Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: c(2)M
Description: crossover suppressor on 2 of Manheim
Alias: BG:DS02740.10, CG4249, DS02740.10, Dmel\CG4249, MEI-910, mei-910, crossover suppressor on 2 of manheim, CG4249-PA, alpha-kleisin, c(2)M-PA
Species: fruit fly
- Khetani R, Bickel S. Regulation of meiotic cohesion and chromosome core morphogenesis during pachytene in Drosophila oocytes. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:3123-37 pubmed..We present a model for how chromosome cores are assembled during Drosophila meiosis and the role of ORD in meiotic cohesion, chromosome core maintenance and homologous recombination. ..
- Malmanche N, Owen S, Gegick S, Steffensen S, Tomkiel J, Sunkel C. Drosophila BubR1 is essential for meiotic sister-chromatid cohesion and maintenance of synaptonemal complex. Curr Biol. 2007;17:1489-97 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that BubR1 is essential to maintain sister-chromatid cohesion during meiotic progression in both sexes and for normal maintenance of SC in females...
- Heidmann D, Horn S, Heidmann S, Schleiffer A, Nasmyth K, Lehner C. The Drosophila meiotic kleisin C(2)M functions before the meiotic divisions. Chromosoma. 2004;113:177-87 pubmed..Therefore, C(2)M appears to function within the synaptonemal complex during prophase I but possibly not thereafter. This suggests that C(2)M may not confer sister chromatid cohesion needed for meiosis I and II chromosome segregation. ..
- Ivanovska I, Khandan T, Ito T, Orr Weaver T. A histone code in meiosis: the histone kinase, NHK-1, is required for proper chromosomal architecture in Drosophila oocytes. Genes Dev. 2005;19:2571-82 pubmed..These studies reveal a critical role for histone modifications in chromosome dynamics in meiosis and mitosis. ..
- Gyuricza M, Manheimer K, Apte V, Krishnan B, Joyce E, McKee B, et al. Dynamic and Stable Cohesins Regulate Synaptonemal Complex Assembly and Chromosome Segregation. Curr Biol. 2016;26:1688-1698 pubmed publisher..For example, a dynamic complex may allow the chromosomes to regulate meiotic recombination, and a stable complex may be required for sister-chromatid cohesion. ..
- Kurdzo E, Dawson D. Centromere pairing--tethering partner chromosomes in meiosis I. FEBS J. 2015;282:2458-70 pubmed publisher..The finding that centromere pairing is a conserved phenomenon raises the possibility that it may play a role in promoting the segregation fidelity of non-exchange chromosome pairs in humans. ..
- Page S, Nielsen R, Teeter K, Lake C, Ong S, Wright K, et al. A germline clone screen for meiotic mutants in Drosophila melanogaster. Fly (Austin). 2007;1:172-81 pubmed..This study demonstrates the utility of germline clone-based screens for the discovery of strong meiotic mutants, including mutations in essential genes, and the use of molecular genetic techniques to map the loci. ..
- Harris D, Orme C, Kramer J, Namba L, Champion M, Palladino M, et al. A deficiency screen of the major autosomes identifies a gene (matrimony) that is haplo-insufficient for achiasmate segregation in Drosophila oocytes. Genetics. 2003;165:637-52 pubmed
- Joyce E, McKim K. Chromosome axis defects induce a checkpoint-mediated delay and interchromosomal effect on crossing over during Drosophila meiosis. PLoS Genet. 2010;6: pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a model in which the pachytene checkpoint monitors the structure of chromosome axes and may function to promote an optimal number of crossovers. ..
- Reese M, Hartzell G, Harris N, Ohler U, Abril J, Lewis S. Genome annotation assessment in Drosophila melanogaster. Genome Res. 2000;10:483-501 pubmed
- Hong X, Doddapaneni H, Comeron J, Rodesch M, Halvensleben H, Nien C, et al. Microarray-based capture of novel expressed cell type-specific transfrags (CoNECT) to annotate tissue-specific transcription in Drosophila melanogaster. G3 (Bethesda). 2012;2:873-82 pubmed publisher..Ovary and testis isotigs over 200 bp have been deposited with the GenBank Transcriptome Shotgun Assembly Sequence Database as bioproject no.PRJNA89451 (accession nos. JV208106–JV230865). ..
- Pek J, Ng B, Kai T. Polo-mediated phosphorylation of Maelstrom regulates oocyte determination during oogenesis in Drosophila. Development. 2012;139:4505-13 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the Polo-mediated phosphorylation of Maelstrom may be a mechanism that controls oocyte determination by inactivating the pachytene checkpoint via the repression of Sir2 in Drosophila ovaries. ..
- Urban E, Nagarkar Jaiswal S, Lehner C, Heidmann S. The cohesin subunit Rad21 is required for synaptonemal complex maintenance, but not sister chromatid cohesion, during Drosophila female meiosis. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004540 pubmed publisher..Thus, chromatid cohesion during female meiosis does not depend on Rad21-containing cohesin. ..
- Willingham A, Keil T. A tissue specific cytochrome P450 required for the structure and function of Drosophila sensory organs. Mech Dev. 2004;121:1289-97 pubmed
- Tanneti N, Landy K, Joyce E, McKim K. A pathway for synapsis initiation during zygotene in Drosophila oocytes. Curr Biol. 2011;21:1852-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the early euchromatic SC initiation events at mid-zygotene may be required for DSBs to be repaired as crossovers. ..
- Meyer R, Algazeery A, Capri M, Brazier H, Ferry C, AÃ¯t Ahmed O. Drosophila Yemanuclein associates with the cohesin and synaptonemal complexes. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:4658-66 pubmed publisher..This is further supported by the impact of yem mutations on DSB kinetics. A Hira mutation gave a similar effect, presumably through disruption of Hira-Yem complex. ..