Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ca-alpha1D
Description: Ca[2+]-channel protein alpha[] subunit D
Alias: BG:DS02795.1, CG4894, Ca-_1D, Ca-a1D, Ca-alpha1, Ca-alpha[]D, Ca_alpha1D, Caalpha1D, DmCa1D, DmCa1alpha1, Dmca1D, Dmel\CG4894, DroCa1, alpha1, alpha1D, ca-alpha1D, ca-alpha1d, caID, cad, l(2)35Fa, l35Fa, Ca[2+]-channel protein alpha[] subunit D, CG4894-PA, CG4894-PB, CG4894-PC, CG4894-PD, CG4894-PE, CG4894-PF, CG4894-PG, CG4894-PH, CG4894-PI, CG4894-PJ, Ca-alpha1D-PA, Ca-alpha1D-PB, Ca-alpha1D-PC, Ca-alpha1D-PD, Ca-alpha1D-PE, Ca-alpha1D-PF, Ca-alpha1D-PG, Ca-alpha1D-PH, Ca-alpha1D-PI, Ca-alpha1D-PJ, Ca2+-channel protein alpha1 subunit D, Ca[2+]-channel alpha1 subunit, alpha-1 subunit Ca2[+] channel type D, calcium channel alpha-1 subunit, drosophila melanogaster calcium channel alpha[] subunit DHP-sensitive
Species: fruit fly
- Frolov R, Singh S. Evidence of more ion channels inhibited by celecoxib: KV1.3 and L-type Ca(2+) channels. BMC Res Notes. 2015;8:62 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, the Ca(2+) channel results are consistent with previous observations indicating that, in contrast to K(+) channels, strength of celecoxib effects on LTCCs strongly varies from species to species. ..
- MacPherson M, Pollock V, Broderick K, Kean L, O Connell F, Dow J, et al. Model organisms: new insights into ion channel and transporter function. L-type calcium channels regulate epithelial fluid transport in Drosophila melanogaster. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2001;280:C394-407 pubmed..We have shown by RT-PCR that the Drosophila L-type calcium channel alpha1-subunit genes Dmca1D and Dmca1A (nbA) are both expressed in tubules...
- Dickman D, Kurshan P, Schwarz T. Mutations in a Drosophila alpha2delta voltage-gated calcium channel subunit reveal a crucial synaptic function. J Neurosci. 2008;28:31-8 pubmed publisher..In addition to their alpha1 subunit, which encodes the essential voltage gate and selective pore, calcium channels also contain auxiliary ..
- Ren D, Xu H, Eberl D, Chopra M, Hall L. A mutation affecting dihydropyridine-sensitive current levels and activation kinetics in Drosophila muscle and mammalian heart calcium channels. J Neurosci. 1998;18:2335-41 pubmedThe Dmca1D gene encodes a Drosophila calcium channel alpha1 subunit. We describe the first functional characterization of a mutation in this gene...
- Kanamori T, Kanai M, Dairyo Y, Yasunaga K, Morikawa R, Emoto K. Compartmentalized calcium transients trigger dendrite pruning in Drosophila sensory neurons. Science. 2013;340:1475-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal the importance of the compartmentalized subdendritic calcium signaling in spatiotemporally selective elimination of dendritic branches. ..
- Pervouchine D. IRBIS: a systematic search for conserved complementarity. RNA. 2014;20:1519-31 pubmed publisher..g., transcription factor binding sites) contribute strongly to the false-discovery rate and, therefore, would confound every such analysis. IRBIS is an open-source software that is available at http://genome.crg.es/~dmitri/irbis/. ..
- Rieder L, Savva Y, Reyna M, Chang Y, Dorsky J, Rezaei A, et al. Dynamic response of RNA editing to temperature in Drosophila. BMC Biol. 2015;13:1 pubmed publisher..Environmental cues, in this case temperature, rapidly reprogram the Drosophila transcriptome through RNA editing, presumably resulting in altered proteomic ratios of edited and unedited proteins. ..
- Terada S, Matsubara D, Onodera K, Matsuzaki M, Uemura T, Usui T. Neuronal processing of noxious thermal stimuli mediated by dendritic Ca(2+) influx in Drosophila somatosensory neurons. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..The precipitous fluctuation of firing rate in Class IV neurons enhanced the robust heat avoidance. We hypothesize that the Ca(2+) influx can be a key signal encoding a specific modality. ..
- Rieckhof G, Yoshihara M, Guan Z, Littleton J. Presynaptic N-type calcium channels regulate synaptic growth. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:41099-108 pubmed..Linking presynaptic voltage-gated calcium entry to downstream calcium-sensitive synaptic growth regulators provides an efficient activity-dependent mechanism for modifying synaptic strength. ..
- Romero E, Cha G, Verstreken P, Ly C, Hughes R, Bellen H, et al. Suppression of neurodegeneration and increased neurotransmission caused by expanded full-length huntingtin accumulating in the cytoplasm. Neuron. 2008;57:27-40 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data indicate that increased neurotransmission is at the root of neuronal degeneration caused by expanded full-length htt during early stages of pathogenesis. ..
- Hara Y, Koganezawa M, Yamamoto D. The Dmca1D channel mediates Ca(2+) inward currents in Drosophila embryonic muscles. J Neurogenet. 2015;29:117-23 pubmed publisher..The Ca(2+) current in the embryonic muscle was completely eliminated in Dmca1D mutants, indicating that the Dmca1D-encoded Ca(2+) channel is the major mediator of inward currents in the body ..
- Bhogal B, Jepson J, Savva Y, Pepper A, Reenan R, Jongens T. Modulation of dADAR-dependent RNA editing by the Drosophila fragile X mental retardation protein. Nat Neurosci. 2011;14:1517-24 pubmed publisher..These results link dFMR1 with the RNA-editing pathway and suggest that proper NMJ synaptic architecture requires modulation of dADAR activity by dFMR1. ..
- Worrell J, Levine R. Characterization of voltage-dependent Ca2+ currents in identified Drosophila motoneurons in situ. J Neurophysiol. 2008;100:868-78 pubmed publisher..The Drosophila genome contains three genes with homology to vertebrate voltage-dependent Ca2+ channels: Dmca1A, Dmca1D, and Dmalpha1G...
- Lee J, Wu C. Orchestration of stepwise synaptic growth by K+ and Ca2+ channels in Drosophila. J Neurosci. 2010;30:15821-33 pubmed publisher..Post-synaptic L-type Ca(2+) channels, Dmca1D, and PSD-95-like scaffold protein, Discs large, are required for satellite budding induced by slowpoke and seizure ..
- Mahone M, Saffman E, Lasko P. Localized Bicaudal-C RNA encodes a protein containing a KH domain, the RNA binding motif of FMR1. EMBO J. 1995;14:2043-55 pubmed..Alteration of a highly conserved KH domain codon by mutation abrogates in vivo Bic-C function. These results suggest roles for the Bic-C protein in localizing RNAs and in intercellular signaling. ..
- Kadas D, Klein A, Krick N, Worrell J, Ryglewski S, Duch C. Dendritic and Axonal L-Type Calcium Channels Cooperate to Enhance Motoneuron Firing Output during Drosophila Larval Locomotion. J Neurosci. 2017;37:10971-10982 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that Dmca1D (Cav1 homolog) L-type like calcium channels localize to both the somatodendritic and the axonal ..
- Hu W, Wang T, Wang X, Han J. Ih channels control feedback regulation from amacrine cells to photoreceptors. PLoS Biol. 2015;13:e1002115 pubmed publisher..These results provide new mechanistic insight into how synaptic feedback regulation can participate in network processing by modulating neural information transfer and circuit excitability. ..
- Zheng W, Feng G, Ren D, Eberl D, Hannan F, Dubald M, et al. Cloning and characterization of a calcium channel alpha 1 subunit from Drosophila melanogaster with similarity to the rat brain type D isoform. J Neurosci. 1995;15:1132-43 pubmedWe report the complete sequence of a calcium channel alpha 1 subunit cDNA cloned from a Drosophila head cDNA library. This cDNA encodes a deduced protein containing 2516 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 276,493...
- Küppers B, Sanchez Soriano N, Letzkus J, Technau G, Prokop A. In developing Drosophila neurones the production of gamma-amino butyric acid is tightly regulated downstream of glutamate decarboxylase translation and can be influenced by calcium. J Neurochem. 2003;84:939-51 pubmed
- Gaasterland T, Sczyrba A, Thomas E, Aytekin Kurban G, Gordon P, Sensen C. MAGPIE/EGRET annotation of the 2.9-Mb Drosophila melanogaster Adh region. Genome Res. 2000;10:502-10 pubmed..The software modules that add eukaryotic genome annotation capability to MAGPIE are available as EGRET (Eukaryotic Genome Rapid Evaluation Tool). ..
- Eberl D, Ren D, Feng G, Lorenz L, Van Vactor D, Hall L. Genetic and developmental characterization of Dmca1D, a calcium channel alpha1 subunit gene in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1998;148:1159-69 pubmed..significance of calcium channel diversity, we identified mutations in Dmca1D, a Drosophila calcium channel alpha1 subunit cDNA that we recently cloned. These mutations constitute the l(2)35Fa lethal locus, which we rename Dmca1D...
- Ryglewski S, Lance K, Levine R, Duch C. Ca(v)2 channels mediate low and high voltage-activated calcium currents in Drosophila motoneurons. J Physiol. 2012;590:809-25 pubmed publisher..vertebrate gene family for voltage-gated calcium channels is represented by a single gene in Drosophila, namely Dmca1D (Ca(v)1), Dmca1A (Ca(v)2) and Dm?G (Ca(v)3), but the commonly held view that LVA calcium currents are usually ..
- Li X, Overton I, Baines R, Keegan L, O Connell M. The ADAR RNA editing enzyme controls neuronal excitability in Drosophila melanogaster. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:1139-51 pubmed publisher..GABA inhibitory signalling is impaired in human epileptic and autistic conditions, and vertebrate ADARs may have a relevant evolutionarily conserved control over neuronal excitability. ..
- Lin C, Mount S, Jarmołowski A, Makałowski W. Evolutionary dynamics of U12-type spliceosomal introns. BMC Evol Biol. 2010;10:47 pubmed publisher..Loss of U12 introns or the genes containing them is more common than conversion to the U2-type. The degeneracy of U12-type terminal dinucleotides among natural U12-type introns is higher than previously thought. ..
- Reese M, Hartzell G, Harris N, Ohler U, Abril J, Lewis S. Genome annotation assessment in Drosophila melanogaster. Genome Res. 2000;10:483-501 pubmed
- Stocker J, Huang H, Wang H, Chang H, Chiu C, Cho C, et al. Reduction of RNA A-to-I editing in Drosophila acclimated to heat shock. Kaohsiung J Med Sci. 2013;29:478-83 pubmed publisher..However, how RNA editing confers heat resistance is more complicated and requires further investigation. ..
- Kurshan P, Oztan A, Schwarz T. Presynaptic alpha2delta-3 is required for synaptic morphogenesis independent of its Ca2+-channel functions. Nat Neurosci. 2009;12:1415-23 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that alpha(2)delta proteins have functions that are independent of their roles in the biophysics and localization of Ca(2+) channels and that synaptic architecture depends on these functions. ..
- KrÃ¼ger J, Bohrmann J. Bioelectric patterning during oogenesis: stage-specific distribution of membrane potentials, intracellular pH and ion-transport mechanisms in Drosophila ovarian follicles. BMC Dev Biol. 2015;15:1 pubmed publisher..Characteristic stage-specific changes of bioelectric activity in specialized cell types are correlated with various developmental processes. ..
- Lee J, Ueda A, Wu C. Distinct roles of Drosophila cacophony and Dmca1D Ca(2+) channels in synaptic homeostasis: genetic interactions with slowpoke Ca(2+) -activated BK channels in presynaptic excitability and postsynaptic response. Dev Neurobiol. 2014;74:1-15 pubmed publisher..Here we report differential roles of cacophony (CaV 2) and Dmca1D (CaV 1) Ca(2+) channels in synaptic transmission and in synaptic homeostatic regulations induced by slowpoke (slo) ..
- Wang B, Sullivan K, Beckingham K. Drosophila calmodulin mutants with specific defects in the musculature or in the nervous system. Genetics. 2003;165:1255-68 pubmed..Genetic interaction studies suggest that failed regulation of the muscle calcium release channel, the ryanodine receptor, is the major defect underlying the Cam7 phenotype. ..