Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Bruce
Description: BIR repeat containing ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme
Alias: BRUCE, CG6303, Dmel\CG6303, bruce, dBRUCE, dBruce, dbruce, mod86, BIR repeat containing ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme, Bruce-PA, Bruce-PB, Bruce-PC, Bruce-PD, Bruce-PE, CG6303-PA, CG6303-PB, CG6303-PC, CG6303-PD, CG6303-PE, dbruce, mod86
Species: fruit fly
- Domingues C, Ryoo H. Drosophila BRUCE inhibits apoptosis through non-lysine ubiquitination of the IAP-antagonist REAPER. Cell Death Differ. 2012;19:470-7 pubmed publisher..modifiers of this pathway include another IAP family gene encoding an E2 ubiquitin conjugating enzyme domain, dBruce. Although the genetic effects of dBruce mutants are well documented, molecular targets of its encoded protein have ..
- Yoo S. Grim stimulates Diap1 poly-ubiquitination by binding to UbcD1. Mol Cells. 2005;20:446-51 pubmed..The possibility that dBruce is another E2 interacting with Diap1 was examined...
- Bartolomé C, Maside X, Yi S, Grant A, Charlesworth B. Patterns of selection on synonymous and nonsynonymous variants in Drosophila miranda. Genetics. 2005;169:1495-507 pubmed..The joint intensity of selection and biased gene conversion, in terms of the product of effective population size and the sum of the selection and conversion coefficients, was estimated to be approximately 0.65. ..
- Gafuik C, Steller H. A gain-of-function germline mutation in Drosophila ras1 affects apoptosis and cell fate during development. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23535 pubmed publisher..Finally, we used ras1(R68Q) to identify novel genes that interact with Ras and suppress cell death. ..
- Orihara Ono M, Suzuki E, Saito M, Yoda Y, Aigaki T, Hama C. The slender lobes gene, identified by retarded mushroom body development, is required for proper nucleolar organization in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2005;281:121-33 pubmed..Therefore, we conclude that Sle is a general factor of nuclear architecture in Drosophila that is required for the correct organization of the nucleolus during development. ..
- Arya R, White K. Cell death in development: Signaling pathways and core mechanisms. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2015;39:12-9 pubmed publisher..Understanding how the cell death is regulated during development may provide insight into how this process can be manipulated in the treatment of disease. ..
- Baehrecke E. Caspase activation finds fertile ground. Dev Cell. 2003;4:608-9 pubmed..Recent work demonstrates that cytochrome c and caspases function in Drosophila sperm cell differentiation and indicates that caspase activity can be regulated in a subcellular manner in cells that live. ..
- Nezis I, Shravage B, Sagona A, Lamark T, Bjørkøy G, Johansen T, et al. Autophagic degradation of dBruce controls DNA fragmentation in nurse cells during late Drosophila melanogaster oogenesis. J Cell Biol. 2010;190:523-31 pubmed publisher..The Drosophila inhibitor of apoptosis (IAP) dBruce was found to colocalize with the autophagic marker GFP-Atg8a and accumulated in autophagy mutants...
- Nezis I, Shravage B, Sagona A, Johansen T, Baehrecke E, Stenmark H. Autophagy as a trigger for cell death: autophagic degradation of inhibitor of apoptosis dBruce controls DNA fragmentation during late oogenesis in Drosophila. Autophagy. 2010;6:1214-5 pubmed..We found that Drosophila inhibitor of apoptosis dBruce is degraded by autophagy and this degradation promotes DNA fragmentation and subsequent nurse cell death...