Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Bre1
Alias: BRE1, Bre-1, CG10542, Dmel\CG10542, EC3-8, bre-1, bre1, dBRE1, dBre1, l(3)01640, Bre1, Bre1-PA, Bre1-PB, CG10542-PA, CG10542-PB, lethal (3) 01640
Species: fruit fly
- Mohan M, Herz H, Smith E, Zhang Y, Jackson J, Washburn M, et al. The COMPASS family of H3K4 methylases in Drosophila. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:4310-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study provides a springboard for the functional dissection of the COMPASS family members and their role in the regulation of histone H3K4 methylation throughout development in Drosophila. ..
- Rao S, Janiszewski M, Duca E, Nelson B, Abhinav K, Panagakou I, et al. Invadolysin acts genetically via the SAGA complex to modulate chromosome structure. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:3546-62 pubmed publisher..Over-expression of the Bre1 ubiquitin ligase phenocopies the effects of mutating either the invadolysin or nonstop genes...
- Ben Shahar Y, Nannapaneni K, Casavant T, Scheetz T, Welsh M. Eukaryotic operon-like transcription of functionally related genes in Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:222-7 pubmed..These data reveal eukaryotic operon-like transcription of functionally related genes in Drosophila. The results also suggest that operon-based transcription may be more common in eukaryotes than previously appreciated. ..
- Haddad D, Vilain S, Vos M, Esposito G, Matta S, Kalscheuer V, et al. Mutations in the intellectual disability gene Ube2a cause neuronal dysfunction and impair parkin-dependent mitophagy. Mol Cell. 2013;50:831-43 pubmed publisher..Hence, we identify RAD6A as a regulator of Parkin-dependent mitophagy and establish a critical role for RAD6A in maintaining neuronal function. ..
- Fereres S, SimÃ³n R, Mohd Sarip A, Verrijzer C, Busturia A. dRYBP counteracts chromatin-dependent activation and repression of transcription. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e113255 pubmed publisher..Further we show that dRYBP interacts with the repressive SCE and dKDM2 proteins as well as the activating dBRE1 protein...
- Bajpe P, van der Knaap J, Demmers J, Bezstarosti K, Bassett A, van Beusekom H, et al. Deubiquitylating enzyme UBP64 controls cell fate through stabilization of the transcriptional repressor tramtrack. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:1606-15 pubmed..We conclude that the balance of TTK ubiquitylation by SINA and deubiquitylation by UBP64 constitutes a specific posttranslational switch controlling cell fate. ..
- Jin Z, Homola E, Goldbach P, Choi Y, Brill J, Campbell S. Drosophila Myt1 is a Cdk1 inhibitory kinase that regulates multiple aspects of cell cycle behavior during gametogenesis. Development. 2005;132:4075-85 pubmed..Based on these observations, we propose that Myt1 serves unique Cdk1 regulatory functions required for efficient coupling of cell differentiation with cell cycle progression. ..
- Demakov S, Vatolina T, Babenko V, Semeshin V, Belyaeva E, Zhimulev I. Protein composition of interband regions in polytene and cell line chromosomes of Drosophila melanogaster. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:566 pubmed publisher..of proteins generally characteristic of the "open" chromatin (RNA polymerase II, CHRIZ (CHRO), BEAF-32, BRE1, dMI-2, GAF, NURF301, WDS and TRX)...