
- Christodoulou S, Lockyer A, Foster J, Hoheisel J, Roberts D. Nucleotide sequence of a Drosophila melanogaster cDNA encoding a calnexin homologue. Gene. 1997;191:143-8 pubmed..The gene was found to be transcribed in various tissues and at all developmental stages. We have mapped the gene at chromosomal position 99A and we have also mapped the related gene coding for Drosophila calreticulin at 85E.
- Williams M, Perland E, Eriksson M, Carlsson J, Erlandsson D, Laan L, et al. Recurrent Sleep Fragmentation Induces Insulin and Neuroprotective Mechanisms in Middle-Aged Flies. Front Aging Neurosci. 2016;8:180 pubmed publisher..The fact that neuroprotective pathways remain upregulated in middle-aged flies beyond sleep fragmentation suggests it might represent a strong stressor for the brain during later life. ..
- Hausdorf B. Early evolution of the bilateria. Syst Biol. 2000;49:130-42 pubmed..Estimations of the divergence times show that the major bilaterian phyla did not originate in an explosive radiation during the Cambrian but rather that the Bilateria have a several hundred million years long Precambrian history. ..
- Stein W. Kinetics of transport: analyzing, testing, and characterizing models using kinetic approaches. Methods Enzymol. 1989;171:23-62 pubmed
- Gamo S, Tomida J, Dodo K, Keyakidani D, Matakatsu H, Yamamoto D, et al. Calreticulin mediates anesthetic sensitivity in Drosophila melanogaster. Anesthesiology. 2003;99:867-75 pubmed..authors isolated a Drosophila mutant, ethas311, that was hypersensitive to diethylether and characterized the calreticulin (crc) gene as a candidate of altered anesthetic sensitivity...
- Tao Y, Chen S, Hartl D, Laurie C. Genetic dissection of hybrid incompatibilities between Drosophila simulans and D. mauritiana. I. Differential accumulation of hybrid male sterility effects on the X and autosomes. Genetics. 2003;164:1383-97 pubmed..Possible mechanisms of a "large X" effect include selective fixation of new mutations that are recessive or partially recessive and the evolution of sex-ratio distortion systems...
- Swarup S, Harbison S, Hahn L, Morozova T, Yamamoto A, Mackay T, et al. Extensive epistasis for olfactory behaviour, sleep and waking activity in Drosophila melanogaster. Genet Res (Camb). 2012;94:9-20 pubmed publisher..melanogaster population on the mutational effects of P-element insertions in Semaphorin-5C (Sema-5c) and Calreticulin (Crc), pleiotropic genes that affect olfactory behaviour and startle behaviour and, in the case of Crc, sleep ..
- Grotewiel M, Beck C, Wu K, Zhu X, Davis R. Integrin-mediated short-term memory in Drosophila. Nature. 1998;391:455-60 pubmed..We propose a model in which integrins act as dynamic regulators of synapse structure or the signalling events underlying short-term memory formation. ..
- Walker M, Rylett C, Keen J, Audsley N, Sajid M, Shirras A, et al. Proteomic identification of Drosophila melanogaster male accessory gland proteins, including a pro-cathepsin and a soluble gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase. Proteome Sci. 2006;4:9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the present study has identified seven new secreted accessory gland proteins, including GGT-1, which was not recognised previously as a secreted accessory gland product...
- Kuraishi T, Nakagawa Y, Nagaosa K, Hashimoto Y, Ishimoto T, Moki T, et al. Pretaporter, a Drosophila protein serving as a ligand for Draper in the phagocytosis of apoptotic cells. EMBO J. 2009;28:3868-78 pubmed publisher..These results collectively suggest that Pretaporter relocates from the endoplasmic reticulum to the cell surface during apoptosis to serve as a ligand for Draper in the phagocytosis of apoptotic cells. ..
- Gamo S, Dodo K, Matakatsu H, Tanaka Y. Molecular genetical analysis of Drosophila ether sensitive mutants. Toxicol Lett. 1998;100-101:329-37 pubmed..3. Another sensitive mutant, eth(as)311. has a P-element in the 5'-untranslated region of Drosophila calreticulin gene (86BC)...