Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: by
Alias: 3R-B, BcDNA:RE65113, CG9379, CT26639, Dmel\CG9379, blistery, 3R-B, CG9379-PA, CG9379-PC, CG9379-PD, by-PA, by-PC, by-PD, tensin
Species: fruit fly
- Zimmerman E, Palsson A, Gibson G. Quantitative trait loci affecting components of wing shape in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2000;155:671-83 pubmed..candidate quantitative trait loci (QTL) affecting components of wing shape in Drosophila melanogaster defined by eight relative warp-based measures...
- Kemphues K, Raff E, Kaufman T. Genetic analysis of B2t, the structural gene for a testis-specific beta-tubulin subunit in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1983;105:345-56 pubmed..All four mutant genes encode beta 2-tubulin subunits that are synthesized at normal rates but do not accumulate. All mutants are completely male sterile as homozygotes. ..
- Lo S. Focal adhesions: what's new inside. Dev Biol. 2006;294:280-91 pubmed..Recent studies using genetic approaches in invertebrate and vertebrate systems have begun to reveal the structure and function of these complexes in vivo. ..
- Fuller M, Caulton J, Hutchens J, Kaufman T, Raff E. Mutations that encode partially functional beta 2 tubulin subunits have different effects on structurally different microtubule arrays. J Cell Biol. 1988;107:141-52 pubmed
- Wheeler G, Hynes R. The cloning, genomic organization and expression of the focal contact protein paxillin in Drosophila. Gene. 2001;262:291-9 pubmed..The data support a role for paxillin as an adapter and/or signaling protein during developmental processes involving integrin-mediated adhesion. ..
- Wilczynski B, Liu Y, Yeo Z, Furlong E. Predicting spatial and temporal gene expression using an integrative model of transcription factor occupancy and chromatin state. PLoS Comput Biol. 2012;8:e1002798 pubmed publisher..Model predictions were validated using the expression patterns of more than 600 genes recently made available by the BDGP consortium, demonstrating an average 15-fold enrichment of genes expressed in the predicted tissue over a ..
- Tanentzapf G, Martin Bermudo M, Hicks M, Brown N. Multiple factors contribute to integrin-talin interactions in vivo. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:1632-44 pubmed..for recruitment, but the C-terminal domain also required endogenous talin, showing it was not recruited directly by integrins...
- Turner T, Stewart A, Fields A, Rice W, Tarone A. Population-based resequencing of experimentally evolved populations reveals the genetic basis of body size variation in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1001336 pubmed publisher..b>By using significantly associated polymorphisms as a priori candidates in follow-up studies, these data are expected to ..
- Pines M, Das R, Ellis S, Morin A, Czerniecki S, Yuan L, et al. Mechanical force regulates integrin turnover in Drosophila in vivo. Nat Cell Biol. 2012;14:935-43 pubmed publisher..This effect was disrupted by point mutations in ?-integrin that interfere with ECM-induced conformational changes and activation of ?-integrin or ..
- Levi B, Ghabrial A, Krasnow M. Drosophila talin and integrin genes are required for maintenance of tracheal terminal branches and luminal organization. Development. 2006;133:2383-93 pubmed..Drosophila tendrils mutations that compromise maintenance of tracheal terminal branches, fine gauge tubes formed by tracheal terminal cells that ramify on and adhere tightly to tissues in order to supply them with oxygen...
- Carmon A, Topbas F, Baron M, MacIntyre R. dumpy interacts with a large number of genes in the developing wing of Drosophila melanogaster. Fly (Austin). 2010;4:117-27 pubmed..genes previously recovered in a screen for recessive lethals that generate blisters when somatic clones are produced by mitotic crossing over during wing development...
- Zervas C, Psarra E, Williams V, Solomon E, Vakaloglou K, Brown N. A central multifunctional role of integrin-linked kinase at muscle attachment sites. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:1316-27 pubmed publisher..of ILK at MASs appears to follow an amplification mechanism, suggesting that numerous binding sites are generated by minimal levels of the upstream integrin and talin effectors...
- Delon I, Brown N. The integrin adhesion complex changes its composition and function during morphogenesis of an epithelium. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:4363-74 pubmed publisher..reorientation requires new expression of alphaPS2betaPS, which also permits recruitment of the adaptor protein tensin. Unexpectedly, it is the extracellular portion of the alphaPS2 subunit that provides the specificity for ..
- Pronovost S, Beckerle M, Kadrmas J. Elevated expression of the integrin-associated protein PINCH suppresses the defects of Drosophila melanogaster muscle hypercontraction mutants. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003406 pubmed publisher..b>By testing a panel of IAC proteins, we show specificity for PINCH expression in the rescue of hypercontraction mutants...