Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cal1
Description: chromosome alignment defect 1
Alias: CAL1, CG5148, CLD2, Cal1, Dmel\CG5148, chromosome alignment defect 1, CG5148-PA, cal1-PA
Species: fruit fly
- Chen C, Bowers S, Lipinszki Z, Palladino J, Trusiak S, Bettini E, et al. Establishment of Centromeric Chromatin by the CENP-A Assembly Factor CAL1 Requires FACT-Mediated Transcription. Dev Cell. 2015;34:73-84 pubmed publisher..centromere function and cell-cycle progression, we demonstrate that CENP-A assembly by its loading factor, CAL1, requires RNAPII-mediated transcription of the underlying DNA...
- Barth T, Schade G, Schmidt A, Vetter I, Wirth M, Heun P, et al. Identification of novel Drosophila centromere-associated proteins. Proteomics. 2014;14:2167-78 pubmed publisher..All MS data have been deposited in the ProteomeXchange with identifier PXD000758 (http://proteomecentral.proteomexchange.org/dataset/PXD000758). ..
- Bade D, Pauleau A, Wendler A, Erhardt S. The E3 ligase CUL3/RDX controls centromere maintenance by ubiquitylating and stabilizing CENP-A in a CAL1-dependent manner. Dev Cell. 2014;28:508-19 pubmed publisher..CENP-A deposition to centromeres depends on a specialized loading factor from yeast to humans that is called CAL1 in Drosophila. Here, we show that CAL1 directly interacts with RDX, an adaptor for CUL3-mediated ubiquitylation...
- Unhavaithaya Y, Orr Weaver T. Centromere proteins CENP-C and CAL1 functionally interact in meiosis for centromere clustering, pairing, and chromosome segregation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:19878-83 pubmed publisher..exploited Drosophila mutants for the centromere proteins centromere protein-C (CENP-C) and chromosome alignment 1 (CAL1) to demonstrate that a functional centromere is needed for centromere clustering and pairing...
- Unhavaithaya Y, Park E, Royzman I, Orr Weaver T. Drosophila embryonic cell-cycle mutants. G3 (Bethesda). 2013;3:1875-80 pubmed publisher..Other mutations affecting the centromere protein CAL1 and the kinetochore protein Spc105R caused mitotic defects in the nervous system.
- Rosin L, Mellone B. Co-evolving CENP-A and CAL1 Domains Mediate Centromeric CENP-A Deposition across Drosophila Species. Dev Cell. 2016;37:136-47 pubmed publisher..We show that this result is due to the inability of the mel CENP-A chaperone, CAL1, to deposit bip CENP-A into chromatin...
- Kwenda L, Collins C, Dattoli A, Dunleavy E. Nucleolar activity and CENP-C regulate CENP-A and CAL1 availability for centromere assembly in meiosis. Development. 2016;143:1400-12 pubmed publisher..In Drosophila males we show that the centromere assembly factors CAL1 and CENP-C are required for meiotic chromosome segregation, CENP-A assembly and maintenance on sperm, as well as ..
- Lidsky P, Sprenger F, Lehner C. Distinct modes of centromere protein dynamics during cell cycle progression in Drosophila S2R+ cells. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:4782-93 pubmed publisher..Thus we have analyzed the dynamics of the three key players Cid/Cenp-A, Cenp-C and Cal1 in S2R+ cells using quantitative microscopy and fluorescence recovery after photobleaching, in combination with ..
- Venkei Z, Przewloka M, Glover D. Drosophila Mis12 complex acts as a single functional unit essential for anaphase chromosome movement and a robust spindle assembly checkpoint. Genetics. 2011;187:131-40 pubmed publisher..Importantly our results indicate that core structural elements of the inner plate of the kinetochore have a greater contribution to faithful chromosome segregation in anaphase than in earlier stages of mitosis. ..
- Wright A, Fox A, Johnson K, Zinn K. Systematic screening of Drosophila deficiency mutations for embryonic phenotypes and orphan receptor ligands. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12288 pubmed publisher..In the future, these deficiency kits will allow Drosophila researchers to rapidly and efficiently execute genome-wide anatomical screens that require examination of individual embryos at high magnification. ..